ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Exiting Navigation "Freeway Exit List"

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-19, 05:50 PM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Exiting Navigation "Freeway Exit List"

When using navigation on a highway, the right portion of the center display changes to a Freeway Exit list. I would like to have the audio submenu (Sirius channel info) on that right portion. How do you change the right side back to something other than freeway exits? There is no sidebar menu. The only thing I'm able to do is (arrow) change to longitude/latitude, compass etc. on the right hand display segment.
Old 04-17-19, 06:28 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
When using navigation on a highway, the right portion of the center display changes to a Freeway Exit list. I would like to have the audio submenu (Sirius channel info) on that right portion. How do you change the right side back to something other than freeway exits? There is no sidebar menu. The only thing I'm able to do is (arrow) change to longitude/latitude, compass etc. on the right hand display segment.
with 12" screen, you can select NAV, Audio, HVAC or fuel eco stats. Icons along far right side.
Old 04-17-19, 07:05 PM
scoresman
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can click on the arrows at the top of the freeway exit list to return to your previous selection on the right side of the split screen. Unfortunately, Lexus has decided in their wisdom that your selection / choice is not important. Rather, the freeway exit list will continue to automatically appear. I'd love to be wrong about this, and sincerely hope that someone knows how to make your selection stay put.
Old 04-18-19, 04:11 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Thank you Scoresman, I will give it another shot next time I'm on the highway.
Old 04-18-19, 05:59 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by scoresman
You can click on the arrows at the top of the freeway exit list to return to your previous selection on the right side of the split screen. Unfortunately, Lexus has decided in their wisdom that your selection / choice is not important. Rather, the freeway exit list will continue to automatically appear. I'd love to be wrong about this, and sincerely hope that someone knows how to make your selection stay put.
I think that's correct when you have an active route. Arrows will only get you to a different map display though (compass etc). You still need to reselect an icon to go back to your original selection (music etc). Goofy I agree.
Old 04-03-20, 02:53 PM
SDSports
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scoresman
I fear you are right and find it ridiculous.
Old 09-23-20, 07:32 AM
TechLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDSports
I fear you are right and find it ridiculous.
I know this is an old post, but for those looking for a solution to this Lexus has solved it. For the US market on a 2019 ES 350 (with navigation) you can perform the following steps to see the option for Automatic Freeway Exit List and turn it off:

1. Ensure that you have the latest version of the multimedia system software installed. This can be downloaded from Lexus here: https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/downloads. This is a free update from Lexus which you can install yourself. Please be sure to follow the instructions from Lexus on the website carefully. Lexus provides the website above in their FAQs: https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answ...ment/related/1

2. Once the software has been installed successfully and the car engine turned off and on again, press the MENU button and click on Setup.

3. Navigate to the following option: Navigation -> Detailed Navi Settings -> Automatic Freeway Exit List

4. Select OFF

The key is to ensure that your multimedia software is up to date otherwise the option in step 3 isn’t available.
The following 2 users liked this post by TechLex:
cyfi66 (06-09-23), ionian (09-23-20)
Old 09-23-20, 08:44 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Thanks, I stumbled across it and couldn't figure how I got there, but then reconstructed it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...l#post10864539
Old 09-23-20, 06:18 PM
ionian
Instructor

Received 261 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by TechLex
I know this is an old post, but for those looking for a solution to this Lexus has solved it. For the US market on a 2019 ES 350 (with navigation) you can perform the following steps to see the option for Automatic Freeway Exit List and turn it off:

The key is to ensure that your multimedia software is up to date otherwise the option in step 3 isn’t available.
Works like a charm. Thanks.
Old 06-20-21, 06:55 AM
SCLexusMan
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is there a Multimedia update for a 2019 ES 350?

I checked the Lexus website and there is not a multimedia update for a 2019 ES 350, so I do not have the Automatic Freeway Exit on/off option, and the doggone thing keeps taking over the right side of the display whenever I get on an interstate. Did anyone have luck getting a software update from their Lexus dealer?
Old 06-20-21, 09:18 AM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by SCLexusMan
I checked the Lexus website and there is not a multimedia update for a 2019 ES 350, so I do not have the Automatic Freeway Exit on/off option, and the doggone thing keeps taking over the right side of the display whenever I get on an interstate. Did anyone have luck getting a software update from their Lexus dealer?
I don't know why the software updates for the 2019 ES 350 are no longer available on the Lexus website. I downloaded and installed them about a year ago. There are two 500MB files with a .kwi file extension. I have the files, but not the installation instructions. The installation instructions were posted on the Lexus download webpage. Have you tried contacting you dealer? Also, have you tried downloading them directly to your car using the infotainment system?
Old 06-27-21, 04:16 AM
SCLexusMan
8th Gear

Default Taking to dealer…

I am taking my ES to the lexus dealer tomorrow to try to solve the same problem. Will let you know if successful.
Old 07-06-21, 04:38 AM
SCLexusMan
8th Gear

Lexus dealer was able to update my infotainment software and the "Automatic Freeway Exit Info." on/off button now appears in teh Detailed Navigation Settings menu. Turned it off and the problem is gone. Also, noticed that with the software update, I no longer have to manually change the State each time I enter an address into the navigation system. I now just have to say the address, city and state and the system finds the address!