ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

What is the difference between ES versions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-24, 09:56 AM
KLD0
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What is the difference between ES versions?

Hi ,
I am not an expert in cars in general, but I have several questions for Lexus ES users. I think in the American market there is a version called Lexus ES 350 Luxury Ultra and Lexus ES 350 Luxury and F Sport.
The first question is, what is the difference between Luxury and Luxury Ultra in detail?
The second question is, is the insulation, comfort, and smoothness present in the sport version? Or is there a significant difference between Luxury and the sport version?
I have a Camry 2016 SE and I suffer from the sound of air inside the car and from the street noise because the insulation is poor, as well as the comfort of the seat, etc. Do you advise me on the Lexus ES? And if I want comfort, smoothness, and insulation, which version is better ؟
Old 09-07-24, 12:02 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,037 Likes on 772 Posts

Luxury and UL are the same when we talk about the insulation.
F Sport is not that insulated, it is more noisy inside, also it has firmer suspension.
With Luxury you get less options as standard, but most of the options from the UL can be added to the Luxury. One of the options that are exclusive to UL are the rear side sunshades. 2019-2021 Luxury did not have suspension lateral dampers which in my opinion are pointless.
The following users liked this post:
freeflight (09-07-24)
Old 09-07-24, 12:14 PM
Arrowrock
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

First, I will point out that the ES350 UL has an MSRP around $56,000. Lexus also has models with MSRP around $90,000. If you want a really quiet car, they will sell you one and it will cost you.

In July, 2024, I bought a 2024 Lexus ES350 Luxury with optional equipment that makes it essentially the same as an Ultra Luxury, but without triple beam headlights and rear side sunshades. The price was about $1500 less than an ultra luxury trim with the common options. While shopping for a new car to replace my 2021 Avalon Touring, which had replaced my 2019 Camry XLE, I studied the Lexus brochure, which explained the differences and options. I will point out that all of my latest three cars had the same V6 engine and transmission and were otherwise rather similar in style. But each had new and improved safety features and more luxury features. The Avalon Touring featured audible engine noise (on purpose) which I endured but did not view as desirable. My Lexus is certainly quieter, and I get fonder of it every time I drive it. Here is the 2024 ES brochure. You might find a good price on a 2024 now that the 2025 models are at dealers. When I was shopping, I was surprised to see a number of ES350 UL cars listed as used with under 5000 miles and just a few months old. Check that out if you want to save money and are willing to buy used. The trim comparisons begin on page 42.
MY24-Lexus-ES-ESh-Brochure.pdf

There are some small changes in trim for 2025, and here is the new brochure. The comparison tables begin on page 42. The F sport handling is said to have a special suspension which must provide a different ride experience.
MY25-Lexus-ES-ESh-Brochure.pdf

In comparing actual vehicles for sale on websites of dealers within 150 miles of me, I found that many "options" are so commonly installed on the luxury and ultra luxury trims that it becomes difficult to find a car without an option that you do not want. For example, the panorama glass roof adds $500 to the MSRP, but I would almost pay extra to have a plain steel roof with no glass. Here is the option list for my car. I added my opinion of each option. Want means it had to be present. OK means I did not want it, but don't mind paying for it. No means I really wish the car did not have it because they added $1785 in total to the MSRP, and I see no value added.

Last edited by Arrowrock; Yesterday at 06:16 AM.
KLD0 (Yesterday)
Old 09-07-24, 12:19 PM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Removed.
Couldn't get link to work.

Last edited by Myshkyn; 09-07-24 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-07-24, 12:27 PM
Arrowrock
Rookie

Originally Posted by Myshkyn
Removed.
Couldn't get link to work.
Try this link for the ES350 models and click on compare styles and click remove on the models in which you have no interest:
2025 Lexus ES — Luxury Midsize Sedan | Lexus.com

Last edited by Arrowrock; Yesterday at 06:18 AM.
Myshkyn (09-07-24)
Old 09-07-24, 01:37 PM
Myshkyn
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Arrowrock
Try this link for the ES350 models and click on compare styles:
2025 Lexus ES — Luxury Midsize Sedan | Lexus.com
Thanks, that's what I was trying to link. The "compare styles" link is about three screens down (on my laptop).

Last edited by Myshkyn; 09-07-24 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-07-24, 02:14 PM
ndunn
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Anyone else regret not getting the dashcam? Is it available on all trims I wonder.
Old 09-07-24, 02:31 PM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 364 Posts

No interest in such things.
NoiseFree (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM
KLD0
4th Gear

Last edited by KLD0; Yesterday at 05:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM
KLD0
4th Gear

First, I will point out that the ES350 UL has an MSRP around $56,000. Lexus also has models with MSRP around $90,000. If you want a really quiet car, they will sell you one and it will cost you.

