Old 05-10-24, 10:07 AM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey5974
Not really today, but in the past few weeks:

detailing garage at apt

fog and ls grille

experimental light bar (took it off immediately)

shadow ambient

rhythmic symphony

Also did a few more things not pictured:

through brake light strip (work in progress)

Key remote starter (work in progress)

rear view camera rain guard

curtesy/puddle projector light lexus logo

oem illuminated door sill white

rear seat table

wireless passenger seat adjust remote so driver can access rear seat table easy

c3x openpilot, phone mount, aawireless, visor tablet

door/hood resonance sound dampening (butyl), wheel well foam tbd

radar detector uniden r4

seat gap jams

silence armrest w/ cloth tape

silence dash w/ cloth tape

silence seat rub w/ velcro tape

floor mats

window tint (shop)

rear view auto shade blackout fabric

hardwire (parking mode) rear view mirror camera / dashcam

Trunk led strip

backseat kick plates

carista

install weize AGM group 47 battery ( was thinking of doing a second in parallel because these batteries are dirt cheap, but decided against it )

pedestrian alert sound deadening to bring it down to sane decibels. This was really only an issue on the 2019-2020 hybrid, since 21+ got a secondary speaker in the back.

Thinking about adding slow close doors, but they are a bit pricey at $100/each, and could potentially cause headaches if they break.
May do the projectlithium HV pack when my warranty runs out in like 100k more miles.
Also purchased some pre cut PPF but after reviewing how much skill it takes to do right, I may skip
That's quite a list of mods to be done and I'd be Very interested in seeing them once you get them finished, if you don't mind sharing them. You've built a Cool looking ES and I like your mods but I like lighting when it's done right (my Wife calls me a light snob and She might be right but a person likes what a person likes and Yours looks Tastefully done).

Those interior lights are nice and I plan on Definitely doing that to ours. Can they be set through the steering wheel and also can they be set to a single color instead of the rainbow colors? Are Yours the dynamic ones that have the running light when you first get in and then just go static (non moving). Do you have a link to where you bought them from? The LS grille is a Nice touch too and is Very different than anything that I've seen on an ES. I like that better than the ES F Sport grille. Was it a lot of work to install?

Can I ask where you were going to get the soft closing door kit? I've been thinking about trying them on ours. We have them on our LS460 and I Really like them and think that they'd be a nice thing to have on our ES.

I do agree with you on the front light bar but I thought that your car was just so shiny that it was a reflection of an overhead light. The lights down near the lower fake vents are look nice too. A backlit Lexus badge/emblem/whatever in front would look nice with that grille, especially if you used RGB led's so that you could change the color but white would be sharp too.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-10-24, 10:23 AM
ConanTheLibrarian
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

First "Hand Job" wash. I wont use a carwash with this paint job. Its too nice to ruin.
I also applied my my military tags...

The following users liked this post:
Lesley248 (06-14-24)
Old 05-10-24, 10:46 AM
Jersey5974
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FreddyG
That's quite a list of mods to be done and I'd be Very interested in seeing them once you get them finished, if you don't mind sharing them. You've built a Cool looking ES and I like your mods but I like lighting when it's done right (my Wife calls me a light snob and She might be right but a person likes what a person likes and Yours looks Tastefully done).

Those interior lights are nice and I plan on Definitely doing that to ours. Can they be set through the steering wheel and also can they be set to a single color instead of the rainbow colors? Are Yours the dynamic ones that have the running light when you first get in and then just go static (non moving). Do you have a link to where you bought them from? The LS grille is a Nice touch too and is Very different than anything that I've seen on an ES. I like that better than the ES F Sport grille. Was it a lot of work to install?

Can I ask where you were going to get the soft closing door kit? I've been thinking about trying them on ours. We have them on our LS460 and I Really like them and think that they'd be a nice thing to have on our ES.

I do agree with you on the front light bar but I thought that your car was just so shiny that it was a reflection of an overhead light. The lights down near the lower fake vents are look nice too. A backlit Lexus badge/emblem/whatever in front would look nice with that grille, especially if you used RGB led's so that you could change the color but white would be sharp too.

Thanks in advance!

I'm done with most everything visible other than the tail light since it was damaged in shipping, and aliexpress takes months to resolve issues.
Those interior lights are nice and I plan on Definitely doing that to ours. Can they be set through the steering wheel

- Yes they are integrated into the steering wheel. I have tips on how to control it at end of James’ thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...tallation.html . The app gives more granular control if you want to do something more fancy, but the steering wheel will get you the dim 0 – 9, like 5 modes, and like 32 of the 64 shades of color.

and also can they be set to a single color instead of the rainbow colors?

- Yes they can be set to a single color, unified (single zone), or dual zone (top and bottom are different). There are also different modes where they move in predetermined patterns, ‘dance’ with noise, or what have you. Tons of options in the app. However, mine are shadow ambient trim pieces which means if you want the traditional strip you should look into the one James got which I have linked below.

Are Yours the dynamic ones that have the running light when you first get in and then just go static (non moving).

