ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES 350/ES 300h Proud Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-18, 12:05 AM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2019 ES 350/ES 300h Proud Owners

Happy to say I am a proud owner of a 2019 ES 300h Ultra Luxury - Fully Loaded (every single option)!

Starting this thread to collect/share real owner reviews of our new toys! I test drove two separately trimmed ES 300h's before purchasing. I will spend the following seven days going through the vehicle and will share my thoughts after 1 week of ownership! Impressed, satisfied, and confident I will be keeping until it dies.

Location: SoCal - excellent dealership experience and several compliments before driving vehicle off the lot. Lots of staring too!
Official Release: Labor Day, however, Lexus dealers are now authorized to "softly" sell the 2019 ES's.

Now to my negotiation and to assist others with getting their dealer to budge on the MSRP:

-Dealers are indeed attempting to charge MSRP: "we're offering 2018's at a large discount already"
-Military, Recent/Upcoming College grad, and Lexus Loyalty discounts are available* on the 2019 until SEP 04
-I was able to apply the military and Lexus loyalty discounts ($750 + $750)...these expire on TUESDAY SEP 04
-Dealer granted additional cash on trade-in of 5th GEN ES (couple hundred) after politely whining and reassuring I am trying to purchase a vehicle immediately
-Arrived with my own financing, but agreed to Lexus terms under the following conditions that came with a reduced additional cost:
1. Increase bumper to bumper warranty to 100,000 miles 7 years (reduced cost)
2. Match Gap insurance with my own financing option (reduced by $500)
3. Add Protective sealant to semi-aniline leather and exterior paint
4. Tire replacement (not patching) for nails, damage, etc.
5. Match my own financing's apr (they came within 0.40%) while keeping term length
6. Additional options

Total saving off MSRP (WITHOUT THE NEED TO ACCEPT ITEMS 1-4): $1,700 ~3.11% off my model's MSRP.
Savings did not require me to get add-ons, dealer options I wanted, etc.
Overall, they get more money out of me while I get a little piece of mind and primarily....Convenience. This course of action is not for everyone, especially those that don't care to get dealer options/extended warranties, etc.

Once again, a 1 week of ownership review (WITH PICTURES) is forthcoming!
The following users liked this post:
Freds430 (03-15-23)
Old 09-01-18, 06:24 AM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations, I'm anxiously waiting on mine to arrive at my dealer. I got the ES350 UL with everything too, mine is Imminent White and Chateau with dark Mocha. I'll wait to hear more from you Congratulations again.
Old 09-01-18, 11:01 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,562 Likes on 1,826 Posts

I'm jealous - I haven't seen them in stock yet in Northern NJ.
Old 09-01-18, 12:11 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Doody
Congratulations, I'm anxiously waiting on mine to arrive at my dealer. I got the ES350 UL with everything too, mine is Imminent White and Chateau with dark Mocha. I'll wait to hear more from you Congratulations again.
CONGRATS! Mine is Silver Lining Metallic with the same interior as yours!

@mikemu30,

As far as the hybrids go, they're entering the US through Long Beach, CA. My dealer said the first batch is being delivered via truck or train from West to East. I know some parts of the east coast have received ES350's already since those are coming from Kentucky. Once you get yours, it'll be well worth the wait! Let us know when it arrives!

Last edited by Neezy216; 09-01-18 at 12:14 PM.
mikemu30 (09-02-18)
Old 09-06-18, 05:59 AM
jz14
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Neezy216
Can you include with your 1 week of ownership a review of the following?
- Your assessment of the triple beam LEDs light output compared to stock LEDs and vs other cars on the road with LEDs. (I started a thread about this)
- There was another post about reflections from the NAV screen and not being able to see it clearly during the day. Please let us know your experience there.

Those are all I can think of right now. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-06-18, 06:26 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jz14
Can you include with your 1 week of ownership a review of the following?
- Your assessment of the triple beam LEDs light output compared to stock LEDs and vs other cars on the road with LEDs. (I started a thread about this)
- There was another post about reflections from the NAV screen and not being able to see it clearly during the day. Please let us know your experience there.

Those are all I can think of right now. Thank you in advance.
I second those requests please!!

