Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 7ES forum for discussion about shared components with other seventh generation ES models.

2019 ES300h coming to my dealer soon!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-18, 04:57 AM
lancecov
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2019 ES300h coming to my dealer soon!!!

Hi all. Visited my local dealer yesterday and was told that their initial allocation of 6 300h cars will arrive in the US on or about Sept 7 and will be at the dealer by the end of Sept. All 6 cars are equipped the same and have the same MSRP. The equipment package as described to me seems to be a mix of luxury and ultra-luxury. No special orders at this point. I was able to reserve ($500 refundable) the one I wanted (Nightfall Mica exterior/Chateau interior). Here’s hoping the government does not impose auto tariffs between now and Sept. 7.
Old 08-19-18, 09:14 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes! My dealership has a similar shipment coming in around that date. There are already some models (supposedly) already at a US port and on their way to my dealership once they clear customs. What were the prices you were given? Here is what my dealership found for me:

Old 08-20-18, 04:42 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Neezy216
Yes! My dealership has a similar shipment coming in around that date. There are already some models (supposedly) already at a US port and on their way to my dealership once they clear customs. What were the prices you were given? Here is what my dealership found for me:

So, either that's marked up ~$3,500, or the initial pricing was way off. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...-pricing-msrp/
Old 08-20-18, 05:54 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
So, either that's marked up ~$3,500, or the initial pricing was way off. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...-pricing-msrp/
Looks correct to me. The pricing in the link you provided are for the base models. This is the Ultra Luxury..Starting base price is at $44,960.00
Old 08-20-18, 06:13 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperMido
Looks correct to me. The pricing in the link you provided are for the base models. This is the Ultra Luxury..Starting base price is at $44,960.00
Yeah, I guess I was just hung up on the "Vehicle Base Model" price on the sticker. $55k is a lot for an ES, though.
Old 08-20-18, 07:30 AM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
Yeah, I guess I was just hung up on the "Vehicle Base Model" price on the sticker. $55k is a lot for an ES, though.
Right! They will budge on the price a little I believe...this is just the MSRP from Lexus Corporate. I'm sure dealers will have their own events going on. Maybe not a substantial discount like what the 2018's are getting now, but something.

The pricing was pretty spot on, especially with this website in addition to the cnet article:

https://northparklexusatdominion.wordpress.com/2018/07/27/2019-lexus-es-pricing/
Old 08-20-18, 04:03 PM
lancecov
Driver School Candidate

Default Update on my 300h reservation

Hi all,
Glad to see so much interest in this topic. As I stated in the opening post of this thread, I have reserved a 2019 300h at my local dealer. The salesman just emailed me the spec sheet for my car. Note that the VIN number is included, meaning (I assume) this is the actual car I will be getting. Let me know any additional questions.

Old 08-20-18, 04:56 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

I was also given a spec sheet and VIN (omitted from my other post) as well. My dealer told me mine is in port going through customs. He also stated supply is limited and most dealers would know exactly what they're getting....so far. No black (obsidian) "hybrids" have entered production yet (as of the writing of this post). All of the obsidian hybrids we've seen in pics/videos have been pre-production vehicles.
Old 08-21-18, 07:10 PM
lancecov
Driver School Candidate

Default Question for Neezy216

Hi all,
I have a question for Neezy216. Can I ask when you expect to take delivery of your 300h? Also, was your 300h a special order or just normal stock? When I talked to my salesman and listed all the features of your 300h, he said that it would be a special order that would not arrive until Dec. Thanks in advance for your answer.
Old 08-23-18, 06:47 AM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lancecov
Hi all,
I have a question for Neezy216. Can I ask when you expect to take delivery of your 300h? Also, was your 300h a special order or just normal stock? When I talked to my salesman and listed all the features of your 300h, he said that it would be a special order that would not arrive until Dec. Thanks in advance for your answer.
Yes, I requested every option. I really wanted black, but no "obsidian 300h's" have entered production yet. I'm not sure when I'll be getting it.
Old 08-23-18, 02:50 PM
jamienpld
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Obsidian 2019 Lexus ES 300h