In July, 2024, I bought a 2024 Lexus ES350 Luxury with optional equipment that makes it essentially the same as an Ultra Luxury, but without triple beam headlights and rear side sunshades. The price was about $1500 less than an ultra luxury trim with the common options. While shopping for a new car to replace my 2021 Avalon Touring, which had replaced my 2018 Camry XLE, I studied the Lexus brochure, which explained the differences and options. I will point out that all of my latest three cars had the same V6 engine and transmission and were otherwise rather similar in style. But each had new and improved safety features and more luxury features. The Avalon Touring featured audible engine noise (on purpose) which I endured but did not view as desirable. My Lexus is certainly quieter, and I get fonder of it every time I drive it. Here is the 2024 ES brochure. You might find a good price on a 2024 now that the 2025 models are at dealers. When I was shopping, I was surprised to see a number of ES350 UL cars listed as used with under 5000 miles and just a few months old. Check that out if you want to save money and are willing to buy used. The trim comparisons begin on page 42.
MY24-Lexus-ES-ESh-Brochure.pdf

There are some small changes in trim for 2025, and here is the new brochure. The comparison tables begin on page 42. The F sport handling is said to have a special suspension which must provide a different ride experience.
MY25-Lexus-ES-ESh-Brochure.pdf

In comparing actual vehicles for sale on websites of dealers within 150 miles of me, I found that many "options" are so commonly installed on the luxury and ultra luxury trims that it becomes difficult to find a car without an option that you do not want. For example, the panorama glass roof adds $500 to the MSRP, but I would almost pay extra to have a plain steel roof with no glass. Here is the option list for my car. I added my opinion of each option. Want means it had to be present. OK means I did not want it, but don't mind paying for it. No means I really wish the car did not have it because they added $1785 in total to the MSRP, and I see no value added.

Thank you brother, last question. If I asked you to rate your Camry in terms of insulation and quietness, and to rate your Lexus in terms of insulation and quietness, how much would you rate it out of 10?
Old Yesterday, 06:35 AM
Arrowrock
Rookie

Originally Posted by KLD0
Thank you brother, last question. If I asked you to rate your Camry in terms of insulation and quietness, and to rate your Lexus in terms of insulation and quietness, how much would you rate it out of 10?
I do not feel qualified to give numerical ratings on sound levels. The 2019 Camry XLE had an MSRP of $38,500 and the ES350 L was $55,190. The cars are similar in many ways, so I am sure some of that price difference bought extra quiet. We have always had the radio on to SXM Symphony Hall since our 2013 Camry XLE and have no trouble enjoying the music.
KLD0 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:54 AM
Shaboom
Racer

Received 510 Likes on 364 Posts

“You might find a good price on a 2024 now that the 2025 models are at dealers. When I was shopping, I was surprised to see a number of ES350 UL cars listed as used with under 5000 miles and just a few months old. Check that out if you want to save money and are willing to buy used.”

When I see deals like that on a previously owned late model ES 350 with u dear 5,000 miles, I get excited to save money then very cautious and ask why anyone would trade in or sell a car like that with so few miles on it. Troubled unit? Previous accident? Persistent interior odor, etc. Some of those things may be detectable by a savvy buyer but many not. Then you own a troubled car, yes under warranty, but aggravating to own and involving repeated trips to dealer, etc. Or maybe the new owner simply didn’t like the car and traded on something sportier, etc.
Can’t trust what the salesman attributes it to.
Just always makes me wonder…
KLD0 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM
KLD0
4th Gear

I do not feel qualified to give numerical ratings on sound levels. The 2019 Camry XLE had an MSRP of $38,500 and the ES350 L was $55,190. The cars are similar in many ways, so I am sure some of that price difference bought extra quiet. We have always had the radio on to SXM Symphony Hall since our 2013 Camry XLE and have no trouble enjoying the music.
not problem , give me your personal rating
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM
tfischer

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

When Shaboom mentioned that he "ask[ed himself] why anyone would trade in or sell a car like that with so few miles on it," it reminded me that I asked the same question (or the "exact same question," as they say on TV) of a Mercedes dealer when I noticed several very low mileage cars on his lot. He cited two main reasons: job transfers that made moving the car difficult, and very wealthy owners who just liked to change cars every 6 months or so.
A low miles car would still come with the new car warranty running from the "in service" date (usually date of sale), which is four years. (A CPO warranty is 3 years from date of sale, and runs concurrently with any remaining new car warranty).
For these reasons, I would not shy away from one of these cars, as it could well be a very good deal on a lightly used Lexus.
FastDawg (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 593 Likes on 416 Posts

Having had a 2013 Camry, driven many 2018 and 2019 Camries and owned a premium 2020 ES hybrid here are my observations:

Premium grade ES hybrid is Extremely quiet and smooth in the city. You can hear some wind noise on highway since it lacks the acoustic glass on luxury and ultra luxury.

Ride: ESh is MUCH much smoother and softer

Interior: obviously ES is MUCH better than Camry

Space: front space similar to Camry, rear seats ES is bigger

Trunk has similar space.

It comes down to you get what you pay for.

But I have to say that the Hybrid ESh sold me on hybrids. It's a delight to drive. Smooth, quiet (unless you floor it) and really really great on gas for such a big family car.
KLD0 (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: What is the difference between ES versions?