ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

So where do you all place your sunglasses? Holder options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-19, 09:22 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default So where do you all place your sunglasses? Holder options?

Any decent place to place your sunglasses? I currently put them in the cup holder which seems like a poor solution.

Wish the car had a sunglasses holder.
The following users liked this post:
ISingLow (03-23-23)
Old 01-09-19, 09:29 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

spring loaded clip on the sunvisor
Old 01-09-19, 10:36 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

I use the cup holder too. My reading glasses are clipped to the sun visor. Best car for storage that I ever had was a Mazda Millennia. That things had pockets and compartments everywhere.
Old 01-09-19, 10:45 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,286 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by reposado2
Any decent place to place your sunglasses? I currently put them in the cup holder which seems like a poor solution.

Wish the car had a sunglasses holder.
Between the lack of a sunglass compartment, non-folding mirrors, and a lousy remote start system, Lexus designers need to wake up... My salesman told me the top two complaints about the ES are the mirrors and the remote start system - and also being charged for the RS after a year...

patnic517 (10-15-20)
Old 01-09-19, 12:12 PM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Between the lack of a sunglass compartment, non-folding mirrors, and a lousy remote start system, Lexus designers need to wake up... My salesman told me the top two complaints about the ES are the mirrors and the remote start system - and also being charged for the RS after a year...
I never use the remote start but yes folding mirrors would be nice. It would also be real nice to have a physical A/C button instead of jumping through a series of menus to turn on/off the A/C. My OCD wont let me use auto.
Old 01-09-19, 02:12 PM
Car9
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
What problems are you having with remote start? I've used it a few times to start the car and had no problems. I also looked at status of car and vehicle finder with no problems. Maybe I'm just lucky for now?
Old 01-09-19, 02:19 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Car9
What problems are you having with remote start? I've used it a few times to start the car and had no problems. I also looked at status of car and vehicle finder with no problems. Maybe I'm just lucky for now?
Not to speak for anyone else, but the complaint that most people have about Lexus remote start is that it shuts off when you open the door.
Npahlavan (11-27-19)
Old 01-09-19, 02:19 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I use the compartment in between the front seats.
Old 01-09-19, 03:26 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Mine are in a case in the front door pocket. Remote start - works for us flawlessly on both cars attached to the app. Folding mirrors would be nice but really serve no purpose for me.
Old 01-09-19, 03:27 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDR76
Not to speak for anyone else, but the complaint that most people have about Lexus remote start is that it shuts off when you open the door.
That's true for all Toyota products. It is a safety consideration. Most of us remote start our cars for climate control. It really isn't that much of a hassle to push the button again once you get into the car.
Old 01-09-19, 07:07 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ
That's true for all Toyota products. It is a safety consideration. Most of us remote start our cars for climate control. It really isn't that much of a hassle to push the button again once you get into the car.
I agree it’s a Toyota thing but not that it’s a safety consideration. All of those other manufacturers out there that don’t shut off are not less safe or more easily stolen.
Old 01-10-19, 06:45 AM
SugarmillM
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76

I agree it’s a Toyota thing but not that it’s a safety consideration. All of those other manufacturers out there that don’t shut off are not less safe or more easily stolen.
I wish the Lexus engineers would make the car shut off automatically after 20 minutes of idling. The number of deaths from Carbon Monoxide poisoning (from vehicles with keyless ignition left running in garages) is climbing.
How many of you have accidentally left your Lexus running, for even a minute, without realizing it?
Old 01-10-19, 06:52 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by SugarmillM
I wish the Lexus engineers would make the car shut off automatically after 20 minutes of idling. The number of deaths from Carbon Monoxide poisoning (from vehicles with keyless ignition left running in garages) is climbing.
How many of you have accidentally left your Lexus running, for even a minute, without realizing it?
I have never done that. My wife, however, has gone shopping forgetting to turn her old car off. That had an actual key, though.
Old 01-10-19, 09:37 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike728
I have never done that. My wife, however, has gone shopping forgetting to turn her old car off. That had an actual key, though.
With the Lexus Enform remote, the engine automatically turns off after 10 minutes.
Old 01-10-19, 10:03 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Back to sunglasses. Here are two great storage solutions, both on the driver's door. see below. Not ideal, but it works. Top is the space you grab to close the door from inside. As you see, there is plenty of space for sunglasses and still room to grab. Then there is the storage bin further down the door. I am showing several pair in there.

reposado2 (01-10-19)

Quick Reply: So where do you all place your sunglasses? Holder options?