ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 7ES owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-22, 12:32 AM
Prado
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Jimmybasco
Hello Everyone,
Just received my 2022 Lexus ES 350 ultra luxury , cloudburst grey, polomino interior, triple beam headlights, panoramic roof, ML stereo. This is my first new car in 15 years.. I still own my 2007 Lexus ES 350 I bought new in 2006 now with only 80,000 miles and in show room condition. I decide to splurge a little on this one. If I don't spend it someone else will. I ordered the car in mid November 2021 wasn't expecting it to arrive until March 2022. I almost walk away as I expect to pay full MSRP in this environment but almost all dealers are attaching add ons such as 3m film and Resistall paint protection on top of MSRP. In my case for an additional $1700. I was at peace walking away on principle but they eventually tthey ook off the mark ups..
At first,I was torn between the ES Hybrid and the ES 350. I fully itended on geting the hybrid and was not even considering the ES 350. I test drove the hybrid 3 times as I have never driven a hybrid before and thought the power was adequate enough for most driving conditions. My next vehicle will most definitely be a plug in hybrid or electric but I am not quite ready. I am double retired, military and civilian and rarely travel by car so the gas mileage savings was not enough for me. You cannot go wrong with either vehicle. Looking forward to doing my part to be a productive member of this forum.
congrats!..

good call on ES 350 .. it is one silky smooth engine.. it is part of being luxurious .... buying a hybrid is like having a Diet Coke....

be sure to share you experinces
Old 02-09-22, 03:15 AM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

JimmyBasco
I have the exact same car arriving late Feb or early March…. Veteran as well, our thinking on MPG and the amount of diving also the same…lol. I had them remove the 3M film etc…. I did opt for all the other options. I can’t wait….. I have seen the cloudburst grey up close and it’s beautiful. Congrats!!!

Last edited by Moorekx; 02-09-22 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-09-22, 03:22 AM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

This was meant to be a reply to GlamGlam:

As I mentioned in the private message : 1). This could be due to the ES line moving back to Japan or 2). They aren’t building them agin till the second quarter which puts the allocations coming out in April and with build dates of May. I’m new to all this Lexus lingo but my sales person walked me through what I was learning from the forums to get an understanding. Step 1 is get the allocation.

Last edited by Moorekx; 02-09-22 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-09-22, 10:59 AM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by glamglam
I don't mind waiting 6 to 8 weeks for the car. But I'm afraid that Lexus might wait for 2 or 3 or even 4 months before they decide to build the Ultra Luxury model again. That's what I'm worried about. I really WANT the Ultra Luxury model. I don't want or like anything else and I don't want to get the Premium Package E350. I only love all the features and options that the Ultra Luxury model offers. I'm hoping that Lexus will start building it later on this month by the end of February or in the beginning of March. I wish that there was a way to find out from Lexus what the current production plans are for this particular model and exactly when and in what time frame that they are planning to start production on it again and build it again.
glamglam, I totally understand what you are saying. It took 6 months to take delivery of my first 2009 Venza. The Lexus UL is in VERY high demand, it is not in Lexus best interest to hold back production for 2 to 4 months, Lexus would have Deallerships, not to mention shareholders, would be very angry at the potential lost of profit, competition is very intense with the German and Korean manufactures. Like yourself there are buyers who "really want" to own this vehicle and will not accept any substitute. GLAMGLAM, don't make yourself sick over hypotitical scenarios, it's not worth it. If it's going to make you feel better, start making phones calls, ask your dealer for names, telephone numbers and email address, speak to people who can help you get answers to your questions. If they dont know or there answer is not to your satisfaction, ask them who you can contact. In the meanwhile, hang tight, be patient and polite with the people you speak to. Take care glamglam!!

Last edited by CruiseGuy; 02-09-22 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-09-22, 09:23 PM
graybadge
Driver

Received 55 Likes on 17 Posts

... not feeling the love.
Old 02-10-22, 11:32 PM
Moorekx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by graybadge
... not feeling the love.
No one is feeling the love:
WASHINGTON, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said on Thursday it is suspending production through Saturday at its plants in Ontario and Kentucky due to supply issues stemming from trucking protests.The largest Japanese automaker said it is "experiencing multiple dropped logistics routes across the supply base, so it’s not isolated to only one or two parts at this point," after the protests snarled traffic between the United States and Canada.

