ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Oil changes - every 10,000 miles? Even the first??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-23, 12:36 PM
carsareus
Intermediate

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
CC Nut is a paid You Tuber. He also did a Toyota engine rebuild that he screwed up. He then made a follow up vid saying "what we learned" and had to completely redo and fix the entire motor fix again. lol!

Big Deal! Show me a mechanic who has never made a mistake! So, we are all supposed to only listen to YOUR opinions because you are an EXPERT! You are an unknown person behind a keyboard! I would say MOST Youtubers are paid but that doesn't mean they aren't credible or right! Honestly your logic makes no sense!
Old 10-10-23, 01:14 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 555 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwings
Do you have a link for the Warranty and Services Guide? I can't find it anywhere on-line, even when I create a lexus account.
Since I don't know the model year and model type of your ES, I can't provide a direct link to the pdf Warranty and Services Guide specific to your ES.

That said, you can find a pdf copy of the appropriate for your (US sold) ES on the My Lexus - Service - WARRANTY & RECALLS web page. Unless you've previously visited a "My Lexus" associated web site page, you'll initially see a "SELECT A VEHICLE FOR A MORE CUSTOMIZED EXPERIENCE" with a downward pointing caret. Click on that caret and it'll expand to a "SELECT A VEHICLE" input area. Input the model year and model type into the "SELECT A VEHICLE" and "SELECT A YEAR" dropdown menu selectors. (You must select a vehicle before the year selector menu gets populated with year numbers valid for the selected vehicle.) Once you've selected the vehicle and year click the "SUBMIT" button so the web page is updated with links to the appropriate documents for the selected vehicle and year.

In the "WARRANTY AND SERVICES GUIDE" section of that web page in the "PDF DOWNLOAD" subsection you'll see the "No results found for Warranty and Services Guide" text change to live pdf download links with titles like, for example, "2020 TOYOTA AND LEXUS TIRE WARRANTY GUIDE" and "LEXUS 2020 ES350 WARRANTY AND SERVICES GUIDE". The year, "2020", and vehicle, "ES350", parts of the example titles will be filled in to reflect the values of your selected vehicle.

You can also find that web page for downloading the Warranty and Services Guide from the My Lexus - Resources web page. After selecting a vehicle (or "SELECT A DIFFERENT VEHICLE" as the case may be) as detailed above to update the web page links to the vehicle appropriate resources, you find links to all the manuals (e.g., owner's, navigation, etc.) for the selected vehicle in the "XXXX MANUAL" section, scrolling down some to the "WARRANTY INFORMATION" section and clicking on the "LEARN MORE" button will take you to the "WARRANTIES & RECALLS" web page linked above with the selected vehicle linkage carrying over, and next to the "WARRANTY INFORMATION" section the "LEXUS PERSONALIZED SETTINGS" section there's a "VIEW PDF" button when clicked will give you a pdf copy of "LEXUS PERSONALIZED SETTINGS" specific to the selected vehicle organized into "Programmable by Guest" (owner/driver) and "Programmable by Dealer" sections. (Some model year versions don't have the explicit "Programmable by Guest" on that section.) (For some reason at the time of this posting the 2019 ES 350 LEXUS PERSONALIZED SETTINGS pdf download link is broken.)
The following users liked this post:
BBQapple (10-12-23)
Old 10-10-23, 02:22 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,150 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by carsareus
Big Deal! Show me a mechanic who has never made a mistake! So, we are all supposed to only listen to YOUR opinions because you are an EXPERT! You are an unknown person behind a keyboard! I would say MOST Youtubers are paid but that doesn't mean they aren't credible or right! Honestly your logic makes no sense!
Have you been drinking. When did I say only listen to me. Hilarious someone would listen to a marketer wanting clicks over the people that manufactured your vehicle. You trust who ever you want andI I will express my opinion. No one on this forum is an expert that is why I trust Lexus and Mobil over you or anyone on this forum when it comes to this subject. Take a chill pill
Old 10-10-23, 02:35 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,150 Likes on 744 Posts

There is always somebody like you in the crowd! My guess you have never even watched any of his videos! He has repaired MANY Toyotas with oil consumption issues, and they are always related to people not changing their oil often enough! You want to continue changing your oil at the factory recommended intervals then be my guest. People LIKE YOU are why people are hesitant to post messages in public forums. We always have known it all's who think they know everything and are fast to criticize others for their ideas and other information that might be helpful to others!
​Reread my post. People like me who trust the manufacturer of my vehicle over a marketing YouTuber is why people don't post here. Mature up put your big boy pants on. I know nothing about oil change intervals and neither do you that is why I go by what Lexus says. Sad you can not take someone else's comment without getting snarky. Grow up. You know what they say when you assume. I've watched many of his videos and that is why I say he's a joke. MY OPINION

Last edited by Freds430; 10-10-23 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-10-23, 03:37 PM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
Since I don't know the model year and model type of your ES, I can't provide a direct link to the pdf Warranty and Services Guide specific to your ES.
Thank you for the extremely detailed directions! I found the document thanks to your post!
Old 10-10-23, 04:24 PM
tolian21
Advanced

Received 192 Likes on 134 Posts

Severe service is 5k, its in the manual.
Old 10-11-23, 12:18 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,033 Likes on 768 Posts

CC Nut is a paid You Tuber. He also did a Toyota engine rebuild that he screwed up. He then made a follow up vid saying "what we learned" and had to completely redo and fix the entire motor fix again. lol!

