ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

7ES window tint thread, share your tint details here (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-20, 11:50 AM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thx to mcomer the 2021 ES350 front/rear sides & back windows are at a stock 70% VLT. I will probably go with Llumar Charcoal IRX 50% on the front sides and 35% on the rear/back sides.
The following users liked this post:
MUWarriors (12-31-20)
Old 12-25-20, 07:13 AM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
Assuming later than 2019 year Ultra Luxury models have the same front window glass as the 2019 year, the lower rear corner of the front windows is badged with AGC [automotive] Lamisafe". (I added the [automotive] so one can find the right AGC division when searching for details.) Per the Technical information tab for Laminated Glass Lamisafe, the glass:

Note: I can't get a direct link to the Technical information page so you'll need to manually navigate to it using the "Technical information" tab/menu item located at the bottom of the above linked web page.

In my brief searching I didn't see anything resembling independent testing to verifier the manufacture's claim; however, if the claim isn't close to factually true, I assume someone somewhere would probably have filed a "false advertising" legal proceeding against the company.
Thanks for the information about AGC supplying the front side "Lamisafe" glass for the ES. On AGC's website there is a claim of 99% blockage of UV rays. From additional research, the reason laminated glass and aftermarket tint blocks UV rays is because of the plastic material. It seems that a 20% aftermarket tint doesn't block more UV rays than a 70% tint. Having had melanoma, blocking UV rays is important to me, especially because a large percentage of skin cancer cases are on the left side of the face (in left hand drive countries). Sure is good to know that a simple thing like plastic film can be a major contributor of skin cancer prevention. Maybe side laminated glass should be mandatory. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-26-20, 11:55 AM
JerryWest
Driver

Originally Posted by MikeP
Thanks for the information about AGC supplying the front side "Lamisafe" glass for the ES. On AGC's website there is a claim of 99% blockage of UV rays. From additional research, the reason laminated glass and aftermarket tint blocks UV rays is because of the plastic material. It seems that a 20% aftermarket tint doesn't block more UV rays than a 70% tint. Having had melanoma, blocking UV rays is important to me, especially because a large percentage of skin cancer cases are on the left side of the face (in left hand drive countries). Sure is good to know that a simple thing like plastic film can be a major contributor of skin cancer prevention. Maybe side laminated glass should be mandatory. Happy Holidays.

Attached is Llumar tint performance data:

https://cdn.llumar.com/drupal/na_auto_specs_l1748.pdf
Old 12-27-20, 09:35 AM
carsareus
Intermediate

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

If you are going to be looking at numbers don't forget XPEL tint. They are amongst the top if not the top.

https://www.xpel.com/web-assets/down...t-USA-V2-1.pdf
Old 12-30-20, 03:13 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the postings of laws and specs. I am going to get my 15 S550 tinted (hottest car I have had). I looked at the state law link and in TN "Must allow more than 35% of light in". So I'm wondering how I can use 35 if it has to be "more than 35"? From the specs I see that 35 tint typically has a VLT of 37 or 38, so all will be good!
Old 12-30-20, 08:03 PM
JerryWest
Driver

I went with 40% Llumar IRX series on all sides and rear. Installed by Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa.
Old 12-31-20, 09:44 AM
MUWarriors
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JerryWest
I went with 40% Llumar IRX series on all sides and rear. Installed by Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa.
Do you have any pictures you can post Jerry, I have the same scenario on a 2021 ES350 F- Sport. Thanks.
Old 12-31-20, 10:20 AM
MUWarriors
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have pictures or recommendations for a white vehicle with white interior? Would like to be able to see the white seats though, so nothing darker than 35%? Some people have said the white car makes the tint look darker, but the white seats have the opposite affect.
Old 12-31-20, 03:50 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Llumar IRX 40% on a ES350 Ultra Luxury Caviar w/ Black Interior (sides & rear windows only)

Last edited by JerryWest; 12-31-20 at 03:57 PM.
E46CT (02-25-21)
Old 12-31-20, 03:56 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Originally Posted by MUWarriors
Does anyone have pictures or recommendations for a white vehicle with white interior? Would like to be able to see the white seats though, so nothing darker than 35%? Some people have said the white car makes the tint look darker, but the white seats have the opposite affect.
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/sign...a-mesa?start=0

Look at the gallery from Signature Glass Tinting -- they have pictures of cars with dark & light interiors

MUWarriors (12-31-20)
Old 12-31-20, 06:31 PM
MUWarriors
Driver School Candidate

Llumar IRX 40% on a ES350 Ultra Luxury Caviar w/ Black Interior (sides & rear windows only)

Nice choice on the 40%. Looks great. Thank you!
Old 02-25-21, 08:36 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Reviving an old thread. 40% looks great. I'm thinking of doing 35% all around since i have a light interior. ^that 40% ES pic looks like it's in fountain valley.

i already bought the tint and was going to do it myself but forgot what a chore it is. may just pay someone to do it.
Old 02-27-21, 09:07 AM
ionian
Instructor

Received 259 Likes on 191 Posts

My ES300H Lux is also Caviar with black interior. I am thinking going with same setup but wondering how well it keeps the heat down without tinting the rear windshield? How do you like your setup? Will you do anything different knowing now?

Old 02-27-21, 11:31 AM
JerryWest
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ionian2k
My ES300H Lux is also Caviar with black interior. I am thinking going with same setup but wondering how well it keeps the heat down without tinting the rear windshield? How do you like your setup? Will you do anything different knowing now?

Sorry if I wasn’t clear but my rear window is tinted. I love my setup and it keeps the heat away very nicely. I wouldn’t change a thing.
Old 03-01-21, 07:51 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Sorry if I wasn’t clear but my rear window is tinted. I love my setup and it keeps the heat away very nicely. I wouldn’t change a thing.
I saw your reviews on Signature's page. I'm taking my car there this Wednesday. Were they careful with your car, covered the seats, no dirt on the interior etc? From the reviews, and taking my car there a long time ago, I'm pretty sure they will. just wondering if you had ANY issues at all. I've decided on 35% ATC on sides, and 20% on rear windshield.

I'm hoping with a light interior it won't be too bright... can also do 20% on rear sides to mitigate that..

your 40% looks great but a tad too light for me. i also want to avoid too dark. not into the gangster look.

Quick Reply: 7ES window tint thread, share your tint details here (merged threads)