ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Lexus Roadside Assistance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-20, 01:53 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
But I have to find a local tow company or gas station that does roadside calls, vs just calling Lexus Roadside or AAA. It’s just something that would never even occur to me to do.
Why do you make me repeat myself so much? As I said before, it's not that hard. Give me a freaking break!

I would venture to say very few people call directly for such help either, they go through a roadside outlet...so there won’t be a ton of direct calls getting in front of you anyways.
You need to read the articles and the reviews I posted much more carefully and you wouldn't make me repeat myself so much.

If these companies hate AAA And other roadside services so much why do they take their calls?
C'mon. You're not THAT dumb. They have no other choice. AAA is practically a monopoly.

Its just not that important to me to be “first”. If they’re busy, I can wait.
No, thanks. Like I said before a few times, I don't want second class service and I'm willing to pay for first class service, particularly when I'm in such need.
Old 08-30-20, 01:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Sorry, you're just not going to convince me. To me its just not worth the hassle to call around for a direct source, roadside assistance services work fine in the rare occasions I need them. Even if I have to wait a little, it doesnt bother me. If you feel differently and you would rather call around to have "first class service" then do so. I'm not making you repeat yourself, I just don't agree with you. Repeating yourself over and over isn't going to change my mind.

As for calling me dumb, that reflects on you not on me. Lets be mature. Especially when you failed to quote the back half of my comment about why services continue to use AAA, which explained exactly what you accused me of not understanding:

If these companies hate AAA And other roadside services so much why do they take their calls? Because everybody calls those services and without them they wouldn’t have any business.
In other words, they have to because thats what all their customers use. My point was, if 99% of customers are calling through AAA who are these "paying customers" who are sneaking ahead of me in line?

Last edited by SW17LS; 08-30-20 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-30-20, 02:08 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

My point was, if 99% of customers are calling through AAA who are these "paying customers" who are sneaking ahead of me in line?
What part of this quote don't you understand?

While most tow companies agree that the roadside assistance services provided by clubs like AAA benefit the customer, they say those lower-paying calls can fall to the wayside during snowstorms....Clark's Towing owner Bob Clark said he has picked up many stranded AAA customers during storms who had been waiting for hours because the designated contractor for that area is busy and other companies don't want to take the job.
Old 08-30-20, 02:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

We’re just going to need to agree to disagree. Disagreeing with you doesn’t mean I don’t understand. I just don’t agree.
Old 08-30-20, 02:43 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

We’re just going to need to agree to disagree. Disagreeing with you doesn’t mean I don’t understand. I just don’t agree.
It's not a matter of disagreeing. Clearly we disagree. However, you wouldn't pose this question...

My point was, if 99% of customers are calling through AAA who are these "paying customers" who are sneaking ahead of me in line?
...if you read the quote. Particularly, since you originally responded to that quote with...

I’m not refuting that. It makes perfect sense,
Old 08-30-20, 02:56 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

I tried searching to find out how many AAA tow trucks are independent vs. AAA owned and operated. I couldn't find any data on point, but I did find this article with this quote:

AAA is a group of more than 50 independently operated motor clubs with a total membership of 52 million. Each motor club works with local towing companies to provide roadside assistance with its members, and has a reciprocal agreement with every other motor club. Some AAA clubs cover metro areas with their own tow trucks and use private towing companies to cover the rest of the area they handle.
..which seems to imply that the majority are independently owned and operated.
Old 08-30-20, 03:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Dude, just drop it.

it makes sense that independent tow companies would do direct work first in a crazy busy time like a snowstorm. I just don’t care. Those extreme situations are really rare, and I doubt many people are calling places directly anyways vs going through a service, so it doesn’t likely make much difference. I’ve never had an issue getting roadside to respond within an hour, and that’s reasonable IMO.

And of course, a tow company would say that because they want you to call directly so they make more money. They’re not going to say “just call AAA they’re great, don’t bother calling us directly”
Old 08-31-20, 09:06 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

LOL...WOW... and here I thought someone else was the drama queen. Great job gentlemen, you have proved me wrong.
Old 08-31-20, 09:07 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Plenty of drama queens to go around lol
Old 08-31-20, 09:14 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,567 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Dude, just drop it.

it makes sense that independent tow companies would do direct work first in a crazy busy time like a snowstorm. I just don’t care. Those extreme situations are really rare, and I doubt many people are calling places directly anyways vs going through a service, so it doesn’t likely make much difference. I’ve never had an issue getting roadside to respond within an hour, and that’s reasonable IMO.

And of course, a tow company would say that because they want you to call directly so they make more money. They’re not going to say “just call AAA they’re great, don’t bother calling us directly”
What do I do now that I've run out of popcorn??
Old 08-31-20, 10:53 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
What do I do now that I've run out of popcorn??
Go get some more popcorn and pull up the "should I change my transmission oil? Lexus says it's permanent"...
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (08-31-20)