- Yes, this is an optional feature that can be set in the app.

Do you have a link to where you bought them from?

-You can search any well rated vendor on aliexpress. I just chose the cheapest one who responded to me (albeit in very broken English) at the time for shadow ambient. The listings for this item are all over the place so take your time and message the vendors with any questions. Most vendors will respond in 48hours or so, and if they don’t, don’t bother buying from them.

I posted some comments at the end of James’ thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...tallation.html

He uses the strip kit: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803477455275.html

I used shadow ambient kit: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806271420420.html

Also don't just click buy on these links. Really look into it. e.g. China lexus es model years are off by one compared to U.S., The picture usually dictates what's in the kit, e.g. backrest lights, etc, and that will be your proof in case you need to dispute. Always video record yourself opening the package. And make sure to talk to your vendor before and immediately after placing the order to make sure they get you the right thing.

The LS grille is a Nice touch too and is Very different than anything that I've seen on an ES. I like that better than the ES F Sport grille. Was it a lot of work to install?

-It was a lot of work for me since I have never done any body work on a car before. It took me probably 6-8 hours including research on how to do it. If I were to do it again it would probably take me less than 90mins, and less than 60mins if I had two people. It was also very nerve wracking because everything is plastic with very tight tolerances, so it’s insanely easy to break clips. Also manually cutting the camera hole sucked. If you are interested in doing it get in touch and I can give more tips.

-same aliexpress vendor that sold me the ambient lights:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805866267767.html

Keep in mind I did not purchase these (yet), but if you want to go through with it please get in contact with me. I’ve got some more tips for the process.

-The light up emblem is what the guys in frogpilot discord suggested too, but they were saying the light up ones cause issues with adaptive cruise radar, so I’m not going to mess with it.

Last edited by Jersey5974; 05-10-24 at 10:58 AM.
FreddyG (05-11-24)
Old 05-10-24, 10:57 AM
Jersey5974
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ConanTheLibrarian
First "Hand Job" wash. I wont use a carwash with this paint job. Its too nice to ruin.
I also applied my my military tags...
I love the white. Best part is that you could take it to a carwash and the swirls they give it won't even be visible.
es250fsport (05-10-24)
Old 05-11-24, 03:26 PM
FreddyG
Intermediate

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey5974
I'm done with most everything visible other than the tail light since it was damaged in shipping, and aliexpress takes months to resolve issues.
Those interior lights are nice and I plan on Definitely doing that to ours. Can they be set through the steering wheel

- Yes they are integrated into the steering wheel. I have tips on how to control it at end of James’ thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...tallation.html . The app gives more granular control if you want to do something more fancy, but the steering wheel will get you the dim 0 – 9, like 5 modes, and like 32 of the 64 shades of color.

and also can they be set to a single color instead of the rainbow colors?

- Yes they can be set to a single color, unified (single zone), or dual zone (top and bottom are different). There are also different modes where they move in predetermined patterns, ‘dance’ with noise, or what have you. Tons of options in the app. However, mine are shadow ambient trim pieces which means if you want the traditional strip you should look into the one James got which I have linked below.

Are Yours the dynamic ones that have the running light when you first get in and then just go static (non moving).

- Yes, this is an optional feature that can be set in the app.

Do you have a link to where you bought them from?

-You can search any well rated vendor on aliexpress. I just chose the cheapest one who responded to me (albeit in very broken English) at the time for shadow ambient. The listings for this item are all over the place so take your time and message the vendors with any questions. Most vendors will respond in 48hours or so, and if they don’t, don’t bother buying from them.

I posted some comments at the end of James’ thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...tallation.html

He uses the strip kit: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803477455275.html

I used shadow ambient kit: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806271420420.html

Also don't just click buy on these links. Really look into it. e.g. China lexus es model years are off by one compared to U.S., The picture usually dictates what's in the kit, e.g. backrest lights, etc, and that will be your proof in case you need to dispute. Always video record yourself opening the package. And make sure to talk to your vendor before and immediately after placing the order to make sure they get you the right thing.

The LS grille is a Nice touch too and is Very different than anything that I've seen on an ES. I like that better than the ES F Sport grille. Was it a lot of work to install?

-It was a lot of work for me since I have never done any body work on a car before. It took me probably 6-8 hours including research on how to do it. If I were to do it again it would probably take me less than 90mins, and less than 60mins if I had two people. It was also very nerve wracking because everything is plastic with very tight tolerances, so it’s insanely easy to break clips. Also manually cutting the camera hole sucked. If you are interested in doing it get in touch and I can give more tips.

-same aliexpress vendor that sold me the ambient lights:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805866267767.html

Keep in mind I did not purchase these (yet), but if you want to go through with it please get in contact with me. I’ve got some more tips for the process.

-The light up emblem is what the guys in frogpilot discord suggested too, but they were saying the light up ones cause issues with adaptive cruise radar, so I’m not going to mess with it.
Thank You Very Much for sharing the info and your time too! I like what You've done to yours and Appreciate the tips because I've read Jame's thread and also LS500Fan's too and there is plenty of good info in those but I'm an electrical amateur and just get inside my own head (actually I let my Wife's voice get inside my head about messing something up and having to hear the I told you so thing )!

