wierd Carplay issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-19, 04:58 AM
ES63
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default wierd Carplay issue

Has anybody experienced this carplay issue?:
While playing what is actually a video file, for instance music i had recorded of a friend playing in band at a nightclub. while playing that video file.. if you go to adjust the volume, it starts playing the music from Apple music. Sometimes even for just a couple of seconds then switches back, or will just stay on the apple music. I noticed this on a couple of apps as well thet play audio from a video as well. very annoying. have to adj volume to what level you want then reopen app and dont touch it..
This is something my other vehicles that have carplay do not do with same apps.
I know apple music is buggy but this is def a Lexus thing...
Old 02-14-19, 06:47 AM
ES63
Driver

Another Bump on this , I noticed also when connected to Carplay and playing back voicemail messages thru car , any adjustment on volume either switches to apple music temporarily or pauses playback and you have to get phone out to restart .
Plan on showing Dealer at my 5k that is coming up. Def not an Apple issue as it does not ddo either of these on my GF's Ford or my old Genesis.
Old 02-14-19, 04:46 PM
blitzlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ES63
Has anybody experienced this carplay issue?:
While playing what is actually a video file, for instance music i had recorded of a friend playing in band at a nightclub. while playing that video file.. if you go to adjust the volume, it starts playing the music from Apple music. Sometimes even for just a couple of seconds then switches back, or will just stay on the apple music. I noticed this on a couple of apps as well thet play audio from a video as well. very annoying. have to adj volume to what level you want then reopen app and dont touch it..
This is something my other vehicles that have carplay do not do with same apps.
I know apple music is buggy but this is def a Lexus thing...
how do you play a video file in car play? I cant load YouTube. I only have music apps like Spotify and tunein radio.
Old 02-15-19, 04:44 AM
ES63
Driver

Originally Posted by blitzlexus

how do you play a video file in car play? I cant load YouTube. I only have music apps like Spotify and tunein radio.
Just opening the app on the phone, while plugged into car with car play activated. for instance opening up "Photos" so i can play a video of some music recorded. then try and adjust volume...

As a side note and prob more so better in the ML sound threads.. but wholy cow. play a song from Itunes/Music app on bluetooth, then plug in and it takes over on Carplay.... Huge difference in Fidelity. i expect BT to be less , but wow! . (Not going down the sound quality ML issue here, i keeping my opinion at bay for now on that)