ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-22 | 06:37 AM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
There are no performance dampers except the lateral ones. I do believe I recall reading that they were added to the Luxury trim level. If memory serves, the rear-door sunshades and laminated (sound-reducing) front door window glass are the only remaining features you can't get on anything but a UL. What makes that a bit less significant is that I just don't think they're building a lot of Luxurys this year.
Based on 2022 ES Brochure they are listed as separate items specific to each trim and for UL, it says "Includes ES 250 Luxury AWD features, and adds or replaces" ... "Lateral performance Damper"
https://www.lexus.com/content/dam/le...S-Brochure.pdf

Old 02-12-22 | 06:56 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
If memory serves, the rear-door sunshades and laminated (sound-reducing) front door window glass
Rear door sunshades are available only on UL but the front door eliminated windows are available on Luxury.

Lateral performance dampers can be added to Premium and Luxury. You can buy them from the dealer and they can be bolted, plug and play.

I don’t think anybody can see the difference between on the car with lateral performance dampers and without them.
Old 02-12-22 | 08:24 AM
LexFinally
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ESh
Rear door sunshades are available only on UL but the front door eliminated windows are available on Luxury.

Lateral performance dampers can be added to Premium and Luxury. You can buy them from the dealer and they can be bolted, plug and play.

I don’t think anybody can see the difference between on the car with lateral performance dampers and without them.
Thanks for correcting me on the windows. And yes, some people have questioned the effectiveness of the lateral performance dampers. The effect of them has to be really subtle at most, since if you look at them, you're exactly right that they simply bolt up to solid sections of frame and are just to reduce small resonances.
Old 02-12-22 | 09:14 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mattsrs
One key difference in UL vs L is lateral performance dampers that is specific to UL and F sport and cannot be added as an option to lux. Everything else in UL can be added as option to luxury.
As others have mentioned, the rear sun door sun shades are also unique to the UL models, as is the Semi-Analine seating material. I believe the Panoramic sunroof is only available on the UL model as well. So yes, more than just the performance dampers.
Old 02-12-22 | 09:27 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

You can have the Panoramic sunroof even on Premium.

So the exclusive options for the UL model are:

Side sunshades;
Dampers;
Semi-aniline leather;
Illuminated door plates;

Dampers and illuminated door plates can be added since they are plug and play.
Dampers are mounted to the fixed frame and they help reduce some high frequency vibrations. That’s all.

Last edited by ESh; 02-12-22 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-12-22 | 11:09 AM
BillP
Driver

Originally Posted by mattsrs
Performance dampers are not the same as lateral performance dampers. Just checked 22 ES brochure and like is said lateral one is specific to UL and F sport. As you said Luxury trim gets regular performance dampers
The brochure may state that however the spec sheet for my vehicle has Lateral-performance dampers listed as equipment on the car. Believe what you want.
Old 02-12-22 | 10:52 PM
Samurai00
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ESh
You can have the Panoramic sunroof even on Premium.

So the exclusive options for the UL model are:

Side sunshades;
Dampers;
Semi-aniline leather;
Illuminated door plates;

Dampers and illuminated door plates can be added since they are plug and play.
Dampers are mounted to the fixed frame and they help reduce some high frequency vibrations. That’s all.
Originally Posted by BillP
The brochure may state that however the spec sheet for my vehicle has Lateral-performance dampers listed as equipment on the car. Believe what you want.
I think only the manual sunshades on the rear side windows is specific to the UL model now.

I have a fully loaded Luxury ES350 that has the semi-online leather with the cushion extender and the lateral-performance dampers.

The illuminated door sills or illuminated trunk sills just seem to be added during production not really part of the UL package.

Old 02-13-22 | 03:34 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

I’m talking about the 2019 to 2021 models. I’m not familiar with the 2022 models.
Old 02-13-22 | 06:51 AM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Regardless of whether you can get to UL level by adding all options to L, it makes sense to just buy UL instead of the other route. Price will be a little less and better resale because it’s a higher trim than lux
The following users liked this post:
wmoor004 (02-13-22)
Old 02-13-22 | 10:08 AM
LexFinally
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ESh
I’m talking about the 2019 to 2021 models. I’m not familiar with the 2022 models.
Right. In '22, it's been documented in another thread here that the Luxury's leather has now been upgraded to the same semi-aniline as UL's.

Honestly, I'm not sure why the UL trim exists at this point, except just to get people like me to pay more. It not only has nearly nothing unique, its standard equipment list LACKS things like Mark Levinson that many or most lower-trim examples are delivered with, and it isn't even badged anywhere. It's one of the most pointless 'trim levels" i can ever remember.
Old 02-13-22 | 10:47 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Do you get things like triple beam lights, 12.3 inch display, 360 camera and HUD standard on 2022 Ultra Luxury?
Old 02-13-22 | 11:24 AM
PrznPrince
Driver

Originally Posted by ESh
Do you get things like triple beam lights, 12.3 inch display, 360 camera and HUD standard on 2022 Ultra Luxury?
Going by the Build tool on Lexus, HUD, 360 camera, 12.3 are standard, with Spoiler, Triple Beam, Pano, and Card Key are the options
Old 02-13-22 | 11:55 AM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PrznPrince
Going by the Build tool on Lexus, HUD, 360 camera, 12.3 are standard, with Spoiler, Triple Beam, Pano, and Card Key are the options
It is stupid AF of Lexus to make triple beams as optional even on their highest trim. It is standard across the range in Europe
Old 02-13-22 | 12:18 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

In Europe the competition is tougher than in the US.
Old 02-14-22 | 10:28 AM
hammerme
Driver School Candidate

So is the price!

Quick Reply: Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury