ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Lexus Roadside Assistance?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-19, 02:06 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Lexus Roadside Assistance?

Is Lexus Roadside Assistance any good or should I keep my AAA? How does it work? Is the app any good? necessary? TIA.
Old 09-27-19, 02:43 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,567 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ
Is Lexus Roadside Assistance any good or should I keep my AAA? How does it work? Is the app any good? necessary? TIA.
Never had to use it but presume it works just like AAA. Get a flat, call the number and they come change it. I have AAA, roadside through my insurance and the Lexus perq as well.
The following users liked this post:
AnthonyMJ (09-29-19)
Old 09-27-19, 03:00 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

I cancelled my AAA about 20 years ago after being a member for about 20 years.

The reason I cancelled relates to an experience I had with them. There was a bad snow storm and my battery died. I called them and they said it would take about 45 minutes. After 2 hours, I called them and asked why it's taking so long and the guy told me they had to take paying customers first. I decided to cancel AAA and be a paying customer going forward.
AnthonyMJ (09-29-19)
Old 09-27-19, 03:15 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

I actually like the Lexus Roadside Assistance. My '17 GX460 locked up couple months ago when my wife dropped my kid at school. The 4WD locked at low so the car barely move. I called them and let them know where the car at, they sent a towing truck to take my car to the nearest dealership (80 miles away) in less than 10 minutes. On the way to the dealership, they kept calling me to make sure I was good as well as my car was well taken care of. It was a great service that Lexus provides and support their customers.

Last edited by ChrisPh; 09-27-19 at 03:18 PM.
AnthonyMJ (09-29-19)
Old 09-27-19, 03:15 PM
BobES2019
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I also have AAA for other vehicles. The basic AAA plan only tows you 7 miles per incident. After that it gets expensive. I learned the hard way with my Jeep.You can upgrade your AAA plan to get more miles per incident. I wonder if the Lexus Roadside Assistance tows you to the nearest Toyota or Lexus Dealership? If so, I think it would be way better.
AnthonyMJ (09-29-19)
Old 09-28-19, 11:33 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 877 Likes on 661 Posts

OP's second question regards the Lexus Roadside Assistance USA app. Yes it is nice and easy to use.
Download, OK to show location while using App, no log-ins or passwords, free! Your phone knows where
you are, the app knows where all the dealers are and there is a link to the 800-25LEXUS number.
AnthonyMJ (09-29-19)
Old 09-28-19, 03:29 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BobES2019
I also have AAA for other vehicles. The basic AAA plan only tows you 7 miles per incident. After that it gets expensive. I learned the hard way with my Jeep.You can upgrade your AAA plan to get more miles per incident. I wonder if the Lexus Roadside Assistance tows you to the nearest Toyota or Lexus Dealership? If so, I think it would be way better.
AAAPlus for a few bucks more good for 100 mile tow.
AnthonyMJ (09-29-19)
Old 09-30-19, 08:24 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

We just joined AAA so we would have emergency service on our RX. I would cancel if I thought we could use Lexus for it, but I couldn't find anything to tell me I could.
Old 09-30-19, 04:31 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
We just joined AAA so we would have emergency service on our RX. I would cancel if I thought we could use Lexus for it, but I couldn't find anything to tell me I could.
Roadside Assistance automatically protects Lexus owners across the Continental U.S., Alaska and Canada with emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days per year for 4 years on a NEW vehicle and 2 years/unlimited miles on a L/Certified vehicle based on the vehicle's original date of purchase.

https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answ...-assistance%3F

signdetres (10-01-19)
Old 09-30-19, 06:01 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

Roadside Assistance automatically protects Lexus owners across the Continental U.S., Alaska and Canada with emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days per year for 4 years on a NEW vehicle and 2 years/unlimited miles on a L/Certified vehicle based on the vehicle's original date of purchase.

https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answ...-assistance%3F
This is a little confusing to me. As I understand it, “Safety Connect” includes the roadside assistance, but my Safety Connect is good for ten years. This would seem to suggest that roadside assistance is actually included for ten years in spite of what the link shows. So which is it, four years or ten years?

Last edited by TechNut; 10-01-19 at 09:25 AM. Reason: corrected "two" years to the "four years on a NEW vehicle," as stated in link
Old 10-01-19, 06:24 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Woodrow
What is Lexus Roadside Assistance?

Lexus Roadside Assistance was developed specifically to meet the Lexus owner's expectations anytime, virtually anywhere, with a national network of roadside service providers.

Roadside Assistance includes services such as a battery jump-start, tire change, lockout and fuel delivery and towing to the nearest Lexus dealership or an alternative repair facility, if necessary.

