ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Nav vs Non-Nav ES FSport 2020

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-19, 02:13 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Nav vs Non-Nav ES FSport 2020

Ok, trying to get little help from the members. Despite being only 60 yrs of age, I can be very old school and set in my ways with things. Trying to replace 10 yr old ES350 - orig owner and go to ES FSport. Wife/I are both set on color combo we want AS--exterior/Blk-interior . Unfortunately down here in Tx region all in that combo that are available come w non-nav . I'm being told don't go w/o the Nav to of course nav not needed w new technology ( btw android users here) so Android Auto would be our go to I guess. I don't use my phone in car for music ever ever so that wouldn't come into play. I'm fine w Sirius XM etc, told you I was old school. We like to take trips so I would think I would use Lexus Enform destination assist ( good for 3 yrs now on newer produced vehs) quite a bit or the Lexus nav so really hesitating to go w/o Nav which would be way more uncomfortable for me at moment. Prob more worried about resale value, limitations if I go with Non-Nav just to get color combo we want. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated . Someway hope to own new Lexus asap. Wife's RX350-2013 has low mileage, looks new still, garaged so we'll be set if I can veh of our choice. Good to be back on the Forum been a few yrs since I participated or even came on to browse Jess

Last edited by JRey350hou; 12-10-19 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-10-19, 02:24 PM
Ken7
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Like you I've always gone with the Nav despite having cars with Apple CarPlay. I find the convenience of having the built-in Nav to be much better than having to connect the phone to the car. Our 1 week old ES300h has Nav and that's all we would have considered. I do hook up the phone to my other car (Model S) on occasion, but only to access Sirius XM which the car never came with. Hooking it up for playing Sirius isn't as onerous as it is for Apple CarPlay since you can use Bluetooth for the audio. Hooking the car up for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto requires a physical wire connection. I know some consider that no big deal, but for some reason I find that a pain.
The following users liked this post:
JRey350hou (12-10-19)
Old 12-10-19, 02:58 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Im about your age😁 bought the FSport when the 19s came out about a year ago. Many are critical of the Lexus nav but I find it works fine once you have the settings right. Yeah its not Waze blah blah blah. But if you are concerned with resale, def go with nav.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikemu30:
JRey350hou (12-10-19), TechNut (12-10-19)
Old 12-13-19, 03:51 AM
patnic517
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm about ten years younger than you, Android user and don't have the Sport, but I wish I would have gotten the Navigation.

I decided against the Navigation due to many comments on this forum. I use Google maps on my phone and was just going to wait for a Google/Lexus update. Here are the reasons, I wish I would have gotten it.

1) This car is a luxury car, without the Navigation, it somehow feels less luxurious without it. 2)The navigation screen filling up that huge area on the dash is impressive to me, mine is not impressive. Lots of black area around it. When my friends peek in the car, the dash without the Navigation is just boring. No one has said, "Wow, that's a great entertainment system." It's just blah.

And you didn't ask for advice on this, but I thought I'd give it ... I also have Atomic Silver and it is beautiful on it's own. However, everyone and their brother has a silver car now. I personally like to stand out and my AS Lexus blends in with all the other silver Fords, Chevys and Hondas in the parking lot. I wish I would have gone for the Nightfall Mica.
The following users liked this post:
GS350Miami (10-23-20)
Old 12-13-19, 09:03 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by patnic517
I'm about ten years younger than you, Android user and don't have the Sport, but I wish I would have gotten the Navigation.

I decided against the Navigation due to many comments on this forum. I use Google maps on my phone and was just going to wait for a Google/Lexus update. Here are the reasons, I wish I would have gotten it.

1) This car is a luxury car, without the Navigation, it somehow feels less luxurious without it. 2)The navigation screen filling up that huge area on the dash is impressive to me, mine is not impressive. Lots of black area around it. When my friends peek in the car, the dash without the Navigation is just boring. No one has said, "Wow, that's a great entertainment system." It's just blah.

And you didn't ask for advice on this, but I thought I'd give it ... I also have Atomic Silver and it is beautiful on it's own. However, everyone and their brother has a silver car now. I personally like to stand out and my AS Lexus blends in with all the other silver Fords, Chevys and Hondas in the parking lot. I wish I would have gone for the Nightfall Mica.

Perhaps a Benz with dual 12" screens would have been a better choice if you wanted that "wow" factor.

Old 12-13-19, 09:07 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by patnic517

I appreciate all the responses. Your thoughts are exactly like mine are, that it just wouldn't look right if didn't have Nav. And as soon I don't have it, would regret it. Especially being I would/will use more than others. Really in pickle now bec I just sold my ES350-2010. Got offer I couldn't refuse and very happy w that part so it won't be part of negotiation. So for now we 1 veh family and as of today they still haven't located my combo, well they have but they are sold. Going to wait little bit longer, but then who knows.
Old 12-13-19, 09:50 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Spend a little more now to get Nav, enjoy it during your ownership, have a higher resale later.
Old 12-13-19, 10:35 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Spend a little more now to get Nav, enjoy it during your ownership, have a higher resale later.
Yep, if it was only available. Seen several AS/Blk ES350 FSPORT but all w/o Nav. Dang it ! Does anyone know if there's way to look at Inventory in snapshot from Lexus website w.o going to ea location and looking at their inventory.
Old 12-13-19, 10:51 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
Yep, if it was only available. Seen several AS/Blk ES350 FSPORT but all w/o Nav. Dang it ! Does anyone know if there's way to look at Inventory in snapshot from Lexus website w.o going to ea location and looking at their inventory.
Call your local dealership and speak with a salesperson. Tell them exactly what you want and they will search their inventory and surrounding Lexus dealerships.
Old 12-13-19, 11:21 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kalel2127
Perhaps a Benz with dual 12" screens would have been a better choice if you wanted that "wow" factor.

That new Benz layout is pretty cool but I absolutely hate those circular vents.
Old 12-13-19, 11:32 AM
Ken7
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

At least from that pix, 'garish' comes to mind.
Old 12-13-19, 11:41 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Call your local dealership and speak with a salesperson. Tell them exactly what you want and they will search their inventory and surrounding Lexus dealerships.
I already have someone looking. Just no luck yet. Willing to go w ML pkg which bumbs another $2,800.00 bec with ML stereo you also get AVS plus few other minor items I forget what they were. Very few ML pkgs come down to Tx region ( seem to be in Ca. mostly) for some reason, was that way 10 yrs ago when I bought ES350 that I just sold. Not like I'm asking for some off wall color combo, just not in inventory at the moment with Nav which is non-negotiable. Appreciate trying to assist.
Old 12-13-19, 12:03 PM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Looks like a carnival. Ugly.
Old 12-13-19, 12:22 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
Looks like a carnival. Ugly.
Pinball machine?
Old 12-13-19, 12:24 PM
Tootsall
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 176 Posts