ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Garage Door Opener

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Garage Door Opener

Does anyone know a quick and easy way to program the Garage Door Opener?
The manual has been useless to me so far.

It says wait for the orange light to blink. Check
Point door opener at the HomeLink buttons. Check.
Press and hold remote button until HomeLink indicator changes from orange to green. Check.

Then it doesn't work.

Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
mike995134
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts

Try “clearing” it … then program it.

Here’s a You Tube video

Old Today, 02:24 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mike995134
Try “clearing” it … then program it.

Here’s a You Tube video

https://youtu.be/yACJcymNfXs?si=3gvM2krnJ64M_Mb_
Thanks for helping mike.
I followed all the instructions but it didn't work in the end.
Old Today, 03:33 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 544 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by NoiseFree
Thanks for helping mike.
I followed all the instructions but it didn't work in the end.
You might want to consult HomeLink's Program Your Vehicle web site. Select your car's make, model, and year ( and check the "I live in Canada" box) in the Search by Vehicle section and then click on the "Submit >" button. On the next web page "What brand is your garage door opener?", a "Manufacture" drop down menu with a list of garage door manufactures (really just a list of brand names) will be displayed. Select your garage door manufacture's name and a second drop down menu may appear listing model numbers possible (not all possible models are listed) or some other differencing feature for that manufacture/brand. (Some manufactures/brands don't have the second drop down menu.) After the drop down menu selection(s) are made another "Submit >" button will appear. Clicking on that button will take you to a web page with instructions and/or video tailored to your model year ES and your garage door opener.

Without knowing the specific details for your garage opener, I can't say whether or not the HomeLInk's instructions will be more useful than the instructions in the Lexus ES Owner's Manual.
Old Today, 04:16 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Originally Posted by grp52
You might want to consult HomeLink's Program Your Vehicle web site. Select your car's make, model, and year ( and check the "I live in Canada" box) in the Search by Vehicle section and then click on the "Submit >" button. On the next web page "What brand is your garage door opener?", a "Manufacture" drop down menu with a list of garage door manufactures (really just a list of brand names) will be displayed. Select your garage door manufacture's name and a second drop down menu may appear listing model numbers possible (not all possible models are listed) or some other differencing feature for that manufacture/brand. (Some manufactures/brands don't have the second drop down menu.) After the drop down menu selection(s) are made another "Submit >" button will appear. Clicking on that button will take you to a web page with instructions and/or video tailored to your model year ES and your garage door opener.

Without knowing the specific details for your garage opener, I can't say whether or not the HomeLInk's instructions will be more useful than the instructions in the Lexus ES Owner's Manual.
Thanks grp.
I found my garage door opener on the Homelink site, followed their video but it still wouldn't work unfortunately. I guess I'm just
a lucky so and so.
Old Today, 06:39 PM
KMiles
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought a used Lexus and fought through the same things. It took multiple tries, and then I realized that I wasn't following the instructions to the letter. I was finally successful - so - don't give up! My trick was using a combination of the directions from my garage door opener's site and the homelink site. It is very important to completely clear it. I also found that I didn't have much time to push the program button on my opener quickly, so it did with a stick rather than running up the ladder.
Old Today, 07:01 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KMiles
I bought a used Lexus and fought through the same things. It took multiple tries, and then I realized that I wasn't following the instructions to the letter. I was finally successful - so - don't give up! My trick was using a combination of the directions from my garage door opener's site and the homelink site. It is very important to completely clear it. I also found that I didn't have much time to push the program button on my opener quickly, so it did with a stick rather than running up the ladder.
Thanks. I'll stick with it a little while longer.
There's 30 seconds to get back to my car which is plenty from my ladder.
The instructions are different from the three sources I've consulted so far:
1. Manual
2. HomeLink site
3. First Youtube video link above.