ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES350 Best prices paid so far?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-19, 01:11 AM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by NoeV

Had two offers today for a 2019 300h. Took the first since we didn’t really care about the extra features in the higher MSRP price. Thank you to posters here, particularly #22 for giving us goals.

offer 1 - purchased

Date Purchased (Month, Day, Year): March 17, 2019

Location(State): Nor Cal - Bay Area

Trim (Luxury, UL, Fsport,....etc.): base + premium

MSRP: 48,370

Selling price before Tax Title License (TTL): 40,700 (15.9% off MSRP)

Rebates (included in selling price): 1,000 cash

offer 2- declined

Date Purchased (Month, Day, Year): March 17, 2019 (date of offer)
Location(State): Nor Cal - Bay Area
Trim (Luxury, UL, Fsport,....etc.): base + premium
MSRP: $49,423 (16.4% off MSRP)
Selling price before Tax Title License (TTL): 41,300
Rebates (included in selling price): $1,000 cash
Originally Posted by mikemu30
16% off is amazing. I should have waited a few months
Originally Posted by coolsaber
Congrats. As predicted. End of March is the race to finish. Best deals to be had, and they will dry up until the summer end of year of sales
Originally Posted by july1988
Dumb question but how you approach the dealer (who to talk to, should I come in or call or email etc.) to get that 15% discount, I am kind of guy that is very straight, I am thinking go there or call them and ask if I can have 15% of MSRP, but I dont think it will work lol. My area has 5-6 lexus dearlers within 50 miles

Thanks all!
Originally Posted by mikemu30
Find the one you want and make an offer. Simple as that. Be prepared to arm wrestle a bit - you have muscles?
Originally Posted by wasjr
You are lucky to have so many dealers in your area to generate competition. I would go on the Lexus website and build what you want. Then email each of the dealers asking for their best price on that configuration. Then take the two lowest and negotiate further. Don't fall in love with one configuration, as it may not be available.
I felt similar to you - the best I could do being very straight was 14.2% off. I even previously told the dealer I ended up buying from that I'd sign the deal today at $41k and he stood firm at $41,500. It wasn't until I had a better offer with higher MSRP discount that I was able to go back to that dealer and get him to come down to $40,700 (bet he wishes he would have taken the $41k now, ha!).

So all in all my advice is to

Put out feelers on car configurations you are interested in with internet salespeople at dealers in your area. I just used the "purchase inquiry" button on the Lexus dealer's website that appears when you are looking at a specific car.
You'll start to get a feel for who is willing to play ball based on their responses and offers. Go to those places in person and negotiate. I only had to do this once, I chose the dealer that gave me a solid offer over email but requested we come in to strike a better deal - which is when I got the 16.4% off offer.
Keep multiple dealers in play, and you can leverage an offer at one dealer against another if you need to - although better to buy from the dealer who was willing to work with you first as long as they have the car configuration you want!
Good luck! We only spent about a week doing this, so it wasn't too bad. Only went in person to two dealers in the area.
Thanks everyone, I just got my F Sport today, MSRP 52,489, bought price (before any taxes and fees): 44,000 (16% discount from MSRP), location: Atlanta, GA area.

Last edited by july1988; 03-31-19 at 01:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
coolsaber (03-31-19)
Old 03-31-19, 07:33 AM
LexusGuy01
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow. That is a Great Deal. I can have that deal here in Houston TX. But thank you for your quote. I will use this quote for my reference to deal with the saleman.
Old 03-31-19, 09:52 AM
4x4tx
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=LexusGuy01;10479902]Wow. That is a Great Deal. I can have that deal here in Houston TX. But thank you for your quote. I will use this quote for my reference to deal with the saleman.[/QUOTE

Lets work together in Houston....send me a PM and lets find which dealer in houston will make a deal
Old 04-02-19, 04:18 PM
NoeV
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by july1988
Thanks everyone, I just got my F Sport today, MSRP 52,489, bought price (before any taxes and fees): 44,000 (16% discount from MSRP), location: Atlanta, GA area.
congrats!!
Old 04-03-19, 01:03 PM
sshh76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
when would be next nice promotion offer on ES 300h? I was looking into IS 300 but after test drive the IS and talking to friend. Now decided to get the ES 300h.
The end of the march ES has the 1.9% APR and 1000 cash back, i didn't jump on it cause, i was still thinking of which Lexus to get.
Now that settle on the ES, just wanted to see when I should make a move. I am not really need to get a new vehicle right now but i can wait till have good promotion.
Any advice?

Thx
Old 04-03-19, 02:31 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by sshh76
Hi Guys,
when would be next nice promotion offer on ES 300h? I was looking into IS 300 but after test drive the IS and talking to friend. Now decided to get the ES 300h.
The end of the march ES has the 1.9% APR and 1000 cash back, i didn't jump on it cause, i was still thinking of which Lexus to get.
Now that settle on the ES, just wanted to see when I should make a move. I am not really need to get a new vehicle right now but i can wait till have good promotion.
Any advice?

