ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2020 ES What color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-19, 12:32 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

Atomic Silver is a very special Lexus color. The color changes based on the lighting. I see three colors in the picture.
The following 2 users liked this post by ChrisPh:
signdetres (10-29-19), UncleMoney (10-31-19)
Old 10-30-19, 11:35 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

My favorite color had been the Atomic Silver as well, but there are so many of them around now. My wife liked the Moonbeam Beige Metallic, so obviously since she is the principal driver, that is what we got. The color seems to change based on lighting as well. Sometimes looks silver.

We have had several positive comments on the color (also had a couple of folks ask if it is the LS), and it has now become my favorite Lexus color. Interior is the Chateau w/ Linear Dark Mocha Wood. Looks very classy, and not as many around.
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (10-30-19)
Old 10-30-19, 11:41 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by wasjr
My favorite color had been the Atomic Silver as well, but there are so many of them around now. My wife liked the Moonbeam Beige Metallic, so obviously since she is the principal driver, that is what we got. The color seems to change based on lighting as well. Sometimes looks silver.

We have had several positive comments on the color (also had a couple of folks ask if it is the LS), and it has now become my favorite Lexus color. Interior is the Chateau w/ Linear Dark Mocha Wood. Looks very classy, and not as many around.
Your exterior and interior colors were my second choice over Atomic Silver and Flaxen... During gen 6 your color was Satin Cashmere. Good choice and happy wife - happy life...
Old 10-30-19, 06:51 PM
UKEE
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

By the way, am I the only one with (and who likes) the body side moldings?
LexNYC83 (05-18-20)
Old 10-30-19, 08:37 PM
UncleMoney
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UKEE

that interior is amazing. What is that combo?
Old 10-31-19, 03:24 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,133 Likes on 733 Posts

My choices would be atomic silver, white and silver lining in that order. Both our ES and RX are silver lining. Wanted atomic silver when purchasing both but with my circumstances none were available. Color is a personal choice but would never buy a dark color. They are way to hard to keep clean and you will forever be dealing with swirl marks. Don't be allured by the colors in the showroom cleaned and wax under the lights. Go out on the lot and look at the colors on the cars that have been in the environment. Someone posted this on another thread and just 100% spot on.

There’s nothing sexier than a shiny, clean black car. Nothing!
There is nothing LESS sexy than a dusty, or dirty, or scratched black car. Nothing!

When you’re looking for a new car, the black one will seduce you. You’ll look at that model in another color, think about being practical, but the black one will wink at you. Tip its chin. Purr, “Hey baby… I want you inside me.” Walk away NOW, or you’ll take it for a test drive. When you get into a black car for the first time, you’ll feel dangerously sexier than you ever felt in your whole life. Your inner panther will roar. You’ll tingle in places you forgot you had. You’ll like it. And, chances are - you’ll buy it. The other cars just won’t make you tingle like that. Your only protection is to never get behind the wheel of a black car in the first place. Just walk away, and life will be uncomplicated. But, you’ll always wonder…what if.

A thin film of dust becomes luminescent on a black car. Every single spot of anything, even dried sterile water, stands out like a goober zit on prom night. At first, it will disturb and upset you so much that you’ll wash your car immediately. And…then it’ll be dusty again before you even finish drying it. An unknown little fact: Black cars only stay clean for a mere 42 seconds. But, they are the sexiest 42 seconds you’ll ever know. Because of that 42 second rush, you’ll wash your black baby faithfully every weekend. For the first year anyway. And then, all those scratches and swirls you put in the paint taking care of your baby will erode your resolve. You’ll start skipping. People will stare at your car in disgust, and make all sorts of judgments about your sloppiness. You'll scream things at them like; 'Shut up - I just washed this damn car 15 minutes ago.' Of course, you could always buy the black car and make it a garage queen...and never drive it. That's really smart! But hey, it will still get dusty...and all scratched up by you carefully hand washing it.

If you’ve never owned a black car - you may want to admire them from afar, with someone else dealing with all that goes with owning a black car. But...maybe you're the kind of guy that is 'up for the job'. Because maybe you have loads of time and energy to deal with it. If so, you either don't have a job, or a wife, or a girlfriend (or both!), or children...or a even a life!

