ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Beep while washing car

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-19, 02:32 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 887 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by 19LexusDad
Yeah, it’s as crazy as it sounds. If you’re washing your car with the key in your pocket or it’s sitting in the car, and the car is off, for me, the beep will happen when you start washing your car. It happened to me. Apparently when I took the car for its 5K service, they pushed the windshield wiper control down into into the auto-mist detent. Simple fix. Just push it back up into the neutral position and you can wash your car with no beeps as the water hits the windshield. No other unexplained beeps while washing car to date. : )
This is inaccurate. Regardless of whether or not the car is on or off, the auto-wipers do not trigger any sort of beeping.

The long solid tone you hear when you start washing your car with the key still inside is water running over one of the 4 lock touch sensors on the door handles. The car thinks you are trying to lock it but forgot your key inside. This is the only meaning behind the long solid beep.

Multiple chirps/beeps means you've got out with the key & closed the door but left the engine running. This is literally the car saying "hey, don't forget to turn me off before you go so you don't die from carbon monoxide poisoning."
Old 03-30-19, 06:31 PM
GabC
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EV02is
how do you activate “battery saving” mode?
Originally Posted by signdetres
While pressing and holding down the lock button, double-click the unlock button. You should see the light on the keyfob flash twice (one for each time you pressed unlock) and then two more flashes after that to confirm it's enabled.
Just as signdetres said. It's page 101 in the manual. Attached is a picture from the manual on how to turn on battery saving. Just remember it turns off the radio waves so if you leave it in the car and you lock it, the car will lock since it can't detect the key.
Attached Files
Old 04-01-19, 10:30 AM
ES63
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Speaking of wipers you know you can move them to the service position, when washing also . the same for changing blades. Right after turning off car move the wiper switch to the mist position and hold for 2 seconds, they'll go to the up position on the windshield.
The following users liked this post:
MSterling (04-01-19)
Old 04-01-19, 12:35 PM
GabC
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ES63
Speaking of wipers you know you can move them to the service position, when washing also . the same for changing blades. Right after turning off car move the wiper switch to the mist position and hold for 2 seconds, they'll go to the up position on the windshield.
I remember seeing posts on the 8th gen Camry forums and 5th gen Avalon forums talking about the windshield wipers and that it is a 'major design flaw' because when you lift it up, it will hit the top of the hood. Criticizing Toyota on the poor design choices and so on and so forth... until someone pointed it out that you must put it in service position so you can lift it up without hitting the hood... I really like that it retracts below the hood and praise Toyota for doing it even though other car manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes have been doing this for years.
The following 2 users liked this post by GabC:
MSterling (04-01-19), User 41924 (04-02-19)