ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Any ES owners come from GS350?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-19, 10:00 AM
fugee
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any ES owners come from GS350?

Curious if any ES 7th Gen owners came from a 4th Gen GS and if you think it was a good decision or any other advice?
Old 09-25-19, 10:37 AM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes I just got my ES f sport few weeks ago I'm coming from a 2016 GS F sport one of the reasons I traded my GS it's because the depreciation of car was just crazy the car was looseing so much value and I had five more years to pay on it don't get me wrong I love my GS the tech was a little outdated now I was looking into getting an 2019 GS with some more options like heads up display triple beam headlights maybe some Mark Levinson the price was too damn High It would not include any Apple carplay or Android auto it was exactly the same car as what I had.

So after driving the 2019 ES350 F SPORT dam that car is smooth as butter and and all the the options I wanted plus much more it's also $7,000 cheaper than the GS F sport. Now i know what your thinking it's front wheel drive all I can say is Lexus done a really good job balancing that car it ride much better them the GS. My opinion.

One things to note for some reason not all the ES F Sport models have the S. Plus variable suspension option make sure if you get the F Sport model make sure to check that I'll. Post my sticker later today so to can see the options total price 53k
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (10-11-19)
Old 09-25-19, 03:04 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by lovemyGSFS
Yes I just got my ES f sport few weeks ago I'm coming from a 2016 GS F sport one of the reasons I traded my GS it's because the depreciation of car was just crazy the car was looseing so much value and I had five more years to pay on it don't get me wrong I love my GS the tech was a little outdated now I was looking into getting an 2019 GS with some more options like heads up display triple beam headlights maybe some Mark Levinson the price was too damn High It would not include any Apple carplay or Android auto it was exactly the same car as what I had.

So after driving the 2019 ES350 F SPORT dam that car is smooth as butter and and all the the options I wanted plus much more it's also $7,000 cheaper than the GS F sport. Now i know what your thinking it's front wheel drive all I can say is Lexus done a really good job balancing that car it ride much better them the GS. My opinion.

One things to note for some reason not all the ES F Sport models have the S. Plus variable suspension option make sure if you get the F Sport model make sure to check that I'll. Post my sticker later today so to can see the options total price 53k
True and I specifically searched for and ES FSport WITHOUT AVS. Not important to me and I dont want the complexity as the car ages.
Old 09-25-19, 06:39 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

...So after driving the 2019 ES350 F SPORT dam that car is smooth as butter...
You got that right!

Now i know what your thinking it's front wheel drive all I can say is Lexus done a really good job balancing that car it ride much better them the GS. My opinion.
I've never driven a GS, but that's quite a statement.

Yes, the 2019 ES comes together extremely well. I'm extremely pleased and impressed. As soon as I drove it, I knew it was special.
Old 09-27-19, 12:05 PM
BobES2019
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

My ES F-sport did not come with with the variable suspension sport+ feature. I would probably have ordered it if I had known better. I mistakingly thought all f-sports came with it. But I really cannot tell the difference between the normal and sport mode on mine. Can you tell the difference when you use the sport+ mode?

2019 Lexus ES F-sport (luv it)
2004 Lexus LS 430 UL (retired after 15 years of great service)
2001 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic (melted in CA wildfire)
1997 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide (melted in CA wildfire)
1995 Lexus LS 400 UL (melted in CA wildfire)
1982 Toyota Supra (melted in CA wildfire)
Note: Cars are easily replaceable - we were not hurt in fire.
Old 09-27-19, 12:23 PM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Yeah i was told by My salesman that was pretty knowledgeable in the vehicle otherwise i may not have Purchased the car. And to answer your question yes the Steering and suspension tightens up in the S+ mode just like my GS and What is surprising is it handles very well for front wheel drive vehicle I really wasn’t impressed with the GS breaking or handling the GS probably delivers power around corners a lot better because it’s all wheel drive but not that much And that may be due to the ES being a lot lower to the ground that it handles very well.

And now that I think about it after looking on the lot they didn’t have not one F sport that had the option mine had to be brought over from another Lexus dealer That had my color combination and all the options that I wanted
Old 09-27-19, 12:47 PM
BobES2019
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah i was told by My salesman that was pretty knowledgeable in the vehicle otherwise i may not have Purchased the car. And to answer your question yes the Steering and suspension tightens up in the S+ mode just like my GS and What is surprising is it handles very well for front wheel drive vehicle I really wasn’t impressed with the GS breaking or handling the GS probably delivers power around corners a lot better because it’s all wheel drive but not that much And that may be due to the ES being a lot lower to the ground that it handles very well.

And now that I think about it after looking on the lot they didn’t have not one F sport that had the option mine had to be brought over from another Lexus dealer That had my color combination and all the options that I wanted
So, as I previously said, my F-sport does not have the sport+ mode. I do not notice any difference between normal and regular sport mode. Does anybody?
Old 09-27-19, 01:53 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Sort of. I came from a GS. I went into the dealer to buy another GS but fell totally in love with the ES. It's larger, roomier, drives better (I'm not a road racer) and if you get ultra luxury is more luxurious IMO. Plus the GS body and engineering are getting a bit old.
No regrets.
Old 09-27-19, 03:36 PM
fugee
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the feedback everyone. i'm debating between a preowned 2016+ GS fsport and the ES fsport.
Old 09-27-19, 03:41 PM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by fugee
thanks for the feedback everyone. i'm debating between a preowned 2016+ GS fsport and the ES fsport.
Hands down the ES! The interior in the GS is too outdated, just sad really since it's also a nice looking car.
Old 09-29-19, 10:52 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

I remember when you made the switch, no lie about the deprecation I have a 2013 GS no f-sport Brought used a couple years ago. I have been in debate about the ES F-sport and the RX but have been so hung up on AWD vs FWD. Also you mention a good point its hard to find the ES FSport with S+ , thats the only one I would get, plus the ES takes regular gas compared to premium in the GS. How is the noise in F sport? I still want some engine noise I don't want it too quiet.