A scratch on a black car means only one thing - extreme sadness. Be prepared, because you will have zillions of tiny scratches all over your black beauty. You know what color the car is underneath that glossy black? White. You know what scratches black cars? Car washes. Yes, you must always wash it by hand, or that slick black paint will be gouged with zillions of little white arcs where the car wash spinners hit it. Oh, but guess what? If you even touch your paint when you hand wash it - you too will also be putting zillions of scratches in the paint. It simply cannot be avoided. A scratched-up black car is not sexy. Don’t let your black car go like that. Don’t let it get all scratched up because you’re too lazy to wash it by hand either. Or, because it's too cold. Or, you don't have the time. Nothing is worse looking than a black car with white swirl rainbows in the black paint that is supposed to be like a fine mirror finish. Be prepared to buy thousands of dollars worth of products and tools to keep it decent looking. Are you ready to wash/clean, strip, clay, polish and wax/coat on a regular basis? All to see it looking less than sexy again as soon as you drive it around the block.

You will park under a tree only once where birds are known to perch. It will only take you one time to park under the trees in a parking lot notorious for attracting flocks of pooping birds to learn this lesson the hard way. If the bird poop remains for more than an hour on that soft black finish the paint becomes acid etched for sure, which will add nicely to all those swirls and scratches.

Black cars aren’t just hot, they are HOT. Getting into a black car on an average summer day is like getting inside a Weber barbecue with the coals at a perfect red glow. If you like to wear shorts, get used to the smell of bacon frying. It takes longer for the A/C to put out the fire.

Other than that - enjoy your black car!
Hanky (10-31-19)
Old 10-31-19, 03:44 AM
UKEE
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleMoney
that interior is amazing. What is that combo?
Atomic Silver exterior with black Interior / bamboo interior wood trim. Absolutely love it.
UncleMoney (10-31-19)
Old 10-31-19, 07:00 AM
jpreslee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the atomic silver and love it. In fact, I have probably had more comments from people saying how much they like that color than any other car that I have owned. Certain colors look better on certain cars and that color looks good on the ES... in my opinion. And oh, the chateau interior for me. The black is too hot in the Oklahoma summer heat and the Flaxen too orangey like.
Good luck and great car!
Old 10-31-19, 08:47 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks the steering wheel is unattractive? It's almost like they couldn't decide which material to use and at the end just went with both.
TechNut (10-31-19)
Old 10-31-19, 09:10 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430
My choices would be atomic silver, white and silver lining in that order. Both our ES and RX are silver lining. Wanted atomic silver when purchasing both but with my circumstances none were available. Color is a personal choice but would never buy a dark color. They are way to hard to keep clean and you will forever be dealing with swirl marks. Don't be allured by the colors in the showroom cleaned and wax under the lights. Go out on the lot and look at the colors on the cars that have been in the environment. Someone posted this on another thread and just 100% spot on.

There is nothing LESS sexy than a dusty, or dirty, or scratched black car. Nothing!

When you’re looking for a new car, the black one will seduce you. You’ll look at that model in another color, think about being practical, but the black one will wink at you. Tip its chin. Purr, “Hey baby… I want you inside me.” Walk away NOW, or you’ll take it for a test drive. When you get into a black car for the first time, you’ll feel dangerously sexier than you ever felt in your whole life. Your inner panther will roar. You’ll tingle in places you forgot you had. You’ll like it. And, chances are - you’ll buy it. The other cars just won’t make you tingle like that. Your only protection is to never get behind the wheel of a black car in the first place. Just walk away, and life will be uncomplicated. But, you’ll always wonder…what if.

