ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

How to Install a Sub with an Amp in my 2019 ES350

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-19, 02:21 AM
monorph
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question How to Install a Sub with an Amp in my 2019 ES350

So I wanted to make it happen again, install a good ol' subwoofer setup just like those highschool days. Unfortunately I only used to install them with aftermarket stereos and they all had the RCA output and remote signal output.
Now Im dealing with Factory radio and Remote cable signal. I need to know how to tap into those. If you guys can suggest what is the best way on doing this with the gear I have I would appreciate it.
My Car: 2019 Lexus ES350 F with Pioneer audio system. (no ML)
My issues:
1. I need help trying to figure out how to tap into the rear stock pioneer subwoofer on the rear deck so I can install an AudioControl LC2.
2. What is the best way to wire a remote wire (signal) cable to the amp.
See my pics below.
3. Also lets, say I find the cable for the stock subwoofer in the back to be able to connect the LC2 from there, wouldnt that be just 2 wires? a + and - ? The LC2 wants 4 wires for the input. Left +- and Right +-. How do people normally wire that?

My trunk space

Inside the trunk. What is that black box for?

This is the LOC Im going to be installing to tap into the audio.

My setup
Old 07-26-19, 06:46 AM
ilkinandr
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by monorph
So I wanted to make it happen again, install a good ol' subwoofer setup just like those highschool days. Unfortunately I only used to install them with aftermarket stereos and they all had the RCA output and remote signal output.
Now Im dealing with Factory radio and Remote cable signal. I need to know how to tap into those. If you guys can suggest what is the best way on doing this with the gear I have I would appreciate it.
My Car: 2019 Lexus ES350 F with Pioneer audio system. (no ML)
My issues:
1. I need help trying to figure out how to tap into the rear stock pioneer subwoofer on the rear deck so I can install an AudioControl LC2.
2. What is the best way to wire a remote wire (signal) cable to the amp.
See my pics below.
3. Also lets, say I find the cable for the stock subwoofer in the back to be able to connect the LC2 from there, wouldnt that be just 2 wires? a + and - ? The LC2 wants 4 wires for the input. Left +- and Right +-. How do people normally wire that?

My trunk space

Inside the trunk. What is that black box for?

This is the LOC Im going to be installing to tap into the audio.

My setup
Wow that sub looks cheap as s h i t.
Old 07-26-19, 09:20 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

You're on the right track, I think more disassembly is needed. Remove the sub and look for the wires, it looks like that's just the bottom of the magnet or maybe a shield. I'm not sure what that black box is for.
Old 07-26-19, 09:59 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts

I had a similar setup installed in my car and since a friend of mine owned me a favor I didn't have to pay for the installation. The best advice I can give you is just to take it into an audio shop. They will probably only charge between $100 -$200 for the install and most shops include the wiring kit. Also, keep in mind you will hear feedback from the subs once installed due to the ANC. From my knowledge, there isn't a way to bypass that as of yet. I called numerous audio shops and none could help but I found that the cabin needs to be completely closed in order for the ANC to activate. Protip, if you tap the tilt-up button 2 or 3 times it will deactivate the ANC and the sunroof will remain closed.

If you are really determined to do it yourself then you have to remove the backseat in and lift the rear deck in order to gain access to the subwoofer cable. As far as the remote cable you will need to splice a cable located below the dashboard but I'm not sure which one it is. You will only need one speaker input since the amp and subs are mono. Once everything is installed and working you will come across another issue which is the whole trunk, rear deck, and gas lid will rattle. I bought some sound deadening material to help with that issue and hope to install it soon.
Old 07-28-19, 01:25 AM
monorph
Driver School Candidate

So what is an ANC? is that Active Noise Cancelling feature? And if that is the case where do you tap the tilt up u referring to the sunroof button?
I decided to take on this project myself by the way.... So far so good, but I think Im going to buy some sound dampening. Also I was thinking on running the signal cable from the fuse under driver side to the back.
Old 07-28-19, 01:26 AM
monorph
Driver School Candidate

Today I started the fun little project, I already ran power cable from front and so on. Now Im trying to figure out where to connect the audio source from. I have 2 options basically.

Option 1: Connect a cable directly from the factory sub cable right into the AMP. But I dont know if that is going to draw power away from the new amp.
Optioon 2: Install a LOC (LC2) from the Rear speakers connection before the factory amp. Then feed that into the New AMP.

What do you guys think is the best option?
The following users liked this post:
JordanPers (03-18-20)
Old 07-28-19, 09:34 AM
95bat
Racer

I think the LOC will give a higher output voltage than low level speaker connections, plus more tunability. I would do the LOC for sure, especially since you're already in there running a power wire. I don't think you need a turn on though, most of them these days turn on when they sense a signal. I think you just splice into the factory speaker, run wire to the LOC, give it power, and you're set.