Thx
Typically, rebates on various Lexus models can be expected to remain at or close to their current levels through the spring and into the middle of the summer. In late July and early August, rebates generally get bigger, and the rebates and unadvertised incentives to dealers will peak in late November and into December.

With the 2019 ES being the first year of a new generation, I'm not certain that the typical pattern will follow, but, so far, sales numbers for the 2019 ES have only been slightly above those for the 2018 ES in the last year of the Generation 6 ES run, and they have been well-below those for the first year of the Generation 6 ES.

So, with low sales numbers for the ES (and other sedans), I would not be surprised to see bigger rebates and other incentives from mid summer through the end of the model year.

Another factor to consider, though, is that, even though you may be able to save some money by waiting until later in the model year, as we approach the end of the model year, the value of any car that you might be trading in will also be going down from where it is at this point in the year. So, a good portion of what you might save on the purchase price of the new car can be lost because of the reduced value of your trade-in.
The following users liked this post:
sshh76 (04-03-19)
Old 04-03-19, 03:10 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Had two offers today for a 2019 300h. Took the first since we didn’t really care about the extra features in the higher MSRP price. Thank you to posters here, particularly #22 for giving us goals.

offer 1 - purchased
  • Date Purchased (Month, Day, Year): March 17, 2019
    • Location(State): Nor Cal - Bay Area
      • Trim (Luxury, UL, Fsport,....etc.): base + premium
        • MSRP: 48,370
          • Selling price before Tax Title License (TTL): 40,700 (15.9% off MSRP)
            • Rebates (included in selling price): 1,000 cash

offer 2- declined
  • Date Purchased (Month, Day, Year): March 17, 2019 (date of offer)
  • Location(State): Nor Cal - Bay Area
  • Trim (Luxury, UL, Fsport,....etc.): base + premium
  • MSRP: $49,423 (16.4% off MSRP)
  • Selling price before Tax Title License (TTL): 41,300
  • Rebates (included in selling price): $1,000 cash
What dealer?
Old 04-03-19, 03:47 PM
sshh76
Driver School Candidate

Now I am looking at the ES 300h 2019 on most of the dealer inventory, i don't see they have the MARK LEVINSON AUDIO in stock.
Is that something that Lexus didn't make for dealer? have to make there order.
As of now, might item i would like to have on ES 300h NAV with MARK LEVINSON AUDIO system.

Anyone has the advice on this?

Thx
Old 04-04-19, 08:53 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Now I am looking at the ES 300h 2019 on most of the dealer inventory, i don't see they have the MARK LEVINSON AUDIO in stock.
Is that something that Lexus didn't make for dealer? have to make there order.
As of now, might item i would like to have on ES 300h NAV with MARK LEVINSON AUDIO system.

Anyone has the advice on this?

Thx
You mean you want the ML audio WITHOUT NAV?
Old 04-04-19, 09:31 AM
sshh76
Driver School Candidate

@mikemu30 nope,, i want the NAV with ML audio. Checked with dealer, they informed that ES 300h with ML audio system only available with ULTRA LUX model. Also, kind of limited and color choice also might limited. So, now i have to decided get the ES 300h Luxury or get the ES 305 model that has ML audio.
Old 04-04-19, 09:33 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

I would double check that with another dealer if possible.
Old 04-04-19, 01:19 PM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

I want the NAV with ML audio. Checked with dealer, they informed that ES 300h with ML audio system only available with ULTRA LUX model. Also, kind of limited and color choice also might limited. So, now i have to decided get the ES 300h Luxury or get the ES 305 model that has ML audio.
Seems available on Lexus site
Old 04-04-19, 02:26 PM
sshh76
Driver School Candidate

Yes.. Lee,,, i saw it on lexus site, but when you try to look for the dealer inventory i don't see anyone of those dealers has it. I am in SolCA.
Old 04-04-19, 03:17 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Yes.. Lee,,, i saw it on lexus site, but when you try to look for the dealer inventory i don't see anyone of those dealers has it. I am in SolCA.
The point I think here is that Lexus.com and dealers both tend to disagree on whats what. This maybe just an oversight or sometime just a ploy to get you to take what they can sell reliably. The other side here is, you could order a vehicle to your spec, but expect pushback in any which way since as you found out, its not a popular spec.
Old 04-05-19, 03:22 PM
MSterling
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

sshh76 , I would suggest you find the largest volume dealer within 100 miles of you send it to that dealer. You might have a better shot at getting it ordered.

Quick Reply: 2019 ES350 Best prices paid so far?