I didn't think about the adaptive cruise and I agree with you on not messing with that!

I Really like the mods that You've done though and plan to follow your lead on some of them (copy off of you )!

Thanks again!
Old 05-12-24, 11:07 AM
xmlstarks
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

My car shall never see a car wash. I detail her at least once per week by hand and once a month have her ceramic washed (Chemical Guys Ceramic Car Wash liquid) at my home by my detailer, period. All car washes do is put hairline scratches in your clearcoat as well as wear down the clearcoat. Hand-wash car washes are acceptable as long as they use detailer spray after drying.

Last edited by xmlstarks; 05-14-24 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-12-24, 01:12 PM
gcvt
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by xmlstarks
) My car shall never see a car wash. I detailer her at least once per week by hand and once a month have her ceramic washed (Chemical Guys Ceramic Car Wash liquid) at my home by my detailer, period. All car washes do is put hairline scratches in your clearcoat as well as wear down the clearcoat. That's just my opinion and like A-holes, everyone has one. LOL
When I see people running nice cars through automated car washes, I cry a little on the inside.
The following 2 users liked this post by gcvt:
TechNut (05-13-24), xmlstarks (05-12-24)
Old 05-12-24, 01:45 PM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 500 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by xmlstarks
That's just my opinion and like A-holes, everyone has one. LOL
Just one. Oh, I think not! There are plenty of verbosity vultures spewing their verbal flatulence. Loud and obnoxious, they put themselves on display when they have no business doing so or providing any added value! They insert themselves into places when unnecessary, leaving a sour aftertaste in their wake. Often, they are advertising nothing more than bluster! Yeah, wait….was I talking about opinions or A-holes? Talk about long-winded! Maybe I’m the A-hole. IMO, probably not! Eh, go figure.

Now, before anyone starts calling out the potential hypocrisy or pointing out that I may not be providing any added value, I see my content as a source of valuable insights, witty commentary, you know, the fun stuff! There is no need to thank me. It's my pleasure!

Disclaimer - IMNSHO*

* In My Not So Humble Opinion🫣
The following 2 users liked this post by UltraLux22:
FreddyG (05-13-24), TechNut (05-13-24)
Old 05-13-24, 10:43 PM
gcvt
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Okay, maybe not "to" my car, but "for" my car

I installed a water spigot in the garage.

No more dragging a hose all away around the house to was the car. Yay!

Last edited by gcvt; 05-13-24 at 10:49 PM.
FreddyG (05-14-24)
Old 05-29-24, 03:58 PM
Jack1986
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 68 Posts

I meant to come on here last Monday and say that my F Sport was safe and sound in the garage. It’s my only car for now and I drive it to work. But I got a notification on my phone from the local weather station app that there was going to be a chance for severe weather, so I caught a Lyft to work. It did hail and everybody’s car at work got beaten up by the hail, while mine was safe and sound in the garage. It only cost me $5 and some change for the ride but that’s better than a $500 deductible or a totaled car!
The following 3 users liked this post by Jack1986:
FreddyG (05-30-24), Lesley248 (05-30-24), TechNut (05-30-24)
Old 05-31-24, 10:06 AM
Fsport19
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wouldn't your Lexus prefer warm water?
Old 06-14-24, 12:11 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 958 Likes on 722 Posts

Today I did the birds view camera calibration.
I’m happy to report that now it is 100% accurate and the image on the screen is perfect.

I must say that it was very off and it is surprising to me because the car has never been in an accident.
Old 06-14-24, 01:07 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by ESh
Today I did the birds view camera calibration.
How did you do that?

I’m happy to report that now it is 100% accurate and the image on the screen is perfect. I must say that it was very off and it is surprising to me because the car has never been in an accident.
What was wrong with it?
Old 06-14-24, 01:19 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 958 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidZ
How did you do that?

First, I made the cross points around the car by following the Lexus instructions.
After that, I calibrated all the cameras through the special menu.

I used rope and duct tape.

This this the screenshot from my surveillance camera:

Instructions:

The camera overlap was not precise/accurate.
es250fsport (06-14-24)
Old 06-19-24, 05:29 PM
Jedibowls
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F3Woody
I thought these logo lights were kinda cheesy but also really wanted them 😂. Sometimes cheesy is fun!
For $25 this set of 4 these knock offs look pretty darn bright and crisp. The image is 12” x 8” and looks better in person than the photo. Durability is tbd so I’ll stash the originals in the garage just in case.

Those look nice and bright and for $25, you can't go wrong! I also agree with you that sometimes cheese is not a bad thing (unless you're lactose intolerant )!

Can you Please give us a link to those because I might get some of that cheese too!
FreddyG is offline Report Post

Are these the White ones? I got some from Amazon and they are a bluish color. Thank you

Quick Reply: ***What did you do to your ES today?***