ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES F-Sport Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-18, 05:46 PM
Lex83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES F-Sport Options

I am interested in replacing my 8 year old ES with the new F-Sport Trim. I was on the Lexus website today trying to build an F-Sport model and it appears the panoramic roof and panoramic view camera aren't options for the F-Sport. My local dealer doesn't have one in yet and they said they'd probably have one in next week and I can't wait to see. I'm just hoping those two options wouldn't be excluded from the F-Sport. Especially the camera as my wife has it in her RX. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 09-01-18, 05:50 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex83
I am interested in replacing my 8 year old ES with the new F-Sport Trim. I was on the Lexus website today trying to build an F-Sport model and it appears the panoramic roof and panoramic view camera aren't options for the F-Sport. My local dealer doesn't have one in yet and they said they'd probably have one in next week and I can't wait to see. I'm just hoping those two options wouldn't be excluded from the F-Sport. Especially the camera as my wife has it in her RX. Has anyone else noticed this?
Not sure about the 360 cameras. But the Panoramic roof was confirmed to only be on the regular ES350. Not on the F-Sport or Hybrid. And in all honesty if you don't see something as an available option on the online configurator, then its safe to assume its not going to be available.
Old 09-01-18, 05:58 PM
Lex83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SuperMido
Not sure about the 360 cameras. But the Panoramic roof was confirmed to only be on the regular ES350. Not on the F-Sport or Hybrid. And in all honesty if you don't see something as an available option on the online configurator, then its safe to assume its not going to be available.
Thanks...that just seems like odd omissions to me especially on the Sport model.
Old 09-01-18, 06:00 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Thanks...that just seems like odd omissions to me especially on the Sport model.
I'd agree with you on the cameras end; cant see why that would be taken out. But the pano roof, I know some manufacturers don't like to include on their "performance" models because of the added weight..
Old 09-01-18, 06:02 PM
Lex83
Driver School Candidate

I'd agree with you on the cameras end; cant see why that would be taken out. But the pano roof, I know some manufacturers don't like to include on their "performance" models because of the added weight..
Yes, mainly the 360 camera which I love and it excellent on a 12.3 inch screen. When the LS was first revealed, my service tech was concerned about wind noise with the pano roof. which I can live without.
Old 09-01-18, 06:40 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

I think no 360 camera on the F Sport is a deal breaker for me. I use the 360 camera on the RX every time I'm in it.

Edit - Lexus website says the 360 camera is NOT optional on the F Sport.
https://www.lexus.com/models/ES/safety
Four high-resolution cameras mounted on the front, sides and rear of the vehicle give drivers a bird’s-eye view of the near environment. Moving View and See-Through View options create a composite image of the vehicle’s surroundings as on-screen guides help assist with parking and tight maneuvering.
Optional On: ES 350 ULTRA LUXURY, ES 350 LUXURY, ES 300h ULTRA LUXURY, ES 300h LUXURY

Last edited by 95bat; 09-01-18 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-02-18, 07:44 AM
Lex83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 95bat
I think no 360 camera on the F Sport is a deal breaker for me. I use the 360 camera on the RX every time I'm in it.

Edit - Lexus website says the 360 camera is NOT optional on the F Sport.
https://www.lexus.com/models/ES/safety
Thanks for the link. I asked a salesman on YouTube about the camera. He mentioned it was a 'luxurious' option as if that's not an option expected at that price point. He also mentioned the weight of the pano roof. But the LS F Sport offers it as an option. I just don't get it!
Old 09-02-18, 07:56 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Thanks for the link. I asked a salesman on YouTube about the camera. He mentioned it was a 'luxurious' option as if that's not an option expected at that price point. He also mentioned the weight of the pano roof. But the LS F Sport offers it as an option. I just don't get it!
Yea, no offense to anyone, but that salesman is full of it...I have a freaking Nissan Maxima that has a 360 camera set up..And its much cheaper and not even a luxury car...
Old 09-02-18, 08:29 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

^ Yeah it's an option on a damn Camry! The F Sport should have it.
Old 09-02-18, 10:05 AM
Lex83
Driver School Candidate

Yea, no offense to anyone, but that salesman is full of it...I have a freaking Nissan Maxima that has a 360 camera set up..And its much cheaper and not even a luxury car...
​​​​​​
The Nissan Kicks tops out around $21K and it has it. I hope the rectify it with the 2020 model. I originally thought it would be a 'cool' option, but it is one of my favorite features.
Old 09-02-18, 11:15 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

What about no leather on the FSport - only Nuluxe. Seems absurd.
Old 09-02-18, 01:39 PM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

​​​​​​
The Nissan Kicks tops out around $21K and it has it. I hope the rectify it with the 2020 model. I originally thought it would be a 'cool' option, but it is one of my favorite features.
Here is the optional Around View Monitor in a 2014 Nissan Versa Note (starting MSRP around $15k):

I don't think even the 2018 Lexus LS 500 (starting MSRP $75k) has it.
Old 09-02-18, 06:37 PM
Tone2002
Rookie

I figured the fully loaded F Sports packages would be missing certain components. Just couldn’t figure out what is was. Now I know. The pano roof I get because also the hybrid for the same reason doesn’t have it.

Not sure about the pano view or the folding mirrors. I can live without it, but just glaring omissions in my opinion. But I guess you can’t always have everything.
Old 09-03-18, 07:00 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
What about no leather on the FSport - only Nuluxe. Seems absurd.
Have you ever had a car with NuLuxe? I used to dislike the idea of synthetic “pleather”, but now that I have owned both in Lexus cars, I have observed that the NuLuxe maintains its factory appearance better than real leather. My last RX was displaying stretch marks from the animal hides used in the seats by 5K miles. I have no such marks appearing in my ES at 19k miles. I have passengers complement the leather only to tell them it’s synthetic. It looks and feels like the real thing, except for the stretch marks and cracks - and price of course. The only differences I can perceive is the smell and the prestige.

To be completely fair, I don’t know what to expect from the long term wear of NuLuxe compared to real leather, nor can I compare NuLuxe to the semi analine leather. However, I like it much better than I would have expected and it fits my budget better.
Old 09-03-18, 08:15 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut

Have you ever had a car with NuLuxe? I used to dislike the idea of synthetic “pleather”, but now that I have owned both in Lexus cars, I have observed that the NuLuxe maintains its factory appearance better than real leather. My last RX was displaying stretch marks from the animal hides used in the seats by 5K miles. I have no such marks appearing in my ES at 19k miles. I have passengers complement the leather only to tell them it’s synthetic. It looks and feels like the real thing, except for the stretch marks and cracks - and price of course. The only differences I can perceive is the smell and the prestige.

To be completely fair, I don’t know what to expect from the long term wear of NuLuxe compared to real leather, nor can I compare NuLuxe to the semi analine leather. However, I like it much better than I would have expected and it fits my budget better.
I've had cars with synthetic but not Lexus - for sure it is more durable but at these price points, I think I'd still prefer the real thing.

Quick Reply: ES F-Sport Options