ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Album art only displays in park?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 06:09 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I noticed in the brand new loaner RX I have, the album art is still there on SXM. Since it's a loaner, I didn't attach my phone to see if it's blocked when streaming. Maybe I will on the way to drop it off tonight.
Old 03-01-19, 01:18 PM
1stTimeLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Let's face it - what is the big deal that the artwork isn't displayed while driving. There are bigger fish to fry.
... agreed. It's NOT that big of a deal for album art. However, I would prefer to see my contact's image because I can recognize the image more quickly - especially on incoming calls (vs. reading the incoming caller's name). But it does make me wonder why show image/art work at all. It just all feels a little big brother-ish with little rhyme/reason. It was not a feature I thought I'd have to consider but it is a good lesson learned - fish frys are all relative.
Old 03-01-19, 05:54 PM
1stLexus64
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's face it - what is the big deal that the artwork isn't displayed while driving. There are bigger fish to fry.
There may be bigger fish to fry but this is the fish I chose.
The following 3 users liked this post by 1stLexus64:
DTCG (09-16-22), FTBoomer (07-14-19), LexFinally (01-17-23)
Old 03-01-19, 05:57 PM
1stLexus64
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I noticed in the brand new loaner RX I have, the album art is still there on SXM. Since it's a loaner, I didn't attach my phone to see if it's blocked when streaming. Maybe I will on the way to drop it off tonight.
Juat had an RX loaner myself. Also noticed playing FM radio displayed the station during breaks/commercials and album art during songs. Looking at a USB plug is ridiculous.
Old 03-02-19, 05:56 AM
imz14u2nv
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I’m sorry if this post comes off in a way that offends anyone but we have to stop being so Damn Stupid that we agree with everything people shove down our throats. This new super PC World is driving me nuts. I really doubt that any reasonably intelligent human is going to get distracted by Album Art, I could see if we were talking about Text Messages or Movies or anything that required you to actually pay attention to it. We are Talking About Album Art!!! There is absolutely no Safety issue with Album Art, as the poster already intelligently stated, ready the words is way more distracting than glancing at a Picture and instantly recognizing the Album/Artist.

I agree, these are certainly First World Problems, but we should still approach them with intelligence.
The following 4 users liked this post by imz14u2nv:
DTCG (09-16-22), FTBoomer (07-14-19), lastkid11 (07-30-22), markp1798 (04-26-24)
Old 03-02-19, 10:12 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

My wife's RX displays the album art while in drive. 2017 model - did they really just change this in 18 or 19?
Old 03-04-19, 05:16 AM
ES63
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I also notice that Radio Station "Art " still remains visible too when underway .. but not XM art when moving .. legal BS yes , make sense why one static image is more safe than others, i think not...
And no to hijack thread , but another annoyance I've mentioned before is no Station names (Even just names!) for presets on xm stations. Love that there are 36 presets . hate i got to remember what "number"the station is ....even a Hyundai Elantra has the feature.. oh and they show cover art too
The following 2 users liked this post by ES63:
DTCG (09-16-22), pmuller (11-02-22)
Old 03-04-19, 10:16 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES63
I also notice that Radio Station "Art " still remains visible too when underway .. but not XM art when moving .. legal BS yes , make sense why one static image is more safe than others, i think not...
And no to hijack thread , but another annoyance I've mentioned before is no Station names (Even just names!) for presets on xm stations. Love that there are 36 presets . hate i got to remember what "number"the station is ....even a Hyundai Elantra has the feature.. oh and they show cover art too
I guess you're not familiar with XM but eventually you'll know the stations by heart and won't really need the names anywhere. 6= 60s, 7=70s.
Old 03-06-19, 05:58 AM
ES63
Driver

Smile

I guess you're not familiar with XM but eventually you'll know the stations by heart and won't really need the names anywhere. 6= 60s, 7=70s.
Had XM for 10+ years , I know most my fav's # and are preset in that order, but do I know all 36 of my preset stations by their numbers , no, and not all stations correlate like the era channels. I also like to change some of the other ones that aren't norm favs for a little variety or when they have a special channel for a limited time. Maybe in another few years I'll become more familiar ,
On a more positive note , I do however use and like the voice command to go to a channel by name.
Old 03-06-19, 07:08 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Had XM for 10+ years , I know most my fav's # and are preset in that order, but do I know all 36 of my preset stations by their numbers , no, and not all stations correlate like the era channels. I also like to change some of the other ones that aren't norm favs for a little variety or when they have a special channel for a limited time. Maybe in another few years I'll become more familiar ,
On a more positive note , I do however use and like the voice command to go to a channel by name.
I only listen to four or five XM channels - agree 36 might be tough to memorize. I still enjoy some old fashioned terrestrial radio believe it or not so they take up several of my presets.
Old 03-06-19, 10:32 AM
ES63
Driver

Yes that's another thing i do love about the presets is you dont have to change modes ! You can intermix fm, am and xm stations in any order on the presets so its just a matter of advancing up and down. i do same thing, have 2 FM stations as first couple presets then mostly XM and an AM local ,actually on preset 36 so i can get to it in rev quickly.the combo ability is great .
Every system will have its strengths and weaknesses , and little annoyances. On my previous genesis the preset selection up down selector on the steering wheel would work one direction on the presets in one mode/screen. on another screen the direction was reversed. used to drive me nuts id always pick the wrong way the first time. lol
Old 03-14-19, 05:08 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

ok who can crack this code?
whats the trick ?

Philip

2019 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/chateau
2019 NX300h L
eminent white pearl/crème

gone
2016 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/parchment
2015 NX300h L atomic silver/black

Old 03-14-19, 05:51 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Keep your eyes on the road and not the album art and you'll never notice it disappears in Drive😉
Old 03-14-19, 06:04 PM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Keep your eyes on the road and not the album art and you'll never notice it disappears in Drive😉
I watch tv text surf and all that while driving
Old 03-14-19, 08:24 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Yes that's another thing i do love about the presets is you dont have to change modes ! You can intermix fm, am and xm stations in any order on the presets so its just a matter of advancing up and down. i do same thing, have 2 FM stations as first couple presets then mostly XM and an AM local ,actually on preset 36 so i can get to it in rev quickly.the combo ability is great .
Every system will have its strengths and weaknesses , and little annoyances. On my previous genesis the preset selection up down selector on the steering wheel would work one direction on the presets in one mode/screen. on another screen the direction was reversed. used to drive me nuts id always pick the wrong way the first time. lol
I HATE that. That's my biggest complaint about the sound system interface and really the car in general.

I currently have a Camry(my ES got shipped from Japan today ) and I love that it has XM, FM and AM presets all separate. I don't like that it has two pages of 6 for FM and 3 pages of 6 for XM but at least it's better than the ES where there are all jumbled together.

It obviously wasn't a deal breaker but damn it sucks. Hard to believe that a car $20,000 less actually does presets better.

As for the XM station names it's been a while since I took my last test drive but I thought the station art and name were displayed all the time.

Quick Reply: Album art only displays in park?