Enrollment in a paid Safety Connect Subscription includes Roadside Assistance, with an "Enhanced" capability that provides your vehicle's GPS coordinates directly to your Safety Connect response center agent and to Roadside Assistance. For more information, click HERE.

If you should find yourself in need of Roadside Assistance please do one of the following:

1) Call 1-800-25-LEXUS (1-800-255-3987), Prompt 1

2) Launch the Lexus Roadside Assistance App, and your smartphone's GPS sensor (cellular and Wi-Fi positioning can also be used) will pinpoint your latitude/longitude (lat/long) location.

The app makes it easy to initiate a call with Lexus Roadside Assistance, 24/7/365. Once connected, a Lexus Roadside agent can then use your coordinates to quickly and accurately dispatch a Roadside Assistance vehicle. The app also pinpoints nearby Lexus dealerships with their contact information so you can locate a Lexus Dealer even when you are traveling.

3) Regardless of years of ownership or mileage on the vehicle, if you have an active Safety Connect subscription utilize the Enhanced Roadside Assistance by pressing the "SOS" button to reach the response center and the agent can provide you with a wide range of needs like towing, flat tire repair and fuel delivery just to name a few.
Old 10-01-19, 10:22 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

It is my understanding that there is not a separate "Lexus Roadside Assistance" subscription that you can obtain. Is that your understanding as well. As I understand it, the Roadside Assistance is part of the Safety Connect subscription. So that is why I am confused, as the Safety Connect is included for ten years on all new vehicles, but the Lexus Roadside Assistance is only included for the first four of those ten years. If the roadside assistance is part of Safety Connect, shouldn't it be active for ten years? This just seems a bit contradictory to me. If they truly expire at different times, they should be separate services.

Also, AAA has different towing ranges depending on which level of membership you have. The Lexus Roadside Assistance simply states "to the nearest Lexus dealership or an alternative repair facility, if necessary" so I presume there are no mileage limitations for the Lexus Roadside assistance.

Bottom line as I understand it, AAA covers you for any car you happen to be driving, with towing based on mileage limitations of your membership, but the Lexus membership covers this particular vehicle (regardless of driver) but without any mileage limitations. The Lexus Roadside Assistance seems to be active for four years regardless of the length of Safety Connect, and of course AAA is based on an annual renewal. So there is some overlap, but I'm not sure I would cancel a AAA membership just because I purchased a new Lexus vehicle. The AAA membership includes more than just roadside assistance so this is not a direct comparison of course. I am just trying to make sure I understand the pros and cons of each, and whether it makes sense for me to keep AAA.
Old 10-01-19, 10:52 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

The times I have used Lexus Roadside Assistance they have just sent AAA,
Old 10-01-19, 01:55 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TechNut
It is my understanding that there is not a separate "Lexus Roadside Assistance" subscription that you can obtain. Is that your understanding as well. As I understand it, the Roadside Assistance is part of the Safety Connect subscription. So that is why I am confused, as the Safety Connect is included for ten years on all new vehicles, but the Lexus Roadside Assistance is only included for the first four of those ten years. If the roadside assistance is part of Safety Connect, shouldn't it be active for ten years? This just seems a bit contradictory to me. If they truly expire at different times, they should be separate services.

Also, AAA has different towing ranges depending on which level of membership you have. The Lexus Roadside Assistance simply states "to the nearest Lexus dealership or an alternative repair facility, if necessary" so I presume there are no mileage limitations for the Lexus Roadside assistance.

Bottom line as I understand it, AAA covers you for any car you happen to be driving, with towing based on mileage limitations of your membership, but the Lexus membership covers this particular vehicle (regardless of driver) but without any mileage limitations. The Lexus Roadside Assistance seems to be active for four years regardless of the length of Safety Connect, and of course AAA is based on an annual renewal. So there is some overlap, but I'm not sure I would cancel a AAA membership just because I purchased a new Lexus vehicle. The AAA membership includes more than just roadside assistance so this is not a direct comparison of course. I am just trying to make sure I understand the pros and cons of each, and whether it makes sense for me to keep AAA.
What else does AAA give you - trip tiks? 😎 Ive had AAA for years but may cancel it this year. I also have roadside through my insurance so three plans overkill.
Old 10-01-19, 02:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

AAA gives you discounts on hotels, etc that are pretty good. If you dont use them then its not that worthwhile.

Double check your insurance roadside coverage to make sure its similar, its often not.

Quick Reply: Lexus Roadside Assistance?