A thin film of dust becomes luminescent on a black car. Every single spot of anything, even dried sterile water, stands out like a goober zit on prom night. At first, it will disturb and upset you so much that you’ll wash your car immediately. And…then it’ll be dusty again before you even finish drying it. An unknown little fact: Black cars only stay clean for a mere 42 seconds. But, they are the sexiest 42 seconds you’ll ever know. Because of that 42 second rush, you’ll wash your black baby faithfully every weekend. For the first year anyway. And then, all those scratches and swirls you put in the paint taking care of your baby will erode your resolve. You’ll start skipping. People will stare at your car in disgust, and make all sorts of judgments about your sloppiness. You'll scream things at them like; 'Shut up - I just washed this damn car 15 minutes ago.' Of course, you could always buy the black car and make it a garage queen...and never drive it. That's really smart! But hey, it will still get dusty...and all scratched up by you carefully hand washing it.

If you’ve never owned a black car - you may want to admire them from afar, with someone else dealing with all that goes with owning a black car. But...maybe you're the kind of guy that is 'up for the job'. Because maybe you have loads of time and energy to deal with it. If so, you either don't have a job, or a wife, or a girlfriend (or both!), or children...or a even a life!

A scratch on a black car means only one thing - extreme sadness. Be prepared, because you will have zillions of tiny scratches all over your black beauty. You know what color the car is underneath that glossy black? White. You know what scratches black cars? Car washes. Yes, you must always wash it by hand, or that slick black paint will be gouged with zillions of little white arcs where the car wash spinners hit it. Oh, but guess what? If you even touch your paint when you hand wash it - you too will also be putting zillions of scratches in the paint. It simply cannot be avoided. A scratched-up black car is not sexy. Don’t let your black car go like that. Don’t let it get all scratched up because you’re too lazy to wash it by hand either. Or, because it's too cold. Or, you don't have the time. Nothing is worse looking than a black car with white swirl rainbows in the black paint that is supposed to be like a fine mirror finish. Be prepared to buy thousands of dollars worth of products and tools to keep it decent looking. Are you ready to wash/clean, strip, clay, polish and wax/coat on a regular basis? All to see it looking less than sexy again as soon as you drive it around the block.

You will park under a tree only once where birds are known to perch. It will only take you one time to park under the trees in a parking lot notorious for attracting flocks of pooping birds to learn this lesson the hard way. If the bird poop remains for more than an hour on that soft black finish the paint becomes acid etched for sure, which will add nicely to all those swirls and scratches.

Black cars aren’t just hot, they are HOT. Getting into a black car on an average summer day is like getting inside a Weber barbecue with the coals at a perfect red glow. If you like to wear shorts, get used to the smell of bacon frying. It takes longer for the A/C to put out the fire.

But … how do you really feel?

LOL - I may not have articulated my sentiments quite this way, but I do happen to agree with you. Black is really beautiful but it is a hobby color and best for someone with a lot of free time. Personally, after our last ES, I feel the same way about the interior colors. The black interior also shows every smudge from someone touching it, and it shows every spot of dust. Our last ES was Atomic Silver with black interior, and our new one is Atomic Silver with Chateau interior. You can tell we really liked the Atomic Silver... What I don't like about the new ES is the black (Ebony I believe) wood trim. While in this case it isn't hard to care for, it just doesn't stand out. You can only tell it is even wood when the sun hits it just right - normally it simply "appears" as a shiny black trim. It might as well have been hard plastic for all the attitude it adds to the interior of the car.
Old 10-31-19, 09:14 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

I cannot answer your question for anyone except myself. I love the idea of the moldings and the protection they offer, but I don't like the appearance. I prefer the clean sides of the car and think the moldings hurt the look. I can't fault anyone for adding them though.
LexFinally (03-06-22)
Old 10-31-19, 09:45 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

All subjective - the reason we have the colors we have is because that's our personal preferences. Me I always own white with black interiors - call me BORING. And I absolutely despise wood trim anywhere in a car so I went with the FSport which has the aluminum trim.
Old 10-31-19, 10:11 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

This is a fine group with a lot of suggestions on a color choice for you - but only you can and should choose the color of your new Lexus.

Good luck

Dave Mac
Old 10-31-19, 10:47 AM
UncleMoney
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Freds430

Step away from the bong...
Old 10-31-19, 10:57 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleMoney
Step away from the bong...
I've never seen a Weber BBQ with coals

Quick Reply: 2020 ES What color?