ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Possibility of Performance Mods for the new ES

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-18, 08:14 PM
kaytoven
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Possibility of Performance Mods for the new ES

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows about the likeliness of there being performance mods for the new ES. I see exhausts, intakes, carbon fiber parts, etc. for the IS and RC all the time but never for the ES.
Old 09-06-18, 04:34 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kaytoven
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows about the likeliness of there being performance mods for the new ES. I see exhausts, intakes, carbon fiber parts, etc. for the IS and RC all the time but never for the ES.
Because the ES is simply NOT about performance or Sport...Luxury and comfort are its qualities. And hope it always stays this way..
The following users liked this post:
highrev6 (09-06-18)
Old 09-06-18, 04:56 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 658 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperMido
Because the ES is simply NOT about performance or Sport...Luxury and comfort are its qualities. And hope it always stays this way..
Well, they do now sell an FSport version of the ES. It looks sportier and faster.
Old 09-06-18, 04:57 AM
SuperMido
Driver

Originally Posted by Mike728
Well, they do now sell an FSport version of the ES. It looks sportier and faster.
Sadly..Was hoping the ES stays away from anything Sport related. But hey, as long as the regular ES350 keeps its current tradition and improves on it. I'm happy!
Old 09-06-18, 06:16 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Can't speak for anyone else but when I get my new '19 I plan on adding side skirts, curb feelers, a lambskin for the seats, and a suicide **** on the steering wheel... Haven't decided yet on loud mufflers but did get a set of furry dice for the mirror...
Old 09-06-18, 06:36 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

There is very little chance you will see Lexus or any aftermarket companies create performance parts for the 7ES beyond a reusable K&N air filter. The ES is not a sports oriented car. If you want performance modification parts look at a Lexus IS, GS, RC.
Old 09-06-18, 05:12 PM
kaytoven
Driver School Candidate

Yeah the reason I was asking was because there IS an F sport model this year. I was considering buying a universal exhaust if there are no options for the ES.
Old 09-06-18, 05:18 PM
kaytoven
Driver School Candidate

Sadly..Was hoping the ES stays away from anything Sport related. But hey, as long as the regular ES350 keeps its current tradition and improves on it. I'm happy!
Why does the ES becoming more sportier seem so taboo to you?
19LexusDad (09-06-18)
Old 09-06-18, 06:01 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Originally Posted by kaytoven
Why does the ES becoming more sportier seem so taboo to you?
Because I'm so sick of all the manufacturers making every car "sporty"...

I don't want a stiff riding car, I don't want road feel, noise, vibrations, heavy steering, etc. I want a nice comfortable, relaxed, luxurious car to drive everyday.

Now I'm not against sports cars, I'm sure a TON of people out there want them, and love them. BUT the Lexus ES was NEVER a sport or sporty car. And it NEEDS to stay this way for people like me. I'm sure there are others who will also agree.

I'm not saying Lexus should only make comfy, relaxed cars. They can have different models; and as a matter of fact, they do! The IS, GS, RC, LC....All sports/sporty cars.

Now, lets leave the ES and LS for pure luxury and comfort please! Thanks!

Last edited by SuperMido; 09-07-18 at 04:32 AM.
signdetres (09-07-18)
Old 09-06-18, 06:05 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Because I'm so sick of all the manufacturer's making every car "sporty"...

I don't want a stiff riding car, I don't want road feel, noise, vibrations, heavy steering, etc. I want a nice comfortable, relaxed, luxurious car to drive everyday.

Now I'm not against sports cars, I'm sure a TON of people out there want them, and love them. BUT the Lexus ES was NEVER a sport or sporty car. And it NEEDS to stay this way for people like me. I'm sure there are others who will also agree.

I'm not saying Lexus should only make comfy, relaxed cars. They can have different models; and as a matter of fact, they do! The IS, GS, RC, LC....All sports/sporty cars.

Amen, Brotha
Old 09-06-18, 07:08 PM
Doody
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree 100%.
Old 09-06-18, 08:06 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

I'd be wiling to bet most of the 25% of buyers they're expecting to option for the ES F Sport wouldn't complain about the F Sport having AWD and the LS 500 twin turbo V6. I would be one of them! I want the same thing as you, no road feel, noise, vibrations, heavy steering, etc. But I also want a little excitement in a straight line. The LS 500 is decently quick to 60 mph (they claim 4.6 sec) and I would absolutely love that in an ES as well. I don't need (nor want to buy) all the features of the LS 500. The ES is the perfect size car for me, but I'll never turn down more power!

Basically the Lexus version of an MB C63, but not a that unreliable and expensive to maintain It would also fill the void the GS F will leave once the GS is gone.
19LexusDad (09-06-18)
Old 09-06-18, 08:37 PM
19LexusDad
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the new ES 350 F Sport. It is my first Lexus and yes, I’m the part of the younger demographic that Lexus is trying to target. Mission accomplished. Looking forward to learning more about this car. I originally wanted the GS, but the rear legroom was lacking vs. the ES. Seats a family of 5 comfortably and I like the value, comfort, reliability, more torque/power and more aggressive styling vs. the earlier years - best of both worlds. Hopefully they come out with an AWD version one of these days. I’m happy with what I have.
Old 09-06-18, 10:24 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Maybe an RR Racing Supercharger for the 2019+ ES one day
Old 09-07-18, 02:46 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by 95bat
I'd be wiling to bet most of the 25% of buyers they're expecting to option for the ES F Sport wouldn't complain about the F Sport having AWD and the LS 500 twin turbo V6. I would be one of them! I want the same thing as you, no road feel, noise, vibrations, heavy steering, etc. But I also want a little excitement in a straight line. The LS 500 is decently quick to 60 mph (they claim 4.6 sec) and I would absolutely love that in an ES as well. I don't need (nor want to buy) all the features of the LS 500. The ES is the perfect size car for me, but I'll never turn down more power!

Basically the Lexus version of an MB C63, but not a that unreliable and expensive to maintain It would also fill the void the GS F will leave once the GS is gone.
Lexus would never build what you just described, here is why.

The 2019 ES is larger than the LS500 in regards to total interior volume. The ES is a lot less expensive than the LS. hypothetical let’s say Lexus did build your dream twin turbo ultra ES500. Conusmer would be able to walk into a Lexus Dealer and buy a $40k car with more room to stretch out than the LS and equal power to the LS for under $50k or $25,000 less than the ‘18 LS which already has it battles cut out with some of the best executive luxury cars in the world. The LS500 would now have its own family memeber nipping at its heels while fighting the A8, S560 etc.

My point is, the LS would experience sales cannibalization 10 fold. The LS would loose tremendous sales and pretty much have to be discontinued.

Yes I see you compared the C-class to the ES and they do compete to some extent both are their brands entry level luxury sedans. The reason the C63 was allowed to be created is because it’s has less interior volume than a Honda Civic, and therefore doesn’t really compete with the larger S-class in terms of size. The C63 doesn’t cannibalize sales at all with the larger S-class. The buyers of the S-class wants comfortable floating on cloud 9 ride, large interior and effortless power! The c63 owner wants a tight intimate car with great handling, road communication and ridiculous amounts of power on demand.

The two cars don’t collide therefore they can both exists happily ever after in the same showroom without any friction. C63 buyers won’t have interest in the S-class and S-class potential buyers won’t have any interest in the tiny c63. That’s wouldn’t be the case if Lexus was to build exactly you just described.

P.S. The GS-F nor the GS is going away.

Quick Reply: Possibility of Performance Mods for the new ES