Toyota's production of the RAV4, RAV4 hybrid, Camry, Avalon, Lexus RX and Lexus ES are currently impacted.
Old 02-11-22, 04:53 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Moorekx
WASHINGTON, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said on Thursday it is suspending production through Saturday at its plants in Ontario and Kentucky due to supply issues stemming from trucking protests.The largest Japanese automaker said it is "experiencing multiple dropped logistics routes across the supply base, so it’s not isolated to only one or two parts at this point," after the protests snarled traffic between the United States and Canada.

Toyota's production of the RAV4, RAV4 hybrid, Camry, Avalon, Lexus RX and Lexus ES are currently impacted.
If Toyota/Lexus is suspending production in Kentucky for 3 days until Saturday (which is until tomorrow), then it shouldn’t be that bad. Over 55% of the parts that are made for the Lexus ES350 Ultra Luxury model are made here inside the USA and 35% are from Japan. Also, the engine and the transmission for the ES350 are made in the USA. Not in Canada.

I don’t think that what’s going on up in Canada will affect the ES350 production as bad as it will affect production for the RX350 which is 100% built in Ontario, Canada. Production in Kentucky will resume and restart again this weekend or the latest by sometime next week. It’s the Lexus production up in Ontario, Canada where things can delay the availability of the RX350. The production of the ES350 doesn’t have the production problems that the RX350 has.

Last edited by glamglam; 02-11-22 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-11-22, 07:21 AM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Moorekx

If the truckers protest continues, the big grocery store chains will soon feel the impact. We will see food prices go up, let alone the auto industry.
Old 02-11-22, 07:28 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Originally Posted by CruiseGuy
If the truckers protest continues, the big grocery store chains will soon feel the impact. We will see food prices go up, let alone the auto industry.
Canadian bacon and maple syrup will go up. I cannot think of anything else that is made in Canada except for these 2 things and also some Ford, Chrysler automobiles and the Toyota Corolla and the Lexus RX350. That's it.
Old 02-11-22, 07:49 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

Canadian bacon and maple syrup will go up. I cannot think of anything else that is made in Canada except for these 2 things and also some Ford, Chrysler automobiles and the Toyota Corolla and the Lexus RX350. That's it.
You forgot the 2022 Lexus NX, which I suspect is one of the top selling Lexus models, which is supposed to be in the process of having production moved from Japan to Canada.
Old 02-11-22, 10:16 AM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

LOL!!!! REALLY THAT'S IT!! Bacon and maple syrup. GEEZ!! Let me give you a few small example GOOGLE says,

"" Approximately 21% of U.S. imports from Canada are vegetable products, a category that includes fresh vegetables and fruit, grains, and cut flowers. The U.S. imports plenty of tea from Canada, including from major brands like Davids Tea and the Metropolitan Tea Company. Wood products like timber, cork, wallpaper, and printed books account for 14% of U.S. imports from Canada.
Pasta, canned soup, and, yes, maple syrup, foodstuffs make up 11% of U.S. imports from Canada."
And this is only the tip of the iceberg. Canadians are already paying more for fruits and vegetables until these items are available locally.
Hope this helps

Old 02-11-22, 10:23 AM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
You forgot the 2022 Lexus NX, which I suspect is one of the top selling Lexus models, which is supposed to be in the process of having production moved from Japan to Canada.
The NX is still made in Japan until they set up shop in Cambridge with the Camry.
Old 02-11-22, 10:38 AM
glamglam
Instructor

The NX is still made in Japan until they set up shop in Cambridge with the Camry.
Where’s Cambridge? Is it located in Canada?
Old 02-11-22, 11:11 AM
CruiseGuy
Rookie

Where’s Cambridge? Is it located in Canada?
Cambridge is a city in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

TMMC North

Toyota Cambridge North Plant

Located in Cambridge, Ontario, North was retooled to build the Toyota RAV4 in 2019, becoming the 2nd TMMC plant to build this vehicle. North is also where we will build the Lexus NX starting in 2022

Old 02-11-22, 11:31 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Cambridge is a city in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

TMMC North

Toyota Cambridge North Plant

Located in Cambridge, Ontario, North was retooled to build the Toyota RAV4 in 2019, becoming the 2nd TMMC plant to build this vehicle. North is also where we will build the Lexus NX starting in 2022
Okay, thank you for clearing this up for me. We also have a Cambridge here in Massachusetts which is called Cambridge, Massachusetts. We don’t call it Cambridge though. We call it The People’s Republic Of Cambridge because all the radical left wing liberals and all the communists live there. It’s also where left wing liberal Harvard University and MIT is located too.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (02-11-22)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 7ES owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!