ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Just bought a 2019 350 ES UL

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-19, 07:33 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by CJS57
Mike, I didn't tell dealers I was paying cash. I said I would decide how to finance after the deal. I agree of course cash is no incentive to a dealer. All the dealers around here have a ton of F Sports and a lot of Luxury models, but not UL's. Like 20 F's sometimes. I don't get it? Like everyone over estimated the demand? I drove one and they are very nice if you want the better handling etc.
Got it. Im not familiar with the UL as I was always seeking the FSport but I do recall in another thread someone saying how there was a shortage of ULs so I looked at the inventory of two large dealers around here, and they had many. Prestige Lexus and Lexus of Englewood. NJ. Check it out and perhaps you can fine one you're seeking. Good luck and Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-19, 07:36 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Just checked Prestige Lexus of Ramsey and they have TEN ULs in stock.
Old 01-01-19, 08:18 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,015 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Just checked Prestige Lexus of Ramsey and they have TEN ULs in stock.
As was the case a few weeks ago, I still don't understand this. I just checked the inventories of 5 of the largest volume Lexus dealers in the country. One of them did have 3 UL ES in their inventory. The other 4 each had 1 UL ES.

Do you know if the 10 UL ES that Prestige Lexus shows on its website are cars that they actually have at their dealership? Some dealers, on their websites, include, in addition to the cars that they actually have at their dealership, cars that are in their region and that they have access to via dealer trades. If this is not the case with Prestige Lexus, I have no idea how they could have so many UL cars when other dealers have so few.

Typically, the pictures of cars that dealers include on their websites are ones that they have taken themselves of the cars shortly after they have been delivered to their dealerships. I notice that the pictures that Prestige has on its website are just stock pictures of the cars, which is a hint that they could be including on their website cars that they have access to but that are not actually at their dealership.

Last edited by lesz; 01-01-19 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-01-19, 10:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lesz
As was the case a few weeks ago, I still don't understand this. I just checked the inventories of 5 of the largest volume Lexus dealers in the country. One of them did have 3 UL ES in their inventory. The other 4 each had 1 UL ES.

Do you know if the 10 UL ES that Prestige Lexus shows on its website are cars that they actually have at their dealership? Some dealers, on their websites, include, in addition to the cars that they actually have at their dealership, cars that are in their region and that they have access to via dealer trades. If this is not the case with Prestige Lexus, I have no idea how they could have so many UL cars when other dealers have so few.

Typically, the pictures of cars that dealers include on their websites are ones that they have taken themselves of the cars shortly after they have been delivered to their dealerships. I notice that the pictures that Prestige has on its website are just stock pictures of the cars, which is a hint that they could be including on their website cars that they have access to but that are not actually at their dealership.
That is their inventory as far as I know. I was comparing to what the sales guy was showing me thorugh his computer and it seemed to be in sync. They have a large lot onsite and then a larger storage area 10 miles away.
Old 01-01-19, 12:42 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

And Lexus of Englewood, another large dealer in Bergen County has 17 ULs in stock.
Old 01-01-19, 01:14 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,015 Likes on 693 Posts

It might be the case that, in the ordering process, the Lexus dealers have more control than I would have thought they had with regard to how many of each trim levels they can get and that the dealers in your area have anticipated a higher demand for the UL ES than have dealers in other parts of the country, but, if you check Lexus dealer inventories throughout the country, in the Southeast, South, West Coast, and Midwest, you will consistently find the UL ES in short supply and inventories that are swamped with the F-Sport and high numbers of Luxury ES. I suppose that it could also be the case that dealers in the New Jersey area overestimated demand for the UL ES, and dealers in other parts of the country overestimated demand for the F-Sport.
Old 01-01-19, 01:52 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

It might be the case that, in the ordering process, the Lexus dealers have more control than I would have thought they had with regard to how many of each trim levels they can get and that the dealers in your area have anticipated a higher demand for the UL ES than have dealers in other parts of the country, but, if you check Lexus dealer inventories throughout the country, in the Southeast, South, West Coast, and Midwest, you will consistently find the UL ES in short supply and inventories that are swamped with the F-Sport and high numbers of Luxury ES. I suppose that it could also be the case that dealers in the New Jersey area overestimated demand for the UL ES, and dealers in other parts of the country overestimated demand for the F-Sport.
Plenty of FSports at these NJ dealers as well. I would think the FSport would be the best seller but that's of course a biased thought. I do love the ride. Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-19, 04:37 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

mike how are you finding the f sport seats. are they comfy on long drives?
Old 01-01-19, 04:45 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
mike how are you finding the f sport seats. are they comfy on long drives?
Love them. Found them unbearable in the RX but these are much different. 150 mile trip last weekend was the first extended run and they are just perfect IMO.
Old 01-05-19, 10:58 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Les - while I was at Prestige Lexus this morning getting an oil change, I asked about their inventory and they confirmed all cars on their site are indeed theirs. The ones that show the dealership photos are merely the ones they have in the showroom. All others get the stock photos.