ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

What was your experience buying at Lexus dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-19, 06:06 PM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Car9
Why can't a customer get a better discount on a custom order compared to a car on the lot? The dealer is not having to pay insurance and other fees for the custom order because it won't sit on the lot for days or weeks or months.

If the dealership thinks they can't easily sell your custom order because you change your mind, they should be willing to deal with you. Because somebody messed up, you are having to wait longer to get the car. I would negotiate a deal like some of the other people got. Don't leave until they come down on the price. Because you special ordered it, they will think you really want it and are willing to pay whatever price they want. I think you have the advantage.
Because they want you to buy one of the cars on the lot that is driving up their costs.
Old 01-26-19, 09:26 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,535 Likes on 1,812 Posts

I think if you work at it, you can get similar discounts on special orders since the dealer will incur no financing fees so their margin has to still be better than a stock sale.
Old 01-26-19, 12:30 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I did a custom order in 2018, and I got a reasonable discount, before manufacturer incentives were applied.
Old 01-26-19, 02:22 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

I know I was extremely critical of the low-rent, Autonation show room environment at Lexus of Tampa Bay. But, one thing I did like is that the cars are not stored out in the sun. The dealership has two floors of parking garage above the show room. That was smart design.
Old 02-03-19, 02:27 AM
ZuerstBMW
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've leased 7 BMWs since 2006 and they always do the free maintenance so it was great. I not taking the car to Lexus if I have to pay for the service. If they want their car serviced by them, then it should be free. Even my Volvo XC90 lease has free service, so Ill take it to Volvo. Im not going to be inconvenienced and then have to pay for service. Ill just take to a place where I can just stay in the car and be done in 10 minutes. My experience at Lexus of Winter Park was not great. I will will not take my car their for service. Also why do they require a 6 month service when these cars dont need to be service for 10k or 1 year. Then they drive your car for a test drive for what? I dont want anyone driving my car for no reason.
Old 02-03-19, 04:19 AM
alruner
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

[Q7My experience at Lexus of Winter Park was not great. I will will not take my car their for service.

I had a similar experience with Lexus of Winter Park.. The whole "atmosphere" has changed at that
dealership. I bought my fourth Lexus from them last August and they seem to have lost their
commitment to customer appreciation. Just not as helpful, friendly and willing to go that little extra
to please the customer. Does anyone know if they had a change of ownership. ?

Al
Old 02-03-19, 12:26 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

When you lease, I understand why you couldnt care less who services the car.
Old 02-03-19, 12:34 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
When you lease, I understand why you couldnt care less who services the car.
I wish I could have leased. The problem is I drive 18,000 miles a year with over 15,000 miles a year being commute.
Old 02-03-19, 12:36 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jimv1983
I wish I could have leased. The problem is I drive 18,000 miles a year with over 15,000 miles a year being commute.
I was referring to the post who leases BMWs etc. I never changed the oil on a car I rented from Avis.
Old 02-03-19, 05:22 PM
ZuerstBMW
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alruner
[Q7My experience at Lexus of Winter Park was not great. I will will not take my car their for service.

I had a similar experience with Lexus of Winter Park.. The whole "atmosphere" has changed at that
dealership. I bought my fourth Lexus from them last August and they seem to have lost their
commitment to customer appreciation. Just not as helpful, friendly and willing to go that little extra

Al
I believe its the same owners and now they own the other one off I4 Lexus of Orlando.
Old 02-05-19, 07:56 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by alruner

Al
Ask for Wayne Kerr or Caitlin Pope as your service adviser. They are both very good and go out of their way to take care of you. I had been going there since 2006 and just switched to their new location near I4 in Orlando as its much closer for me.
Old 02-06-19, 06:50 PM
teacher61
Driver School Candidate

I strictly did my negotiating through email. I pitted 3 dealerships against each other. When 1 dealer lowered their price the others would match. I finally went with Shreveport dealership. Drove 2 hours there, test drove it, and signed papers in under an hour. Started with MSRP price of $46,870 and walked out at $42,790 including everything except taxes. This was a 2019 ES350 FSport. They didn’t have the black interior that I wanted so they drove to Dallas to pick it up and delivered it to my house. They offered free car washes for life but since I don’t live there I asked if they would tint my windows instead and they did.
Old 02-07-19, 05:40 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by teacher61
I strictly did my negotiating through email. I pitted 3 dealerships against each other. When 1 dealer lowered their price the others would match. I finally went with Shreveport dealership. Drove 2 hours there, test drove it, and signed papers in under an hour. Started with MSRP price of $46,870 and walked out at $42,790 including everything except taxes. This was a 2019 ES350 FSport. They didn’t have the black interior that I wanted so they drove to Dallas to pick it up and delivered it to my house. They offered free car washes for life but since I don’t live there I asked if they would tint my windows instead and they did.
How is an FSport under $47K MSRP??
Old 02-07-19, 06:44 AM
teacher61
Driver School Candidate

I see them all over the place.
Old 02-07-19, 07:06 AM
teacher61
Driver School Candidate

I started out llooking at different dealership website inventories. I didn’t want any of the options. That’s what piles on to the price. Mine is cavier black on the exterior and black interior. I think the only option in mine was the $75 wireless charger. Even if they don’t have the car you want they can give you a price and find it for you. Shreveport didn’t have the exact car in their inventory and wanted me to put down $500 and be obligated to buy it when they brought one to Shreveport I had not even seen the 2019 model in person and not driven one so I wasn’t going to do that. I went and test drove the FSport they had and signed the papers. They then went to Dallas and got the car and and delivered to me. Ironically, Dallas was the dealership that had the lowestI price and Shreveport matched it. I live 2 hours from Shreveport. When it comes to servicing the vehicle they will bring me a loaner and pick up my car. I did buy the extended warranty because I keep my cars a long time. I just sold my Toyota Avalon after having it 11 years.

Quick Reply: What was your experience buying at Lexus dealer