ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Like it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-19, 11:40 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I just found an awesome site that told me everything I wanted to know about the ES. It describes all of the options and all of the packages in detail. Unfortunately for the sales person, I've now made a list of questions that need confirmations or demonstrations. I can't wait to see how many he doesn't know about. He wasn't aware for example, that the FSport has a different instrument cluster.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2018/06/...hnical-review/

After reading all of your responses and several reviews, I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of owning an ES. It seems like a common thread is that this car is REALLY good at what it's trying to be, and everyone that has that expectation seems very happy with the car. Only those that want something more sporty seem disappointed. I thinks it's a function of Expectations Management".

A quick comment on the stereo. After reading several more negative comments, I will go back and listen for myself. That said, reading the last page of that thread on this forum, seems to bring closure to the argument (in my mind, anyway). Bottom line is that some people simply expect sound from all of the speakers, but that's simply not what they bought. If the sound they want is in the track, it comes out the appropriate speaker. I'll see if I can hear what the complaint is about on my own
That write-up seems to miss everything about the FSport including the cluster, 19" wheels, mesh grill and Ultra White exterior also unique to the FSport.
Old 02-15-19, 11:47 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
That write-up seems to miss everything about the FSport including the cluster, 19" wheels, mesh grill and Ultra White exterior also unique to the FSport.
You may have missed the section on the FSport (towards the end), where each of those items is mentioned. That was the part that was most important to me, as I'm trying to decide between the UL and the FSport. I like the looks of the FSport better, but there are a couple of (admittedly) small things that you don't get with it
Old 02-15-19, 11:53 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,616 Likes on 1,030 Posts

It's all in there:

Starting with the exterior, the ES F SPORT features a mesh front grille with a black chrome surround
The F SPORT package includes 19-inch cast alloy wheels with a 235/40R19 tire
There will be eight color choices with the ES F SPORT:

They are, in order with color codes: Ultra White (083), Silver Lining Metallic (1J4), Atomic Silver (1J7), Nebula Gray Pearl (1H9), Obsidian (212), Caviar (223), Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 (8X1), and Matador Red Mica (3R1).
The 8-inch TFT instrument cluster with movable ring is the same design shared with all Lexus F SPORT models
And this:

Last edited by JDR76; 02-15-19 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-15-19, 05:30 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

You may have missed the section on the FSport (towards the end), where each of those items is mentioned. That was the part that was most important to me, as I'm trying to decide between the UL and the FSport. I like the looks of the FSport better, but there are a couple of (admittedly) small things that you don't get with it
Forgive me. Read til the end🙄
Old 02-15-19, 05:34 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

What dont you get with it - wood trim, leather? Yep - now that we have one vehicle with genuine leather and the FSport with Nuluxe, I have to say I prefer the fake stuff. Never thought that would be the case and almost held me back from the FSport. Also not a fan of wood in cars.
Old 02-15-19, 07:12 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

I like the gauge cluster and especially the black mesh grill of the F-Sport but I wasn't willing to take the 40% drop in MPG compared to the hybrid. I didn't like that the FSport didn't have real leather either.
Old 02-15-19, 08:09 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Is the FSport the only one with adaptive variable steering?
Old 02-17-19, 12:22 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Well, I picked up a new Atomic Silver Ultra Luxury ES 350, last night. Honestly, I prefer the appearance of the FSport, but I wasn’t willing to give up some of the accessories that are in the UL package that aren’t in the FSport package. Plus, I think I got an exceptional deal on the one I wanted.

When I brought the car home, I sat in it to read the manual while listening to music. I must say that I love it. Very impressed. I found a thumb drive from Mark Levinson in the console, that turned out to be a demo of the system. It has sound effects to demonstrate the surround sound, and different kinds of music ranging from hip hop to classical. It is a truly incredible demo of the system.

Thank you all for your input! I’m really happy with my choice
Old 02-17-19, 12:56 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I picked up a new Atomic Silver Ultra Luxury ES 350, last night. Honestly, I prefer the appearance of the FSport, but I wasn’t willing to give up some of the accessories that are in the UL package that aren’t in the FSport package. Plus, I think I got an exceptional deal on the one I wanted.