Did you already buy all the Rockford stuff?

Also, Yes, ANC is Active Noise Cancelling. Kalel has had some trouble eliminating it with his install. Somebody used to make a module that fixed that for GM Bose equipped vehicles, I wonder if something exists for Lexus too.
Old 07-28-19, 10:30 AM
monorph
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, yeah Im going to do that with the LOC instead. Also regarding ANC, I researched all about it all morning and I think the best thing to do is to disconnect the signal that goes into the amp for ANC. Its 6 pin cables that are BR-G-L-R-W-Y from the G12 connector that goes into the amp.
1Priest (06-09-22)
Old 07-29-19, 09:36 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Today I started the fun little project, I already ran power cable from front and so on. Now Im trying to figure out where to connect the audio source from. I have 2 options basically.

Option 1: Connect a cable directly from the factory sub cable right into the AMP. But I dont know if that is going to draw power away from the new amp.
Optioon 2: Install a LOC (LC2) from the Rear speakers connection before the factory amp. Then feed that into the New AMP.

What do you guys think is the best option?
Either option should work.

I did some work on her over the weekend and noticed the right rear panel vibrates a lot more than the left one. I'm assuming the gas section helps dissipate the bass. I added sound deadening material to the gas lid and both tail lights. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy it was to remove them, simply held on by two screws and a couple of clips. Also, I found out the black box next to the factory sub is the housing for the middle seatbelt.

The sunroof tilt is located on the left-hand side of the SOS button. By lightly tapping it 2 or 3 times it will disable the ANC and the sunroof remains closes. I have even washed my car without setting it down and didn't find any leaks. Also, I turned off the notifications on Lexus Enform for the sunroof since the vehicle thinks it's open.
Old 07-29-19, 03:35 PM
monorph
Driver School Candidate

Life saver with that tip about the ANC.
I actually finished my setup yesterday and haven't been able to disconnect the ANC cables from the pins yet. One thing I dont understand is why does the subwoofer goes to full power when I shut down the vehicle for like 3 seconds then shutoff. I seems to be because of the ANC but I do have the door open as well and it still makes that sound. Its quite annoying lol.

Also with the sound dampening pads, can you post a couple of pictures on how they look installed? That is definitely my next move, specially the gas tank door, it rattles quite alot and I thing the rear tray too.
Old 07-31-19, 10:12 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Life saver with that tip about the ANC.
I actually finished my setup yesterday and haven't been able to disconnect the ANC cables from the pins yet. One thing I dont understand is why does the subwoofer goes to full power when I shut down the vehicle for like 3 seconds then shutoff. I seems to be because of the ANC but I do have the door open as well and it still makes that sound. Its quite annoying lol.

Also with the sound dampening pads, can you post a couple of pictures on how they look installed? That is definitely my next move, specially the gas tank door, it rattles quite alot and I thing the rear tray too.
My subs have a constant low hum when the ANC is on and it's only audible when there isn't any music playing.

I didn't take any pictures of the tail lights but I'll make sure to take some when I install the sound deadening material in the trunk.

Old 08-25-19, 10:03 AM
Roy2019
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you guys have any updated pictures or info regarding your audio updates? I'm very curious to see how they turned out. I plan on upgrading my Pioneer system as well. However, I'm planing to replace the stock sub in the rear deck with a new 10" sub and install an amp (sounds simple...lol). Did anyone upgrade door speakers on the Pioneer system yet?
Old 08-25-19, 04:51 PM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by Roy2019
Do you guys have any updated pictures or info regarding your audio updates? I'm very curious to see how they turned out. I plan on upgrading my Pioneer system as well. However, I'm planing to replace the stock sub in the rear deck with a new 10" sub and install an amp (sounds simple...lol). Did anyone upgrade door speakers on the Pioneer system yet?
If you're replacing the stock 10 you might want to build a little MDF surround for support and make sure you buy an sub designed for IB.
Roy2019 (08-26-19)
Old 06-09-22, 03:42 PM
1Priest
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks, yeah Im going to do that with the LOC instead. Also regarding ANC, I researched all about it all morning and I think the best thing to do is to disconnect the signal that goes into the amp for ANC. Its 6 pin cables that are BR-G-L-R-W-Y from the G12 connector that goes into the amp.
Can anyone confirm if this method worked? Thank you in advance. 🙏
Old 06-14-22, 01:47 PM
doncmleon
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Priest
Can anyone confirm if this method worked? Thank you in advance. 🙏
It worked for me, but I think it depends on what yr your car is. I have a 2019

Just unplugged the middle connector on the amp. No more feedback
1Priest (06-14-22)

Quick Reply: How to Install a Sub with an Amp in my 2019 ES350