ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

I am buying new 2020 ES 350 F Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-20, 10:37 PM
irobot2090
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello everyone,
So, I finally got the car and so in loved. Question about the 5K service, Is it recommended? or is that something I can skip? I read the manual and only see dealer just do the inspections and not really not much to do with the car. And just in case I bring the car in for 5K service, how much did they charge for it?

Another question about the smart remote. I know you can use the remote to roll down windows and sunroof, but is it standard on all models? Mine didn't come with it, so I guess I have to bring my remote to dealer for them to program it.
Sorry, I'm new to Lexus family.
Old 07-04-20, 03:57 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

The 5k(standard chk ups, tire rotation) and 10k (oil change) is free through Lexus Corp. You have the remote start, your salesman just didn't go over with you on how to use it. I personally don't use remote start feature so I'll let someone else explain it all to you. But u should definitely have it.
The following users liked this post:
irobot2090 (07-04-20)
Old 07-04-20, 06:21 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

For remote start, download the app, set up account, PIN etc and then I think you'll receive instructions to press the SOS button for final confirmation. Once set, you can start the car from the app or if you're within range, you can use the fob with the three press and hold method that Lexus won't tell you about😁 Window rolldown -that I'm not familiar with nor would I ever have the need to do it.
JRey350hou (07-04-20)
Old 07-04-20, 07:43 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by irobot2090
Hello everyone,
So, I finally got the car and so in loved. Question about the 5K service, Is it recommended? or is that something I can skip? I read the manual and only see dealer just do the inspections and not really not much to do with the car. And just in case I bring the car in for 5K service, how much did they charge for it?

Another question about the smart remote. I know you can use the remote to roll down windows and sunroof, but is it standard on all models? Mine didn't come with it, so I guess I have to bring my remote to dealer for them to program it.
Use the 5K as a personalization service. Theres a select group of features only a dealer (or if you have a good obd scanner) can set up for you. The complete list should be available on the driver hub/manual.
Old 07-04-20, 09:20 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Yes, the window setting you are asking about is standard on Lexus vehicles, but it must be programmed by your dealer. Here is a chart of "Lexus Personalized Settings" for the 2019 ES and I imagine it is the same for the 2020. https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...MY19-ES350.pdf This chart shows settings that you can make in the menus as well as those that only the dealer can make. I believe the option you are looking for is listed as option 31. You might want to print this and mark any changes you want to provide the dealer at your first service visit. Sorry I couldn't find a 2020 version - perhaps Lexus only creates one of these charts for each generation of their vehicles?
irobot2090 (07-04-20)
Old 07-04-20, 10:59 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

You can also buy a Carista and personalize yourself. The first thing I did was change the turn signal passing indicator from 3 to 5 flashes.
Old 07-04-20, 09:33 PM
irobot2090
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mikemu30
For remote start, download the app, set up account, PIN etc and then I think you'll receive instructions to press the SOS button for final confirmation. Once set, you can start the car from the app or if you're within range, you can use the fob with the three press and hold method that Lexus won't tell you about😁 Window rolldown -that I'm not familiar with nor would I ever have the need to do it.
Well, I already did that and it's working great. I am asking about the windows/sunroof rolling down when press the unlock button on the keyfob.
Old 07-04-20, 09:37 PM
irobot2090
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TechNut
Yes, the window setting you are asking about is standard on Lexus vehicles, but it must be programmed by your dealer. Here is a chart of "Lexus Personalized Settings" for the 2019 ES and I imagine it is the same for the 2020. https://www.lexus.com/documents/broc...MY19-ES350.pdf This chart shows settings that you can make in the menus as well as those that only the dealer can make. I believe the option you are looking for is listed as option 31. You might want to print this and mark any changes you want to provide the dealer at your first service visit. Sorry I couldn't find a 2020 version - perhaps Lexus only creates one of these charts for each generation of their vehicles?
Interesting the sale guy didn't even walk me through or tell my anything about the car. He's not even mention about the 5K and 10K service are free at lexus dealer. I talked to him about the feature (rolling down windows and sunroof with keyfob, he's actually surprise it even exist, He told me i never thought that feature is available on lexus car. OMG)

So, at the 5K - 10K can I bring my car to any dealer for service (free one) or have to be at the one I bought the car? I am a DIY guy, so I can take care after that. I'm just letting them take care the 5K and 10K service.
Old 07-04-20, 10:12 PM
irobot2090
Pit Crew

I also noticed, the rear windows are not tint, I thought most of the new cars nowadays are tinted on the rear windows. Mine f-sport model both rear and front are clear. I am thinking to get them tints.
Old 07-05-20, 08:07 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Interesting the sale guy didn't even walk me through or tell my anything about the car. He's not even mention about the 5K and 10K service are free at lexus dealer. I talked to him about the feature (rolling down windows and sunroof with keyfob, he's actually surprise it even exist, He told me i never thought that feature is available on lexus car. OMG)

So, at the 5K - 10K can I bring my car to any dealer for service (free one) or have to be at the one I bought the car? I am a DIY guy, so I can take care after that. I'm just letting them take care the 5K and 10K service.
any Lexus dealer will service your car.
irobot2090 (07-05-20)
Old 07-05-20, 09:24 AM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

I also noticed, the rear windows are not tint, I thought most of the new cars nowadays are tinted on the rear windows. Mine f-sport model both rear and front are clear. I am thinking to get them tints.
My 2020 GS350 F Sport has some tint but it's not fully tinted. I think the NX SUV has the rear windows tinted.
irobot2090 (07-05-20)
Old 07-05-20, 09:43 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

If you are a DIY guy, then the previous suggestion of Carista might be the best solution for you. You can use that smartphone app (and corresponding ODBC dongle) to make these settings yourself any time you want - although I understand it has a subscription now. Also, you don't have to wait for the first service if you want to have these changes made sooner at the dealership. I only suggested using the service visit to have these customizations applied simply because it is the typical route people take but there is no reason you have to wait. Some dealerships may charge for this if done prior to your 5K service so be sure to confirm any fees if you don't wish to wait.
irobot2090 (07-05-20)
Old 07-07-20, 11:57 AM
Tootsall
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 172 Posts

I talked to him about the feature (rolling down windows and sunroof with keyfob, he's actually surprise it even exist, He told me i never thought that feature is available on lexus car. OMG).
Don't be surprised...when I picked up my used 2014 the tech guy could not tell me where, nor find, the dipstick for the transmission when I asked (hint...it doesn't have one). As far as I could tell, the only dipstick in the "delivery room" was the tech guy.

Regarding Carista...yes you can subscribe for one week or one year. But...when you purchase the Carista OBDII dongle you get a month of free "all featured" use starting when you decide to register for it. You can also use the Carista on a lot of different cars as long as they also have the OBDII port.

Last edited by Tootsall; 07-07-20 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-08-20, 10:23 PM
irobot2090
Pit Crew

Does anyone know where is the hole for Mechanical Key on 2020 ES model? I couldn't find anywhere on the driver, passenger door handles. What happens when the battery is dead and without the car key to open the doors?

Last edited by irobot2090; 07-08-20 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-08-20, 10:35 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 318 Likes on 248 Posts

Does anyone know where is the hole for Mechanical Key on 2020 ES model? I couldn't find anywhere on the driver, passenger door handles. What happens when the battery is dead and without the car key to open the doors?
This video explains it quite, well. Need to remove cover to get to it.

Quick Reply: I am buying new 2020 ES 350 F Sport!