ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

New Es price after Coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-20, 12:15 PM
MTurkay
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Es price after Coronavirus

New Es deals? I was wondering if anyone get a new Lexus ES after the Coronavirus? I am trying to see the lowest price we can get?
thank you
Old 04-19-20, 09:32 PM
irobot2090
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I am on the same boat. Still looking around for the ES 350 F Sport package.
Old 04-20-20, 11:27 AM
raiders3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am going to begin search for an ES 300H.
Old 04-22-20, 05:51 AM
acotugno
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

From reading these posts, it sounds like some are having difficultly finding 2020 ES 350 F-Sports. Perhaps, I'm reading it wrong. Nonetheless, just out of curiosity, I checked the inventory online of 2 Lexus dealerships within my vicinity of Miami, FL.

One showed 32 - 2020 ES350 F-Sports in stock and the other which is a very high volume dealer in South Florida and also where I purchased my 2019 ES350 F-Sport showed 66 - 2020 ES350 F-Sports in stock. The second Lexus dealer usually stocks lesser equipped vehicles without NAV and on their website, I just picked one vehicle that showed a MSRP of 48,025 with a total savings of 4,707 and a "your price" of 43,318. Both dealers had actual pictures of the vehicles with VIN numbers so it is real.

I would imagine there is more negotiation room. Don't know. I do have a couple of co-workers and a relative that made recent non-Lexus vehicle purchases and the deals they got were incredible. The Covid-19 situation is a tragedy. People are sick, dying, not getting the proper medical treatment. From an economic standpoint, of course many are without work. Hopefully those who are reading this are doing okay health-wise and economically.

The point I am making here is that car companies are suffering as consumers either don't have the money to buy or if they do, they are being very conservative and holding on to it. I don't feel sorry for the car manufacturers at all. Lexus is a great car but they all have been raising prices to disproportionate levels. The ES350 is a bad example since I think that is a bargain compared to a 70K Dodge or Ford Pickup.

In conclusion, if you are going to purchase now, please make sure you pay a ridiculously low price. Dealers should not expect a profit but instead be thinking about minimizing their losses.

My opinions for what it is worth....Do your research.

Good luck and stay safe!
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (04-22-20)
Old 04-22-20, 08:35 AM
LexusBen1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been trying to buy one for the last month. The dealer hasn't moved on the price. I'm thinking of trying again next week. Any idea how true it is that dealers will make better deals at the end of the month?
Old 04-22-20, 09:08 AM
acotugno
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I see you are in TN and I looked at two Lexus dealers - Knoxville and Memphis and both of their inventories of ES350s are low. One had 5 and other had 4 in stock. Both dealers showed no incentives that they were offering to entice customers. Only Lexus incentives. The low inventory could be why they are not moving on price.Not sure.

As far as end of month, I understand that dealers need to make quotas for each month so the end of the month could be a better time to buy.

Old 04-22-20, 10:14 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by acotugno
From reading these posts, it sounds like some are having difficultly finding 2020 ES 350 F-Sports. Perhaps, I'm reading it wrong. Nonetheless, just out of curiosity, I checked the inventory online of 2 Lexus dealerships within my vicinity of Miami, FL.

One showed 32 - 2020 ES350 F-Sports in stock and the other which is a very high volume dealer in South Florida and also where I purchased my 2019 ES350 F-Sport showed 66 - 2020 ES350 F-Sports in stock. The second Lexus dealer usually stocks lesser equipped vehicles without NAV and on their website, I just picked one vehicle that showed a MSRP of 48,025 with a total savings of 4,707 and a "your price" of 43,318. Both dealers had actual pictures of the vehicles with VIN numbers so it is real.

I would imagine there is more negotiation room. Don't know. I do have a couple of co-workers and a relative that made recent non-Lexus vehicle purchases and the deals they got were incredible. The Covid-19 situation is a tragedy. People are sick, dying, not getting the proper medical treatment. From an economic standpoint, of course many are without work. Hopefully those who are reading this are doing okay health-wise and economically.

The point I am making here is that car companies are suffering as consumers either don't have the money to buy or if they do, they are being very conservative and holding on to it. I don't feel sorry for the car manufacturers at all. Lexus is a great car but they all have been raising prices to disproportionate levels. The ES350 is a bad example since I think that is a bargain compared to a 70K Dodge or Ford Pickup.

In conclusion, if you are going to purchase now, please make sure you pay a ridiculously low price. Dealers should not expect a profit but instead be thinking about minimizing their losses.

My opinions for what it is worth....Do your research.

Good luck and stay safe!
Accurate information and well said...
Old 04-22-20, 11:27 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by acotugno
I see you are in TN and I looked at two Lexus dealers - Knoxville and Memphis and both of their inventories of ES350s are low. One had 5 and other had 4 in stock. Both dealers showed no incentives that they were offering to entice customers. Only Lexus incentives. The low inventory could be why they are not moving on price.Not sure.

As far as end of month, I understand that dealers need to make quotas for each month so the end of the month could be a better time to buy.
They won't be making any quotas in April.
Old 04-24-20, 10:09 AM
raiders3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in TN and just starting to look.

Looking for an ES300h.

Grew up in South FL and spoke with a Ft.Lauderdale auto broker several days ago about pricing in general during the virus.