I was also given a spec sheet and VIN (omitted from my other post) as well. My dealer told me mine is in port going through customs. He also stated supply is limited and most dealers would know exactly what they're getting....so far. No black (obsidian) "hybrids" have entered production yet (as of the writing of this post). All of the obsidian hybrids we've seen in pics/videos have been pre-production vehicles.
The Southern Area is receiving Obsidian (0212) 2019 Lexus ES 300h's and North Park Lexus at Dominion has 1 allocated with vessel ETA being September 12th (meaning this Obsidian ES 300h will arrive at the dealership the last week of September). Where are you located? It is possible that your area did not order or build any ES 300h's in Obsidian but that does not mean they are not available. Your local dealership can trade and get one for you (granted there may be transportation costs depending on where you live). Hope this helps!
Old 08-23-18, 03:17 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jamienpld
The Southern Area is receiving Obsidian (0212) 2019 Lexus ES 300h's and North Park Lexus at Dominion has 1 allocated with vessel ETA being September 12th (meaning this Obsidian ES 300h will arrive at the dealership the last week of September). Where are you located? It is possible that your area did not order or build any ES 300h's in Obsidian but that does not mean they are not available. Your local dealership can trade and get one for you (granted there may be transportation costs depending on where you live). Hope this helps!
Southern Cali. One dealer in my area did let me know he could get an obsidian by the end of September by trading or requesting it from another dealer. I prefer obsidian, but I am open to any grey exterior color as long as it's fully loaded!

Yet another Lexus dealer in my area (I have four within 40 miles of me) just informed me to place my refundable deposit ($1000) tomorrow. They "assured" me they will have fully loaded hybrids ready to sell during the first week of September (taking that with a grain of salt). Next week, they expect their first shipment to physically arrive and will complete whatever dealer processing they intend to do during labor day weekend. They also told me that their shipment is ahead of schedule, but still going through customs.
Old 08-23-18, 03:40 PM
jamienpld
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Southern Cali. One dealer in my area did let me know he could get an obsidian by the end of September by trading or requesting it from another dealer. I prefer obsidian, but I am open to any grey exterior color as long as it's fully loaded!

Yet another Lexus dealer in my area (I have four within 40 miles of me) just informed me to place my refundable deposit ($1000) tomorrow. They "assured" me they will have fully loaded hybrids ready to sell during the first week of September (taking that with a grain of salt). Next week, they expect their first shipment to physically arrive and will complete whatever dealer processing they intend to do during labor day weekend. They also told me that their shipment is ahead of schedule, but still going through customs.
They should be able to get you either color and since you're in California and these are coming into the Long Beach Port, you may even see them before we do (Texas). The official release/sale date for the 2019 ES is September 3rd. Your local dealership(s) should get their "launch cars" next week and have the first batch of available 2019 models for retail sale by September 3rd.
Old 08-23-18, 05:54 PM
lancecov
Driver School Candidate

Default “Loaded hybrid” question

Hi all,
Very informative thread! I noticed the mention of the availability of “loaded hybrids”. Does this mean that “loaded hybrids” are on the way from Japan now? Also, does “loaded” mean that these cars would include, for example, Heads Up Display”, “Panoramic View Monitor”, “Mark Levinson Sound” and other Ultra-Luxury features? My salesman has said that the “stock” ES300h cars on their way to our area do not have all of these type of features. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 08-23-18, 10:44 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jamienpld
They should be able to get you either color and since you're in California and these are coming into the Long Beach Port, you may even see them before we do (Texas). The official release/sale date for the 2019 ES is September 3rd. Your local dealership(s) should get their "launch cars" next week and have the first batch of available 2019 models for retail sale by September 3rd.
Thank you for the clarification on the official release date. Sep 3 was the exact date my dealer claims I should be able to drive one off the lot. Are dealers open on Labor day? September 3rd is a holiday lol.

Originally Posted by lancecov
Hi all,
Very informative thread! I noticed the mention of the availability of “loaded hybrids”. Does this mean that “loaded hybrids” are on the way from Japan now? Also, does “loaded” mean that these cars would include, for example, Heads Up Display”, “Panoramic View Monitor”, “Mark Levinson Sound” and other Ultra-Luxury features? My salesman has said that the “stock” ES300h cars on their way to our area do not have all of these type of features. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Yes, fully loaded implies every single option is on the vehicle (including Heads up display, panoramic view monitor, mark levinson). It's up to your dealer (and availability from the Lexus plant in Japan) to specify what they wanted in their first stock of 300h's. One out of four dealers in my area only specified "luxury" and "premium" packages in their initial stock while my other three stated they have 1-2 fully loaded hybrids coming.

Special ordering IS available at some dealers (confirmed by calling my local dealers)

I wonder if initial allocation of 300h's was on a first come first serve basis lol. For example, I wonder if dealers that put in their requests "earlier" than others are getting the fully loaded models (if they requested them) while other dealers are stuck waiting until the end of september/october for a second shipment.

Lancecove - here is a link to show you what chateau with linear dark mocha looks like (just in case you're wondering): https://lexusenthusiast.com/2018/06/...exus-es-sedan/
Well what we do know is Lancecov and I want our 300h's ASAP! I am upgrading from a black 2007 ES350 with 135,000 miles (partially shown in my avatar)

Last edited by Neezy216; 08-23-18 at 10:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 ES300h coming to my dealer soon!!!