ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES350 Best prices paid so far?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-19, 03:16 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidZ
I disagree. Why aren't there any ES 350 Base, Luxury or Ultra Luxury in this thread showing a discount of more than 12% to 13%? Surely there are many more of these sold than F-Sports or 300h's.

Car dealers price cars based on what the market will bear. If a car is very hot, it may go for MSRP or even more.
If the ES sold only as many units as there are posts in this thread, then Lexus would have a problem. I think if you believe the ES is worth MSRP or even more, fine. However its not the reality of the market, especially not at the MY end, where the MY20s will be inbound in a month, and over 4000 ES350s exist in dealer inventory.

ES is not the new supra.
Old 08-21-19, 05:23 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
If the ES sold only as many units as there are posts in this thread, then Lexus would have a problem. I think if you believe the ES is worth MSRP or even more, fine. However its not the reality of the market, especially not at the MY end, where the MY20s will be inbound in a month, and over 4000 ES350s exist in dealer inventory.

ES is not the new supra.
100% spot on. Varying discounts are merely a function of different dealers.
Old 08-21-19, 05:45 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber

ES is not the new supra.
My concern is that you're giving the people reading this board unrealistic expectations of the discounts available on the ES 350 Base, Luxury and Ultra Luxury.

But whether you're right or I'm right is irrelevant. The bottom line is that the way to get the best price is to set up a competitive bidding between at least 2 dealers until all but one of them say "uncle." That's when you know you've gotten the best price.
Old 08-21-19, 07:50 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidZ
My concern is that you're giving the people reading this board unrealistic expectations of the discounts available on the ES 350 Base, Luxury and Ultra Luxury.

But whether you're right or I'm right is irrelevant. The bottom line is that the way to get the best price is to set up a competitive bidding between at least 2 dealers until all but one of them say "uncle." That's when you know you've gotten the best price.
As someone else mentioned above, the best numbers are the ones you can get when you sign. The numbers I mentioned are from dealers, but just dont expect them to be handed it to you on the first quote from the first dealer in a gift basket. It takes patience and understanding that the only person whose looking out for your wallet is you, not the guy or gal in a suit sitting across from you with a Lexus badge.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (08-22-19)
Old 08-22-19, 07:59 AM
energy88
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also note that if one looks back to the beginning of this thread, the discounts have built up over time to the current levels. For example, the first two reported F-Sport sales (January 2019) were discounted 8%, and 10%, respectively. Now there is a large inventory of them and 16% off is not unrealistic. Be firm with the dealer.
Old 08-22-19, 11:43 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by energy88
Also note that if one looks back to the beginning of this thread, the discounts have built up over time to the current levels. For example, the first two reported F-Sport sales (January 2019) were discounted 8%, and 10%, respectively. Now there is a large inventory of them and 16% off is not unrealistic. Be firm with the dealer.
Of course - 19s are essentially leftovers at this point.
Old 08-23-19, 02:22 PM
mgala
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Trying to work with a couple of dealers here in North East and I am able to get 14% off of MSRP (including the $2250 Dealer rebate) if I pay cash on an ES 300h. But I go back to 8% if I use the 1.9% finance option. Has anyone else been able to get double digit % off of the MSRP if you finance? Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 08-23-19, 07:32 PM
patnic517
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure if this helps, since I'm looking at 350s, but I'll share what I have so far. And please note the rebate for the 350s is $2250. And this is with cash, no Lexus finance.

MSRP $52,087 - otd $45067 - sorry, I don't have a exact price breakdown on that, but taxes are 6.5% and doc 244

MSRP $45,217, otd 40,407 - that's 11.6% dealer discount ($5,217), then the $2,250, then the taxes of 6.5% and doc 244.

I started talking to one dealer about a month ago. He started at 9% off MSRP. Then went to a few other dealers by phone or email. They all upped it to 10%. Original dealer and another dealer are both up to 11%. The above numbers are 11.6%. I'm not jumping until the end of this sale or I might wait till December.

In this thread, I asked for some help from two people and they posted some tips, I've used them. Good luck
Old 08-23-19, 10:03 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patnic517
Not sure if this helps, since I'm looking at 350s, but I'll share what I have so far. And please note the rebate for the 350s is $2250. And this is with cash, no Lexus finance.

MSRP $52,087 - otd $45067 - sorry, I don't have a exact price breakdown on that, but taxes are 6.5% and doc 244

MSRP $45,217, otd 40,407 - that's 11.6% dealer discount ($5,217), then the $2,250, then the taxes of 6.5% and doc 244.