When I brought the car home, I sat in it to read the manual while listening to music. I must say that I love it. Very impressed. I found a thumb drive from Mark Levinson in the console, that turned out to be a demo of the system. It has sound effects to demonstrate the surround sound, and different kinds of music ranging from hip hop to classical. It is a truly incredible demo of the system.

Just curious, which features did you want in the UL that werent offered in the FSport?
Old 02-17-19, 01:44 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK with your new wheels. I have the same car and, so far, it's all good. When I read your post about finding a flash drive in the console I immediately went out to see if I had one. No luck...
Old 02-17-19, 02:24 PM
Car9
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't looking to buy a Lexus. I had spent almost two years trying to decide what I wanted to buy. My preference was for a compact luxury sedan. The bad - online forums where people post their likes and dislikes. So, for about 6 months I just forgot about buying a car because I couldn't make up my mind.

Then, I saw a Lexus commercial about the ES350 F-Sport. I liked the way it looked. I knew nothing at all about the Lexus ES model. I began reading every online review and went to the manufacturers website.

I think by this time I was ready to buy something. I went to the dealership and I really liked the styling and the interior (not so much the black interior). After a test drive, I said yes.

A few days later, I was reading the detailing forum about how to clean leather seats. I had heard that blue jeans will rub off on the seats, so I wanted to get ahead of this problem. I panicked when I read that Lexus leather seats seem to be thinner than in the past from people who are long time owners and buyers of Lexus vehicles. The problem is the leather wrinkles/creases more quickly. Then I remembered the F-sport only comes with Nuluxe seating. I hope this holds up better than the real leather seats.

Overall, I happy with my choice. The black interior has grown on me and the ventilated seats help cool as black seems to be hotter in the summer.
Old 02-17-19, 05:41 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Just curious, which features did you want in the UL that werent offered in the FSport?
The UL was fully loaded. All I could tell it was missing was lighted door sills. We couldn’t find an FSport with a look down camera (it’s not clear that you can get one on an FSport), and you can’t get the panoramic sunroof on one. Also, after 2 FSports with nulux, the semi-aniline leather was really nice. I did prefer the comfort of the FSport seats, but all we could find was one with red interior. Having the red seats in my current car, I didn’t want them again.

All that said, I would have been happy with either one. Just a touch happier with the UL
Old 02-17-19, 06:35 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

The UL was fully loaded. All I could tell it was missing was lighted door sills. We couldn’t find an FSport with a look down camera (it’s not clear that you can get one on an FSport), and you can’t get the panoramic sunroof on one. Also, after 2 FSports with nulux, the semi-aniline leather was really nice. I did prefer the comfort of the FSport seats, but all we could find was one with red interior. Having the red seats in my current car, I didn’t want them again.

All that said, I would have been happy with either one. Just a touch happier with the UL
Enjoy it. I agree the red seats are a bit much.
Old 02-17-19, 08:30 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Car9
A few days later, I was reading the detailing forum about how to clean leather seats. I had heard that blue jeans will rub off on the seats, so I wanted to get ahead of this problem. I panicked when I read that Lexus leather seats seem to be thinner than in the past from people who are long time owners and buyers of Lexus vehicles. The problem is the leather wrinkles/creases more quickly. Then I remembered the F-sport only comes with Nuluxe seating. I hope this holds up better than the real leather seats.
Our RXs had leather and our current cars both have the synthetic NuLuxe. We have never owned a vehicle with the Semi-Analine. At this point, we actually prefer the NuLuxe. It doesn’t develop the stretch marks like leather does in time. The only drawback is you don’t get that rich leather smell. I think you will be very satisfied with the Lexus synthetic seating material.
Old 02-18-19, 06:59 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TechNut

Our RXs had leather and our current cars both have the synthetic NuLuxe. We have never owned a vehicle with the Semi-Analine. At this point, we actually prefer the NuLuxe. It doesn’t develop the stretch marks like leather does in time. The only drawback is you don’t get that rich leather smell. I think you will be very satisfied with the Lexus synthetic seating material.
I agree - we have an RX as well with genuine leather. I can already tell the Nuluxe in my ES will hold up better. Also seeing many of the luxury manufacturers moving to synthetic materials including Benz in vehicles with MSRPs approaching $100K. They call it MB Tex.

Quick Reply: Like it?