ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

New Lexus Remote App

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-19 | 11:02 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Default New Lexus Remote App

The app to access remote start has been replaced. The old one may no longer function at some point. Question - I downloaded the new app but cant figure out how to change vehicles. The old app option was "Manage Vehicles" and the VINs registered can be selected there. Anyone have any experience with the new app in this regard?
Old 09-21-19 | 11:33 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikemu30
The app to access remote start has been replaced. The old one may no longer function at some point. Question - I downloaded the new app but cant figure out how to change vehicles. The old app option was "Manage Vehicles" and the VINs registered can be selected there. Anyone have any experience with the new app in this regard?
When did this change Mike? I didn't hear or receive anything about it. I used the Enform Remote today and it worked OK. Did the name of the app change and if so, what is the new name...
Old 09-21-19 | 12:20 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by bc6152
When did this change Mike? I didn't hear or receive anything about it. I used the Enform Remote today and it worked OK. Did the name of the app change and if so, what is the new name...
It was a long time ago. I downloaded the old app at first because my old android smartphone is not supported by the new app. The old app only works for cars that are about 5 years old.
Old 09-21-19 | 12:41 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DavidZ
It was a long time ago. I downloaded the old app at first because my old android smartphone is not supported by the new app. The old app only works for cars that are about 5 years old.
Not true. It still works on our 17 and 19 cars.
Old 09-21-19 | 12:43 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I believe it was recently. When I opened it this morning, a message appeared saying its been replaced and the old one is no longer supported. Instead of Lexus Enform, this one is just called Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
nightdiff (09-25-19)
Old 09-21-19 | 12:53 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

I believe it was recently. When I opened it this morning, a message appeared saying its been replaced and the old one is no longer supported. Instead of Lexus Enform, this one is just called Lexus.
That's strange. I just opened my Lexus Enform Remote app and didn't get that message. In fact, I used the app yesterday to lock my doors.
Old 09-21-19 | 01:25 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

That's strange. I just opened my Lexus Enform Remote app and didn't get that message. In fact, I used the app yesterday to lock my doors.
I use the app "Lexus Enform 2.0" for my car. I also used mine just today and received no message. I started the car with my smartphone...
Old 09-21-19 | 01:48 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

I use the app "Lexus Enform 2.0" for my car. I also used mine just today and received no message. I started the car with my smartphone...
Bob,
I think you are mixing up 2 different Enform apps. There is the Enform App Suite (original version for 2018 or older Lexus vehicles and Enform 2.0 for 2019 Lexus vehicles). That is that app that contains apps like IHeartRadio. Then, there is the Enform Remote app. That is the one that you would use to remote start the car, lock the doors, etc.
Old 09-21-19 | 02:07 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lesz
Bob,
I think you are mixing up 2 different Enform apps. There is the Enform App Suite (original version for 2018 or older Lexus vehicles and Enform 2.0 for 2019 Lexus vehicles). That is that app that contains apps like IHeartRadio. Then, there is the Enform Remote app. That is the one that you would use to remote start the car, lock the doors, etc.
Correct - Im referring to the remote app and not the one with streaming radio etc.
Old 09-21-19 | 02:23 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

I just tested mine and it appears to be working fine as well. Perhaps they are just gradually phasing the old one out and it hasn’t been pushed to our account yet? Jeez, as tricky as it was to get both cars working in the current remote app, I do not look forward to this changeover.
Old 09-21-19 | 02:40 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

That doesn't sound like a roll out. It says the old one is no longer supported. Where did you download the "new app" from?
Old 09-21-19 | 03:09 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lesz
Bob,
You're right Les. Thanks... Sometimes don't know if I'm coming or going...
Old 09-21-19 | 04:09 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

That doesn't sound like a roll out. It says the old one is no longer supported. Where did you download the "new app" from?
Sounds like it may be a scam of some kind. So far, 3 people have posted that they used the Lexus Enform Remote app recently and haven't had any issues or warnings. Also, I looked in the Apple app store and the Lexus Enform Remote app is there for download and there's no other Lexus remote app.
Old 09-21-19 | 05:18 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Sounds like it may be a scam of some kind. So far, 3 people have posted that they used the Lexus Enform Remote app recently and haven't had any issues or warnings. Also, I looked in the Apple app store and the Lexus Enform Remote app is there for download and there's no other Lexus remote app.
In the Apple store there is one simply called “Lexus” that contains some of the normal remote application features/options. Given the awkward design of that app I sincerely hope it isn’t a replacement for the current app. It would certainly be a step backward.
Old 09-21-19 | 05:29 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by TechNut
In the Apple store there is one simply called “Lexus” that contains some of the normal remote application features/options. Given the awkward design of that app I sincerely hope it isn’t a replacement for the current app. It would certainly be a step backward.
If you're talking about the Lexus RES+ app, that's the old app before the Lexus Enform Remote. Check out the reviews. They're all 3 and 4 years ago. I downloaded that app when I first got my 2019 ES because my android smartphone has an old OS that the Lexus Enform Remote app no longer supports. When I installed it, the drop down menus for selecting your car were all models that were 4 or more years old.

Quick Reply: New Lexus Remote App