ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Like it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-19 | 07:16 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Originally Posted by TechNut
Our RXs had leather and our current cars both have the synthetic NuLuxe. We have never owned a vehicle with the Semi-Analine. At this point, we actually prefer the NuLuxe. It doesn’t develop the stretch marks like leather does in time. The only drawback is you don’t get that rich leather smell. I think you will be very satisfied with the Lexus synthetic seating material.
Actually, until Saturday, I would have agreed. The synthetic seats are MUCH easier to care for, and it really is hard (almost impossible!) to tell the difference. It's also hard to justify spending a ton of money on leather.
Old 02-18-19 | 08:18 AM
Steve300h
Rookie

The weather cooperated and I was able to take the ES 300h on it's first official golf outing. Four adults comfortably in the cabin and four golf bags in the trunk (tight but they did fit). Yup. I like it.
Old 02-19-19 | 07:01 AM
User 41924
Instructor

I got to spend a little time in our new car yesterday. I got the windows tinted a long with a clear mask installed, made it to the dealer to show them a couple of things they need to fix (the car had been a program car, and had a few miles), made my concession to the FWD alarmists by buying winter tires.

I love this car! Its REALLY pretty, has tons of electronic wizardry, and the stereo is awesome. I can’t believe some people are disappointed with the ML sound system. Chrystal clear bass and treble. I was listening to Eric Clapton this morning, and it was perfect. PERFECT. I’ve been streaming Amazon Music lately, having tried Spotify, Pandora, and Apple Music recently. I’m not sure where I’ll land, but for now Amazon Music works amazingly well on this sound system. The ML is the best I’ve had since I had a custom system in a truck a few years ago. It’s at least as good, and probably better.

As I said. I’m really happy with this car! I bet you can tell.
Old 02-19-19 | 07:57 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Steve300h
The weather cooperated and I was able to take the ES 300h on it's first official golf outing. Four adults comfortably in the cabin and four golf bags in the trunk (tight but they did fit). Yup. I like it.
Nice - yeah the trunk definitely not huge but serves the purpose.
Old 02-19-19 | 07:59 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I got to spend a little time in our new car yesterday. I got the windows tinted a long with a clear mask installed, made it to the dealer to show them a couple of things they need to fix (the car had been a program car, and had a few miles), made my concession to the FWD alarmists by buying winter tires.

I love this car! Its REALLY pretty, has tons of electronic wizardry, and the stereo is awesome. I can’t believe some people are disappointed with the ML sound system. Chrystal clear bass and treble. I was listening to Eric Clapton this morning, and it was perfect. PERFECT. I’ve been streaming Amazon Music lately, having tried Spotify, Pandora, and Apple Music recently. I’m not sure where I’ll land, but for now Amazon Music works amazingly well on this sound system. The ML is the best I’ve had since I had a custom system in a truck a few years ago. It’s at least as good, and probably better.

As I said. I’m really happy with this car! I bet you can tell.
I'm with you on the ML system but so many folks seem to hate it. Backseat drivers with insufficient sound I guess