ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 7ES owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-19, 02:59 PM
CJH
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like mine, Blue Whale, but with premium package and larger wheels than regular base. Super nice car! I also drove a 2019 BMW M240i, for about 2 months. Never could get used to that bumpy ride, driving 120 miles back & forth to work every day. I think we made the right decision. Plus, the Nightfall Mica is a gorgeous color! Enjoy your new ES.
The following users liked this post:
BlueWhale (12-13-19)
Old 12-11-19, 02:06 PM
clqw
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by aldwatson
Had same issue with 19 ES 350 manufactured in 2018 we had dealer replace factory amp with amp manufactured late 2019 and fixed a little but still only 20% in rear. Frustrated I went to local radio shop and added sub and amps to correct. Stock speakers suck to no end but not going to start replacing yet. Sad results from Manufacturer to say the least but I have decent sound now $800 later. Ugh!!
What amp did your shop replace the stock with? And what do you mean by added a sub, u mean another subwoofer?
Old 12-13-19, 03:24 PM
Jc0808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner

Greetings,

I recently purchased a 2019 ES 350 UL, Black. While this is my first Lexus, I have been a longtime Toyota owner. I traded my 2106 Toyota Avalon Limited for the ES. I am very excited about the new Lexus and love the features and functions of the UL.

JC

Old 12-21-19, 11:34 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Officially an owner of 2020 ES350 FSPORT-- AS/Blk. Bought in Dallas and drove 250 mi home to Houston area. Nice luxury vehicle with some great Sporty features.
After driving a 2004 then a 2010 ES, didn't think I would go w another ES, been putting off purchasing GS350 for 2-3 yrs now. Glad I waited as this provides the perfect compliment of Luxury/Sport in a vehicle. Ended up w Nav option, no ML, came with door illuminations and added paint protection film. Glad to be back.
The following 2 users liked this post by JRey350hou:
Jc0808 (12-21-19), ThomasGS4 (12-21-19)
Old 12-21-19, 11:54 AM
Jc0808
Driver School Candidate

Where is your paint protection film located? Mine is only located on the hood. I am wondering if the paint protection can also be located on both sides of the grill.
JC
Old 12-21-19, 12:01 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

same here just hood and sm panels on side of front of hood. Nothing on bottom panels
Jc0808 (12-21-19)
Old 12-21-19, 12:03 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by Jc0808
Where is your paint protection film located? Mine is only located on the hood. I am wondering if the paint protection can also be located on both sides of the grill.
JC
The paint protection film can definitely be added to protect much more of the front end of the car.

For me, the minimum coverage I would want to protect against many types of damage would be the full hood, the full front bumper, the full front fenders, and the mirrors. Many also include the door handle cups, door edges, A pillars, and/or the front edge of the roof. A paint protection film package with such good coverage will not be cheap, but just covering (part of) the hood doesn't really offer much protection.
The following 2 users liked this post by lesz:
dklanecky1 (12-21-19), Jc0808 (12-21-19)
Old 12-21-19, 07:57 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
The paint protection film can definitely be added to protect much more of the front end of the car.

For me, the minimum coverage I would want to protect against many types of damage would be the full hood, the full front bumper, the full front fenders, and the mirrors. Many also include the door handle cups, door edges, A pillars, and/or the front edge of the roof. A paint protection film package with such good coverage will not be cheap, but just covering (part of) the hood doesn't really offer much protection.
As lesz described, ours includes the entire front clip, (hood, fenders, bumpers and even headlights), as well as the A pillars and the front of the roof up to the sunroof. Also included the door handle cups, door edges and front of the mirrors. Product is LLumar Platinum. Package was $1499 at the dealer and the dealer’s in-house shop did excellent work.
Old 12-22-19, 08:21 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz

We had ours done with at a local shop, since the dealer was way more expensive in their quote. The product we picked is from X-Pel, Ultimate, same coverage as described by Lesz, and the cost was $1,399 with a ten year warranty against any peeling, yellowing, etc. The stuff works really well.