I watched every single video but I cannot remember which one was about the engine he screwed up. Can you share it with me?
Old 10-11-23, 06:05 AM
hotwings
Intermediate

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LS500Fan
It's not that straightforward. Just because someone only drives only 2,000 miles per year doesn't automatically mean there is a "big amount of raw fuel" in the oil. The fuel gets burned off if you drive for at least 30-60 minutes on the highway. It's only an issue if you do loads of short trips with no longer drives. I did some oil analysis years ago under both scenarios and I can confirm even going for one long drive before the oil change makes a difference in lowering the fuel amount in the oil. Now that I'm thinking about it I should try to see if I still have the paper in a folder somewhere.
Project Farm agrees with you. He performed testing on engine oil with low miles and an OCI of >>12 Months. His concusion was as long as you allow the engine to fully warm up at least once a month, 12 month changes are fine.

I've been doing exactly this on a 25 year old Avalon with the known engine sludging problem and its still running strong not burning oil.

Old 10-12-23, 07:50 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,107 Posts

So the 1st thing here is you should go read back what I posted and comprehend.

1. CC Nut is a Paid You Tuber.
2. It was not my opinion, it was CC Nut who produced the vid and what he said.
3. I never said I was a expert.

I just posted, what are all Facts Not opinion.

You said my logic makes no sense???? You really tried to spin that one huh? lol!
Marc780 (12-02-23)
Old 10-12-23, 08:32 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,001 Likes on 2,523 Posts

1. CC Nut is a Paid You Tuber.
I get paid to repair vehicles that means everything I say is not valid.
The following 3 users liked this post by LeX2K:
Denzlex (10-12-23), Marc780 (12-02-23), scubapr (10-12-23)
Old 10-12-23, 08:34 AM
tolian21
Advanced

Most people that have researched this topic came to conclusion that blanket 10k oil change interval is not a one size fits all solution, many factors at play here. For those that refuse to analyze information, there is nothing else to say that will change their mind, they can continue with their habits of trusting manufacture and other habits
The following 4 users liked this post by tolian21:
jgscott (10-12-23), LexFinally (10-14-23), Marc780 (12-02-23), scubapr (10-12-23)
Old 10-12-23, 09:48 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,553 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by tolian21
Most people that have researched this topic came to conclusion that blanket 10k oil change interval is not a one size fits all solution, many factors at play here. For those that refuse to analyze information, there is nothing else to say that will change their mind, they can continue with their habits of trusting manufacture and other habits
Agreed - everyone is arguing here and nobody is going to convince the other side that their way is proven to be better.
scubapr (10-12-23)
Old 10-12-23, 04:30 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts

Manufacturer's owners manual clearly specifies 5k or 10k oil changes based on vehicle operating conditions (see image below). So if anyone has the money and want to change the oil every 3, 4, or 12 times a year go ahead and be happy! IMHO I don't think going more frequently that 5k has any additional benefit, but also should not have any negative impact other than be performed incorrectly. Nevertheless, I do think Special Operating Conditions can apply to a wide range of owners. So if in doubt, why not....

I plan to perform the first oil change between 500-1k and then every 6M/5k based on my vehicle operating conditions. And unless someone presents irrefutable evidence of the contrary, I don't plan to change my mind.

I had a 2000' 6th Gen Accord and oil changes were basically every 3M/3k; and with over 300k miles, the engine never had any issue or oil sipping. I performed a BlackStone oil analysis at 240k and everything was good. Could I have done the maintenance every 7.5k according to the manual? Sure! But I know a lot of people who did them at 7k and at 150-200k and the majority had oil sipping or some engine problems. They ignored the fine print of "Special Operating Conditions" 3M/3k.

The following 2 users liked this post by scubapr:
Denzlex (10-12-23), tolian21 (10-12-23)
Old 10-12-23, 05:21 PM
tolian21
Advanced

A lot of people think their driving falls into “normal” category, but often times they are wrong.
The following 3 users liked this post by tolian21:
jgscott (10-12-23), LexFinally (10-14-23), scubapr (10-12-23)
Old 10-12-23, 05:41 PM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 482 Likes on 301 Posts

These threads always end the same. No matter how much objective data is presented people will argue with emotion. This topic is beating a dead horse, every single time. Your car, do what you want with it.
The following 3 users liked this post by dezymond:
LeX2K (10-15-23), mikemu30 (10-13-23), scubapr (10-12-23)

Quick Reply: Oil changes - every 10,000 miles? Even the first??