Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

LF-1 is $75K +

http://www.motortrend.com/news/lexus...ve-first-look/
Old 04-27-18, 11:02 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,629 Likes on 1,037 Posts

At least $75k I would think. If executed properly, I think it could outsell the LS.

But back to the ES. I still think this is, by far, the best ES they've ever put out. I have no issue with the F Sport version.
Old 04-27-18, 11:04 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
At least $75k I would think. If executed properly, I think it could outsell the LS.

But back to the ES. I still think this is, by far, the best ES they've ever put out. I have no issue with the F Sport version.
Agreed. It will compare well to the Range Rover, and GL. It will give a lot of people an option, who don't want a BOF LX570 like I have in the garage.
Old 04-27-18, 11:05 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76

i agree. Best ES ever and the F sport makes it look nice. It will not make the car any sportier though as implied by some of the posts. F-Sport is an appearance package especially for the fwd platforms.
Old 04-27-18, 11:17 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ

i agree. Best ES ever and the F sport makes it look nice. It will not make the car any sportier though as implied by some of the posts. F-Sport is an appearance package especially for the fwd platforms.
Sport ++ and AVS is only available with the F sport is it not?
Old 04-27-18, 11:44 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by highrev6

Please elaborate more on your claims that Toyota isn’t innovative in advanced 4WD technology? I’m very happy with the AWD system in my 4GS, gets me through the worst blizzards conditions with no trouble every time. My previous vehicle was a 2010 Mercedes with 4matic and I wouldn’t call that AWD advanced at all. I have to say I was throughly impressed by my 2007 Infiniti G37X, but it wasn’t that fuel efficient and quite honestly it’s launches on dry pavement were nice, but so is my 4GS on Conti DWS06’s tires.

I’m going to assume you haven’t found time to read the 2019 RAV4 press release which says next RAV4 is going to offer three separate AWD systems. The basic system for the plebian driver and newly developed advanced system similar to Acura’s SH-AWD with torque vectoring which will be available on the top trim level model. The final system being a hybrid setup with a more efficient and more powerful rear AC electric traction motor.
Tricked out = performance AWD that's what I meant
And good for them to finally introduce first gen like SH-AWD, they are like only ten years late to the party. But better late than never. Current SH-AWD in hybrid form is way too advanced for any upcoming Toyota Hybrid AWD.

The way I worded my sentence was confusing as I didn't accuse Toyota of not having a capable everyday AWD, what I meant was them not to having a performance AWD setup that they could fit into ES for example. I've never had any experience with their RWD based AWD so I will take your word for it and I don't doubt it.
Old 04-27-18, 11:59 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Tricked out = performance AWD that's what I meant
And good for them to finally introduce first gen like SH-AWD, they are like only ten years late to the party. But better late than never. Current SH-AWD in hybrid form is way too advanced for any upcoming Toyota Hybrid AWD.

The way I worded my sentence was confusing as I didn't accuse Toyota of not having a capable everyday AWD, what I meant was them not to having a performance AWD setup that they could fit into ES for example. I've never had any experience with their RWD based AWD so I will take your word for it and I don't doubt it.
Hey Vladi,

thanks tor the Clariry on what you were talking about. Yes the traditional AWD used in the Highlander, RAV4 and RX/NX etc is meh. Nothing to write home about. But with crossover SUV’s becoming more and more popular I see why they are start to step their game up.

Old 04-27-18, 12:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,506 Likes on 1,647 Posts

omg, so much blathering on fwd, rwd, awd, and platforms and silly designations. toyota designating all the new platforms with the TNGA prefix is highly confusing for one thing, but for another, it's all irrelevant. what matters is how they drive, how they feel, how much they cost, what configurations do they offer.
Old 04-27-18, 12:28 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Somehow unexpected, but the UK will receive 4 engines:

The range will include the ES 300h, on sale from December 2018, powered by a new self-charging hybrid system, together with the ES 200, ES 250 and ES 350 petrol engine models that will go on sale from September 2018.
Old 04-27-18, 12:33 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by asoksevil
Somehow unexpected, but the UK will receive 4 engines:

The range will include the ES 300h, on sale from December 2018, powered by a new self-charging hybrid system, together with the ES 200, ES 250 and ES 350 petrol engine models that will go on sale from September 2018.
300h in Western Europe, 2.0l, 2.5l, 3.5l V6 in Russia and Ukraine.

It is a mistake on UK website
Old 04-27-18, 12:34 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
omg, so much blathering on fwd, rwd, awd, and platforms and silly designations. toyota designating all the new platforms with the TNGA prefix is highly confusing for one thing, but for another, it's all irrelevant. what matters is how they drive, how they feel, how much they cost, what configurations do they offer.
indeed, agreed.
Old 04-27-18, 12:46 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,506 Likes on 1,647 Posts

a 2.0L ES may be a slug... but necessary for the arbitrary european tax punishment.
Old 04-27-18, 01:10 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

Sport ++ and AVS is only available with the F sport is it not?
Most of the F Sports don't have a Sport+ mode with AVS. I believe the IS350, RC350, and GS350 are the only ones i know of (maybe the LC500 and LS but i haven't driven though). The GS350 also gets AVS with the luxury package. I haven't seen Sport+ on any of the FWD derivatives.

AVS helps with the handling but it can't make a mediocre car into a super star. The GS / IS / RC just have a really good platform for handling and the AVS makes it incrementally better.
Old 04-27-18, 01:30 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Most of the F Sports don't have a Sport+ mode with AVS. I believe the IS350, RC350, and GS350 are the only ones i know of (maybe the LC500 and LS but i haven't driven though). The GS350 also gets AVS with the luxury package. I haven't seen Sport+ on any of the FWD derivatives.

AVS helps with the handling but it can't make a mediocre car into a super star. The GS / IS / RC just have a really good platform for handling and the AVS makes it incrementally better.
Who called the ES a super star? And not sure how you can claim the ES is mediocre. It looks vastly improved over most every other generation that comes before it. Technology (latest Navi, Alexa, CarPlay), usability (60/40 for example), improved hybrid and V6 powertrains, AVS addition rides better etc..

The NX F-Sport and RX F-Sport have S+

Last edited by Hoovey689; 04-27-18 at 01:34 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-27-18, 01:38 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Who called the ES a super star? And not sure how you can claim the ES is mediocre. It looks vastly improved over most every other generation that comes before it.

The NX F-Sport and RX F-Sport have S+
I meant handling only. I agree the ES is a great entry lux car. It will be class leading for sure but AVS won't make it compete with the sports sedans. My only point is that the F Sport is mostly a cosmetic package...a fashion statement for most of Lexus lineup.

Quick Reply: All-new 2019 Lexus ES to debut at Beijing Motorshow