https://carismacustoms.com/
Old 12-29-19, 06:51 AM
moondog100
Driver School Candidate

Hello all. Purchased a 2019 ES 300h base w/ Premium Package, Red ext., Blk Int. about a month ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the Premium Pkg has pretty much everything the Luxury edition has. Very happy with it! Granted, I was coming from a 2007 Saab 9-5, so the Lexus has all kinds of features I'd never had before. Still learning about all of them. The Saab had a similar issue with rear speakers but I was able to compensate by fading way to the back and bumped up the base a bit. Did the same with the Lexus and, though I'm no audiophile, it sounds really great to me.

Debating with myself whether to buy the paint protection film. Will certainly apply a ceramic coating but need to decide on the film before doing the ceramic. I did purchase the body side molding to protect the doors

Curious question: Wondering if using a steering wheel cover would impact the Lane Tracking feature, since it senses having a "firm grip on the steering wheel". Appreciate input.
Old 12-29-19, 08:58 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by moondog100
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the Premium Pkg has pretty much everything the Luxury edition has.
Debating with myself whether to buy the paint protection film.
Curious question: Wondering if using a steering wheel cover would impact the Lane Tracking feature, since it senses having a "firm grip on the steering wheel". Appreciate input.
In terms of things that really count, you are probably correct regarding the Premium Pkg. The Premium package has NuLuxe upholstery, but having had that on the last two Lexus cars I can say that is as good as the Luxury (leather) seat coverings, except it doesn't have that leather smell when new. The Luxury edition also has laminated driver and passenger windows which theoretically make it slightly quieter. Finally, the luxury version has the panoramic cameras. Our last ES was a Premium package car, plus blind spot monitoring and navigation. Our 2019 is a Luxury package car and to be honest, most of the difference that I sense is related to the fact that its a newer generation car rather than moving from a Premium to Luxury package.

As to your question regarding paint protection film, there is no question in my mind. It will help protect the front of your car from those inevitable rock chips you get on highways. I guess it really depends on how much you are willing to spend and how long you plan to keep the car. After having two Priuses back in the day, the first one without the film and the second one with film, I will never buy a new car again without it. It is really that good.

Finally, your question about a steering wheel cover is indeed curious. I can't imagine why you want to cover it, but that aside, I doubt it would be a problem. I don't think it is "touch" so much as "pressure" that it is monitoring. I am really speculating here so you may just have to try it to find out. If you live in a cold climate, I would expect it to reduce the temperature of the heated wheel.

Anyway, congrats on your new car. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
moondog100 (12-29-19)
Old 01-11-20, 10:13 AM
carsareus
Intermediate

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Had my 2020 ES350 UL Delivered this week. Only driven it 30 miles so far and it will remained garaged until Thursday when I drop it off to the detailers for Xpel Ultimate Plus Clear Bra, Ceramic Pro paint protection and Xpel Prime XR Plus window tint. Having this work done was more money than I though it would be but I think its worth it in the long run. So far I'm really liking the car. Both of my cars barely fit in my garage though. I need to clean it out more on one side and that should clear out some space.

ThomasGS4 (01-11-20)
Old 01-11-20, 11:51 AM
flanger
Driver School Candidate

ES 300h F-Sport owner of Belgium here. Daily commuter (+/- 140KM), quite pleased so far.

Old 01-13-20, 11:15 AM
emdcksn
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello, bought on 10/10/19, 2019 ES300h Ultra Luxury, Eminent White Pearl w/Flaxen Leather and Linear Espresso Wood Trim with all options except wireless charging.

I love everything about it. The ML speakers are great, but it says 17 speakers and I can only find 10 locations.

Last edited by emdcksn; 04-10-20 at 05:15 PM.
r1supersta (12-01-22)
Old 01-14-20, 12:48 AM
EastTNLex
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site....looks great.
emdcksn (04-10-20)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 7ES owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!