ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-20, 09:30 PM
chrisdabos
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Muffler?

Hello, I know these have been posted a couple of months ago but asking if anyone has put any sort of aftermarket exhaust, whether a cat-back or axle-back/weld? I wonder if changing the muffler will impact the engine noise produced by sport/sport+ mode- or is that all from the front? Thank you. I've been looking at custom exhaust on camry's since that's the most customized car similar to the ES7. Thanks
Old 06-02-20, 02:52 PM
RJLsES
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

A thread titled Aftermarket Exhaust was started on 4/28/2020. There are nine responses so far.

You'll have to go to a custom muffler shop. Pretty much nothing on the market for bolt-on application.
Old 06-02-20, 07:29 PM
chrisdabos
Driver

Originally Posted by RJLsES
A thread titled Aftermarket Exhaust was started on 4/28/2020. There are nine responses so far.

You'll have to go to a custom muffler shop. Pretty much nothing on the market for bolt-on application.
Meh, I'll have to find an exhaust diagram to see how the ES7 compares with Camry and GS.
Old 06-04-20, 06:56 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Armytrix

I'd have to look, but if Armytrix makes one for the ES, you can't go wrong w one you can tone down w the valves to be more "User Friendly" to neighbors and cops. Best investment I ever did on my RC-F..HANDS DOWN!
Old 06-06-20, 10:38 PM
kaytoven
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah Camry exhausts fits w/ the ES. Magnaflow and Borla both have catbacks available now.

Originally Posted by chrisdabos
Hello, I know these have been posted a couple of months ago but asking if anyone has put any sort of aftermarket exhaust, whether a cat-back or axle-back/weld? I wonder if changing the muffler will impact the engine noise produced by sport/sport+ mode- or is that all from the front? Thank you. I've been looking at custom exhaust on camry's since that's the most customized car similar to the ES7. Thanks
Old 06-07-20, 11:27 PM
chrisdabos
Driver

Originally Posted by kaytoven
Yeah Camry exhausts fits w/ the ES. Magnaflow and Borla both have catbacks available now.
Thanks for the reply. Are you leaning toward anything/thinking about getting exhaust work done?
I like this MF-
Borla too

I think, Lexus may be more restrictive on exhaust than Toyota so idk If I'll be able to get away with just the mufflers and not the whole cat-back.
I had MF on my old car, it's quieter but a deep rumple that's a nice tone, not very loud. But the Borla S type sounds so good and not raspy.

The following users liked this post:
kalel2127 (06-09-20)
Old 06-09-20, 01:07 AM
kaytoven
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Are you leaning toward anything/thinking about getting exhaust work done?
I like this MF- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljkOVVITmfA
Borla too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90m-XMvF4VM

I think, Lexus may be more restrictive on exhaust than Toyota so idk If I'll be able to get away with just the mufflers and not the whole cat-back.
I had MF on my old car, it's quieter but a deep rumple that's a nice tone, not very loud. But the Borla S type sounds so good and not raspy.
I'm thinking about getting the mf #19411 sometime in the future.
Old 06-11-20, 12:58 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Just Got One!

Just picked up a 2020 ES Fsport last week in Atomic Silver loaded. Must admit I'm pretty impressed with how far this model has come!
Old 07-26-20, 11:05 PM
chrisdabos
Driver

update, I ordered the MF #19411 and it didn't fit my car, it was rubbing a piece of the suspension in the back so now I'm stuck with a camry catback, but hoping it sells soon, Houston has a lot of Camrys. Anyway, the ES for sure has a different exhaust layout than a Camry but still unsure of the Avalon, the only difference would be the tips. Someone said they installed the MF catback on their Avalon but I'm calling wolf on that, there had to have been some mod to make it fit, or they just let it rub against the suspension. This guy from another forum said he's been talking with a Borla rep for an Avalon bolt on, I wonder if they could see if the one they make for their Avalon will go up with the ES 350.
Anyway, copied from a Toyota forum-
"Hope you are well. I just talked to R&D about this kit since we just had our New Product meeting. They have tried the current 140823 cat-back that we have for the Camry and it does not fit properly, it is short. You can make it fit but it requires modification and therefore it is not up to our standards. We have a new system in the queue but as I said during our call, we are looking at least 4 – 6 weeks, possibly longer till we have it released. I will keep you posted."
Old 07-28-20, 10:21 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

An exhaust would absolutely be the last thing in the world I'd want to do to an ES. The automotive equivalent at repeatedly burping at a formal dinner party. While wearing a tux.
The following 2 users liked this post by E46CT:
kalel2127 (07-28-20), mickbrown (07-28-20)
Old 07-28-20, 02:17 PM
PeterA
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I haven't run across a Lexus E350 with modified exhaust but I was recently driving alongside a fairly new Cadillac CT6 which had a very modified and very loud exhaust. It sounded like a souped up muscle car.

Why would somebody buy a big Cadillac known for a very quiet and smooth ride and put in a loud exhaust? I guess the same question would hold for the ES350.
Old 07-28-20, 02:27 PM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterA
I haven't run across a Lexus E350 with modified exhaust but I was recently driving alongside a fairly new Cadillac CT6 which had a very modified and very loud exhaust. It sounded like a souped up muscle car.

Why would somebody buy a big Cadillac known for a very quiet and smooth ride and put in a loud exhaust? I guess the same question would hold for the ES350.
Perhaps they are trying to make up for a particular shortcoming... LOL

Makes me laugh when I see those types of cars... all show and no go.
Old 07-28-20, 10:54 PM
chrisdabos
Driver

Haha y'all Lexus enthusiasts are so soft. yeah, straight pipe sounds nasty, ain't that hard to get that sound on any car but trying to see what's out there for this JDM car built in KY.
Old 07-29-20, 09:12 AM
Hifiman1
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Haha y'all Lexus enthusiasts are so soft. yeah, straight pipe sounds nasty, ain't that hard to get that sound on any car but trying to see what's out there for this JDM car built in KY.
A car isn't JDM if its built I'm the US lmao

If you wanted that, should have bought a hybrid.
Old 07-29-20, 09:19 AM
chrisdabos
Driver

Originally Posted by Hifiman1
A car isn't JDM if its built I'm the US lmao

If you wanted that, should have bought a hybrid.
that's why I said built in KY?

Quick Reply: Muffler?