ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2020 ES What color?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-19, 07:03 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidZ
The ES F-Sport has only been around for a year. Lexus made a smart move adding the ES F-Sport because it brought you and many others to the ES.

In contrast, I've been driving an ES for more than 22 years. Welcome to the club!
A Lexus old timer😁 Congrats.
Old 11-04-19, 06:25 AM
BobES2019
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by UKEE

By the way, am I the only one with (and who likes) the body side moldings?
This is a tough one for me. I have an Atomic Silver F-sport. I purchased the same side molding that you have, but have not installed it yet. I think it looks better w/o the molding, but I frequently need to squeeze into a "compact" parking spot. As soon as I get a door ding, I will wish I had put them on. I, for one, think you made the right decision.
Old 11-04-19, 09:15 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BobES2019
This is a tough one for me. I have an Atomic Silver F-sport. I purchased the same side molding that you have, but have not installed it yet. I think it looks better w/o the molding, but I frequently need to squeeze into a "compact" parking spot. As soon as I get a door ding, I will wish I had put them on. I, for one, think you made the right decision.
How about door edge guards instead?? Lexus does a nice job with those color coordinated. Although I guess that won't protect against the fool that slam his door into yours
Old 11-04-19, 09:26 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
How about door edge guards instead?? Lexus does a nice job with those color coordinated. Although I guess that won't protect against the fool that slam his door into yours
Mine came with the door edge guards which I didn't like but quickly noticed they are very useful. The kids just push the door open without looking at what they might hit.
Old 11-05-19, 02:12 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kalel2127
Mine came with the door edge guards which I didn't like but quickly noticed they are very useful. The kids just push the door open without looking at what they might hit.
I always get the 3M Door Edge Film on my vehicles. Good protection and hardly noticeable, and minimal cost.
Old 11-15-19, 05:18 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 93LexusSC
I am considering getting a 2020 ES350 with the Ultra Luxury package. What exterior color do you all think is the best to go for?
My wife has been driving White Pearl ES's since 1991 - so mine is a definitely biased opniion
Old 03-05-22, 10:07 AM
Solana
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moonbeam/Chateau

Originally Posted by 93LexusSC
I am considering getting a 2020 ES350 with the Ultra Luxury package. What exterior color do you all think is the best to go for?
Our local dealer had all the colors lined up so when we purchased our 2020 ES 350 Ultra we could see them all together. The color that stood out to us was the Moonbeam with Chateau interior a new color for 2019. Which seemed to accentuate the beautiful lines of the car as well as the chrome, black and gray details. The Château interior looks great with the Moonbeam. I think if the word beige was removed from the color it would make it psychologically more appealing. The color is mostly silver with a yellow/greenish tint at times. We’ve had many compliments on the cars color.Lighter colors age better and show less dirt. Being that we live in costal California we needed a cooler color.
​​​​​​​

Looks great at night

Looks silver at times

Richer looking than plain silver

Last edited by Solana; 03-05-22 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-05-22, 11:33 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 952 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by Solana
Our local dealer had all the colors lined up so when we purchased our 2020 ES 350 Ultra we could see them all together. The color that stood out to us was the Moonbeam with Chateau interior a new color for 2019. Which seemed to accentuate the beautiful lines of the car as well as the chrome, black and gray details. The Château interior looks great with the Moonbeam. I think if the word beige was removed from the color it would make it psychologically more appealing. The color is mostly silver with a yellow/greenish tint at times. We’ve had many compliments on the cars color.Lighter colors age better and show less dirt. Being that we live in costal California we needed a cooler color.

Looks great at night

Looks silver at times

Richer looking than plain silver
I've seen the Chateau. I think it looks terrific. If it'd been available for my '22, I would have bought it.
The following users liked this post:
Solana (03-05-22)
Old 03-05-22, 01:24 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

I’ve seen Matador Red Mica in person and that color looks soooooo beautiful under the sun. It has excellent contrast with the chrome on the car and with the grill and panoramic sunroof. It looks even nicer with the palomino interior.
Old 03-05-22, 02:35 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,050 Likes on 780 Posts

The moonbeam looks sick.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESh:
Solana (03-05-22), YotaLexkid (05-09-23)
Old 03-05-22, 04:53 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 601 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by kalel2127
I'm fairly certain everyone is going to choose the color of their current vehicle... LOL!
Not I. My ESh is grey, but i wanted the atomic silver and there were none available when i needed a car.

Don't get me wrong, the grey is beautiful when it comes out of carwash for about 10 minutes in my area.
Old 03-05-22, 04:56 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Well I doubt I would drop 50k (or any amount quite frankly) on a car that wasn't the color I wanted.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (03-06-22)
Old 03-05-22, 04:59 PM
Solana
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glamglam
I’ve seen Matador Red Mica in person and that color looks soooooo beautiful under the sun. It has excellent contrast with the chrome on the car and with the grill and panoramic sunroof. It looks even nicer with the palomino interior.
The Matador Red Mica with Chateau or Palomino interior is indeed a beautiful and elegant combination. That is the color my wife wanted, but it was not available at the time with the château interior. Our previous car was silver with black interior, we just wanted something a little different.
Old 03-05-22, 05:50 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Solana
The Matador Red Mica with Chateau or Palomino interior is indeed a beautiful and elegant combination. That is the color my wife wanted, but it was not available at the time with the château interior. Our previous car was silver with black interior, we just wanted something a little different.
I don't blame you for wanting something different. We've been driving white cars now for the last 6 years and black cars for an additional 3 years and we want to change to something different. The Red is a very elegant color with the Palomino interior. We will wait for this color combination that we want. Eventually, we will get it at some point in time before the 2023 model year comes out. If not, then we will get it as a 2023 model. We want to get exactly what we want if we are going to spend this type of money for a luxury Lexus. That's how we see it.
Old 03-05-22, 06:05 PM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Its a subjective topic but I personally like the contrast of different elements on lighter cars. Also, car looks a lot cleaner without regular wash compared to dark colors. I had 21 hybrid lux in black and one of the reasons I sold it was that it always look dirty a few days after washing it. White or silver gets my vote.

Last edited by mattsrs; 03-05-22 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 2020 ES What color?