Also, the new Mark Levinson sound system, how is it like? How is bass response from the new 10.4" sub? Deep? Weak? Etc. Thanks!
Old 09-06-18, 09:54 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,206 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Longo has an inventory of 2019s up. pretty neat to see
Old 09-06-18, 02:03 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

All,

I will certainly address everyone's inquiries! I hope to provide my 1-week of ownership review sometime next week!
Old 09-06-18, 06:50 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Neezy216
Happy to say I am a proud owner of a 2019 ES 300h Ultra Luxury - Fully Loaded (every single option)!

Starting this thread to collect/share real owner reviews of our new toys! I test drove two separately trimmed ES 300h's before purchasing. I will spend the following seven days going through the vehicle and will share my thoughts after 1 week of ownership! Impressed, satisfied, and confident I will be keeping until it dies.

Location: SoCal - excellent dealership experience and several compliments before driving vehicle off the lot. Lots of staring too!
Official Release: Labor Day, however, Lexus dealers are now authorized to "softly" sell the 2019 ES's.
I like to see you options and sticker

Now to my negotiation and to assist others with getting their dealer to budge on the MSRP:

-Dealers are indeed attempting to charge MSRP: "we're offering 2018's at a large discount already"
-Military, Recent/Upcoming College grad, and Lexus Loyalty discounts are available* on the 2019 until SEP 04
-I was able to apply the military and Lexus loyalty discounts ($750 + $750)...these expire on TUESDAY SEP 04
-Dealer granted additional cash on trade-in of 5th GEN ES (couple hundred) after politely whining and reassuring I am trying to purchase a vehicle immediately
-Arrived with my own financing, but agreed to Lexus terms under the following conditions that came with a reduced additional cost:
1. Increase bumper to bumper warranty to 100,000 miles 7 years (reduced cost)
2. Match Gap insurance with my own financing option (reduced by $500)
3. Add Protective sealant to semi-aniline leather and exterior paint
4. Tire replacement (not patching) for nails, damage, etc.
5. Match my own financing's apr (they came within 0.40%) while keeping term length
6. Additional options

Total saving off MSRP (WITHOUT THE NEED TO ACCEPT ITEMS 1-4): $1,700 ~3.11% off my model's MSRP.
Savings did not require me to get add-ons, dealer options I wanted, etc.
Overall, they get more money out of me while I get a little piece of mind and primarily....Convenience. This course of action is not for everyone, especially those that don't care to get dealer options/extended warranties, etc.

Please lets see some pictures
I ordered mine today it might take 4 months UL Emimit white with Flaxen and bamboo
Do the headrest move forward and back like previous models?
mine msrp 55k plus
Old 09-12-18, 10:15 PM
Neezy216
Driver School Candidate

Everyone interested in purchasing a 2019 ES...with a wireless charging pad,

Please note, the pad's orientation in the center storage area does not have enough space to fit any phones around the size of a Samsung S9+, Note 8, Iphone X, and the new large (over 6.2 inches or more) Iphones and note 9.

In comparison, I tried fitting my 6.2 inch Note 8 in my coworker's E300 charging pad and it also did not fit.

My full ownership review (covering purchase date of 8/31-present) of my currently rare "fully-loaded" 2019 ES 300h is still coming....be on the lookout for it as I own one of the few fully-loaded 2019 ES's that was available and was able to test the Lexus safety system + 2.0 in LA Interstate 405 traffic for over an hour! In addition to feedback I already received, please feel free to continue providing questions you'd like answers to in my review. I hope to provide my full review on or before 15 SEP.
reposado2 (09-13-18)
Old 09-13-18, 10:22 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=Neezy216;10305207 test the Lexus safety system + 2.0 in LA Interstate 405 traffic for over an hour! .[/QUOTE]

Cant wait to see your review of the new Lane tracing assist on hwy. Also how does it detect hands on steering(light touch, need to nudge the steering wheel every now and then, would leaving a thumb on the steering be enough, etc)?
Old 09-13-18, 12:28 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

watch the car wow video on youtube it shows the system in its good and bad capabilities
Old 09-13-18, 12:36 PM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
watch the car wow video on youtube it shows the system in its good and bad capabilities
I actually did... just hoping for more details.
Old 09-13-18, 12:48 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

I see that they get Android Auto across the pond in the U.K. And a CVT tranny. Ugggh. But no ES 350...
Old 09-13-18, 07:47 PM
JRandy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of Melbourne, FL has pictures of a 2019 ES 350 in their inventory and in the pictures of the screen you can see reflections. They don't make it impossible to read but they are there.

https://www.lexusofmelbourne.com/new...f8a4b34910.htm

Quick Reply: 2019 ES 350/ES 300h Proud Owners