ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

ES2019 Heads up display how much more?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-18, 06:37 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Lexus did not "forget about him". As explained in a reply to a similar post somewhere else on CL, about a year and a half ago, Lexus made changes to the Enform Remote servers, but there were problems with the new servers, and the result was that, for many who had Enform Remote subscriptions, they were not able to use the Enform Remote app at all. Lexus then did a good-will adjustment and added an additional free year to the subscriptions of those who had subscriptions at the time.
Im glad I wasnt forgotten😁 The good news is Ill have it throughout this upcoming winter.
Old 10-27-18, 08:46 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
But you still have to "start" it so its really no different meaning you cant just drive away.
It's very different. After a remote start, Lexus shuts off the car completely when you open the door. Engine, electronics, everything off. GM leaves the car running when you open the door. Engine stays on, AC stays on. I like the GM method. If I was worried somebody would steal my car while it was running, I just wouldn't remote start it Plus, they'd still need the key to turn on the rest of the vehicle.

Maybe Lexus will get it figured out one day. They're slowly adjusting to the US market it seems. Apple CarPlay was a huge adjustment, maybe more will come.
Old 10-27-18, 10:12 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperMido
The HUD is a $500.00 standalone option if you were to custom order the car (a quick visit to the Lexus website configurator would've shown you that...)

But from what I have seen so far, it seems to be mostly included on the UL models. And not the lower trims.
There are plenty of hybrid luxury trims with HUD(here in the west coast). They seem to bundle the HUD with the panoramic view/rims/hands free trunk options.

Last edited by reposado2; 10-27-18 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-27-18, 11:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 95bat
It's very different. After a remote start, Lexus shuts off the car completely when you open the door. Engine, electronics, everything off. GM leaves the car running when you open the door. Engine stays on, AC stays on. I like the GM method. If I was worried somebody would steal my car while it was running, I just wouldn't remote start it Plus, they'd still need the key to turn on the rest of the vehicle.

Maybe Lexus will get it figured out one day. They're slowly adjusting to the US market it seems. Apple CarPlay was a huge adjustment, maybe more will come.
Ive owned both and that difference is negligible to me. Ill take Lexus reliability over GM and accept the inferior remote start process.
Old 10-27-18, 12:37 PM
95bat
Racer

Ive owned both and that difference is negligible to me. Ill take Lexus reliability over GM and accept the inferior remote start process.
Me too, which is why I have an ES coming to replace my Vette LOL I just don't care for the remote start. Lexus has the 'fast response' heater now so it might not even be needed in the winter anymore.
Old 10-27-18, 12:47 PM
mgauss7
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah well in Miami its 100F 10 for months. You get into your car and the wood wheel cannot be touched for minutes. The seats are boiling. Takes 5 full minutes to dissipate the heat. With windows open. I often jump into the car to turn it on and then come back to it later. But we have no snow or ice to hurt the car. Sometimes hurricanes total them. And the neighbors steal your gas.
Old 10-27-18, 01:00 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Can anyone who owns the 2019 ES model confirm that the remote start still shuts everything off when the door is opened?

I really hope they've gone away with this lame non-sense for the new generation...
The following users liked this post:
amcohen (11-02-18)
Old 10-27-18, 01:08 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Can anyone who owns the 2019 ES model confirm that the remote start still shuts everything off when the door is opened?

I really hope they've gone away with this lame non-sense for the new generation...
Hasn't changed since at least 2013... Sucks...

Old 10-27-18, 01:10 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Originally Posted by bc6152
Hasn't changed since at least 2013... Sucks...
I understand that, but this is an all new generation built from the ground up. Thats why I'm asking if it has changed or not.
Old 10-27-18, 01:34 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Me too, which is why I have an ES coming to replace my Vette LOL I just don't care for the remote start. Lexus has the 'fast response' heater now so it might not even be needed in the winter anymore.
Nice - which ES are you getting? We have an RX and Im looking to replace our current sedan with an ES soon. Leaning toward the FSprt but still on the fence.
Old 10-27-18, 03:03 PM
95bat
Racer

Nice - which ES are you getting? We have an RX and Im looking to replace our current sedan with an ES soon. Leaning toward the FSprt but still on the fence.
I test drove the Ultra Lux and the F Sport, went with the F Sport. I like the exterior changes a lot more, seats were more comfortable to me, and I love the gauges. If it only had more ***** I'd keep it forever lol But I know I'll crave speed and either get a 2nd car for myself or get rid of the ES in a few years for something else.... maybe by then the ES will have the twin turbo V6 and AWD and I'll get that!
Old 10-27-18, 03:34 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I test drove the Ultra Lux and the F Sport, went with the F Sport. I like the exterior changes a lot more, seats were more comfortable to me, and I love the gauges. If it only had more ***** I'd keep it forever lol But I know I'll crave speed and either get a 2nd car for myself or get rid of the ES in a few years for something else.... maybe by then the ES will have the twin turbo V6 and AWD and I'll get that!
Nice - I will likely go with the FSport as well as I like the exterior a bit more and also the gauges. Ill pass on the turbos though. No racing for me😁
Old 10-27-18, 05:03 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

I understand that, but this is an all new generation built from the ground up. Thats why I'm asking if it has changed or not.
No, hasn't changed. Open a door, or trunk lid and the engine quits and has to be restarted. So no change from generation 6 new ground up or not...
The following users liked this post:
amcohen (11-02-18)
Old 10-27-18, 05:06 PM
SuperMido
Driver

Originally Posted by bc6152
No, hasn't changed. Open a door, or trunk lid and the engine quits and has to be restarted. So no change from generation 6 new ground up or not...
Very sad...
Old 10-27-18, 05:29 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Very sad...
Yeah, I just don't get it. Other manufacturer's such as Acura (wife had one with RS) can do it so why not Toyota? I had an aftermarket system installed that worked with the factory smart key and it did the same thing...

Quick Reply: ES2019 Heads up display how much more?