I started talking to one dealer about a month ago. He started at 9% off MSRP. Then went to a few other dealers by phone or email. They all upped it to 10%. Original dealer and another dealer are both up to 11%. The above numbers are 11.6%. I'm not jumping until the end of this sale or I might wait till December.

In this thread, I asked for some help from two people and they posted some tips, I've used them. Good luck
The dealers that upped their discounts did you had to email them again and let them know you got a better deal from another dealer? What sort of negotiating tactics did you use among the dealers to get them to better their offers? They you offer any particular discount off you wanted and they countered back?
Old 08-24-19, 07:22 AM
patnic517
Driver

Originally Posted by mrtrance
The dealers that upped their discounts did you had to email them again and let them know you got a better deal from another dealer? What sort of negotiating tactics did you use among the dealers to get them to better their offers? They you offer any particular discount off you wanted and they countered back?
After I got my initial quote, I called around to some and hit the "internet price" price on others. I told them up front I had 9% (one guy didn't want to know to be "fair") and they all came up with 10% plus rebate. I've got one guy that wants to beat my original dealership, so he and I have been texting. So he went up to 11% and then my original dealer matched it (which I was like who cares). I only told my original guy what I was looking for and I said 15% off plus rebate. He scoffed. I just put the dealers quotes against each other and they usually make the move it they want it. Next week, is when I'm gonna contact them all again and tell them "I'm buying a car tomorrow, what's your best."
Old 08-24-19, 08:07 AM
energy88
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by patnic517
I just put the dealers quotes against each other and they usually make the move it they want it. Next week, is when I'm gonna contact them all again and tell them "I'm buying a car tomorrow, what's your best."
This coming Friday is the last day of the month and lots of dealers will be seeking to make August sales targets. You will likely get your best deal between Wednesday and COB Friday. I would go with the dealer who is the first to meet your desired target. Somebody else may come along at the 11th hour, but their offer will probably not be significantly better than the first acceptable offer you have in hand. Although at that point you may be leaving some money on the table, I wouldn't worry about that. It would be nice if your local dealer is the one who makes the sale.

Good hunting! And let us know how it comes out.
Old 08-24-19, 01:24 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This coming Friday is the last day of the month and lots of dealers will be seeking to make August sales targets. You will likely get your best deal between Wednesday and COB Friday. I would go with the dealer who is the first to meet your desired target. Somebody else may come along at the 11th hour, but their offer will probably not be significantly better than the first acceptable offer you have in hand. Although at that point you may be leaving some money on the table, I wouldn't worry about that. It would be nice if your local dealer is the one who makes the sale.

Just a correction. The last day of the month is Saturday since August has 31 days. Ya I'm in the same boat right now. Current lease is ending end of this month and I've begun asking for quotes this weekend and trying to finalize something by this coming week. I too am hoping the dealers will get more aggressive by late in the week and early next weekend. So far best quote has a been 12.8% discount off MSRP before rebate on a 2019 ES350 Luxury. Other quotes range between 10%-12% off MSRP. I'm trying to get other dealers to come up on their discounts to match the best one I've got so far.
Old 08-24-19, 01:26 PM
mgala
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Does the 11% include $2250 Lexus rebate? Was there any $1000 college grad or Military rebated included? Are you looking to pay cash or get 0.9% financing?
Old 08-24-19, 02:31 PM
patnic517
Driver

Thank you! I will post!
Old 08-24-19, 02:36 PM
patnic517
Driver

Originally Posted by mrtrance
Just a correction. The last day of the month is Saturday since August has 31 days. Ya I'm in the same boat right now. Current lease is ending end of this month and I've begun asking for quotes this weekend and trying to finalize something by this coming week. I too am hoping the dealers will get more aggressive by late in the week and early next weekend. So far best quote has a been 12.8% discount off MSRP before rebate on a 2019 ES350 Luxury. Other quotes range between 10%-12% off MSRP. I'm trying to get other dealers to come up on their discounts to match the best one I've got so far.
Thank you for posting. I'm in the Midwest, I wonder how much difference there is between regions? I'm still 11.6% off msrp plus the additional rebate. If you have the time, can you keep me or this thread up to date on your quotes? I'm still working on my deals.

Last edited by patnic517; 08-24-19 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 ES350 Best prices paid so far?