ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

CONNECT App Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-20 | 10:10 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Default CONNECT App Issue

Occasionally, the app requires I log in, which is okay, although I use it often and really shouldn't need to refresh the log in. But it does, and that's fine.

Over the weekend, I needed to log in, but this time it wouldn't completely load the screen. I deleted the app, reloaded it and I was able to get on.

By coincidence, overnight I left my trunk open in the garage, but there was no notification to my iPhone, something it would do quickly for any issue. When I checked the status for the car, it did show a mark for the trunk.

Any issues with the Connect app at your end?

Last edited by LeeSoFL; 07-27-20 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-27-20 | 11:02 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

When I access the newer connect login screen I must login with a user and password EVERY TIME. I stopped using the "new" icon to start my car and went back to the old one which only requires a 4 digit number password. This, even if I select "keep me logged in"... Don't understand why but tired of futzing around with it and Lexus is no help...
Old 07-27-20 | 11:49 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bc6152
When I access the newer connect login screen I must login with a user and password EVERY TIME. I stopped using the "new" icon to start my car and went back to the old one which only requires a 4 digit number password. This, even if I select "keep me logged in"... Don't understand why but tired of futzing around with it and Lexus is no help...
I use the newer one and as long as i check "keep logged in" it stays logged in for many weeks or longer - I don't keep track but I do have to log back in at some point.
Old 07-27-20 | 12:38 PM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

I'm not getting notifications on important things like trunk or door open, both of which I intentionally did. It shows in the status as open door, but doesn't send a text or email, both of which are engaged in my settings for the Lexus app.

I went on the app, turned on the flashers, and that it sent a text notification saying they're on for 60 seconds and then will turn off. But nothing for the open trunk or door.
Old 07-27-20 | 05:19 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
I'm not getting notifications on important things like trunk or door open, both of which I intentionally did. It shows in the status as open door, but doesn't send a text or email, both of which are engaged in my settings for the Lexus app.

I went on the app, turned on the flashers, and that it sent a text notification saying they're on for 60 seconds and then will turn off. But nothing for the open trunk or door.
First, let me address a previous post and share that I also only have to occasionally log back in. Normally, it just recognizes my face and then opens right up.

Now, as to the notifications if the trunk or hood is open, I used to get them if I left the hood and trunk up at the car wash while detailing the car. At least I’m sure I did on our 2015 ES. I am no longer seeing those, but I did recently get the notification when the car was at the dealership for the rear speaker TSB. The alert was for an open door. Oddly enough, I just tested this by going out to the garage and opened the hood on the car. No notification. Then I went out and opened the hood on our NX and within 5 minutes I received a “vehicle notification.” The e-mail indicated it was caused by an open hood. The notification settings are for the app and not individually for each car so I believe this has something to do with the car or the data collection at the Lexus data center. The app does not appear to be broken or I wouldn’t be receiving notifications on our 2016 Lexus vehicle.
Old 07-29-20 | 08:24 PM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

It's security reasons that's why they have it log out after a certain amount of time if not used
Old 07-30-20 | 03:54 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Originally Posted by lovemyGSFS
It's security reasons that's why they have it log out after a certain amount of time if not used
The app is used every day or two on either car, and it's been forcing a login frequently since we d/l'ed the new version on two iPhones. Like I said, that's fine, but they still haven't worked out why I'm not getting important "ding" notifications.

Old 07-30-20 | 07:44 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
The app is used every day or two on either car, and it's been forcing a login frequently since we d/l'ed the new version on two iPhones. Like I said, that's fine, but they still haven't worked out why I'm not getting important "ding" notifications.
They're replacing my fuel pump today and my phone is dinging off the hook
Old 07-30-20 | 05:16 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikemu30
They're replacing my fuel pump today and my phone is dinging off the hook
Yes, but I’ll bet the notification is for the open rear door being open and not for the hood. That was my observation when they did the rear speaker TSB. My current NX and previous 2015 ES also send/sent notifications for the hood or trunk remaining open for more than 5 or 10 minutes. It just seems odd that they changed that on this ES.
Old 07-30-20 | 10:57 PM
Lexuss07
Driver

Ever read the ratings and reviews with Apple on this CRapp app? It is 2.9 out of 5 stars.. What does that tell you? The prior version had better functionality and was more informative, but it was still unreliable. Lexus still cannot get this app right, after being around for almost 6 years, and it is such an embarrassment that it is still has many flaws, and they require the consumer to purchase a subscription after the trial ends.
Old 07-31-20 | 02:52 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

I had opened a trouble ticket with unEnform on Monday, and called yesterday to check the status of their research. Their associates are always nice, so I don't feel like what I'm saying is falling on uninformed ears.

She was communicating in real time with a tech who checked our log of notices and was able to see all the "status alerts" for both the ES and the NX. One of the issues is both cars are on the same account since we switch off cars based on needs. (The dog travels much better in the NX.) They did some tinkering after I closed the app, and had me sign on with a password link they sent. After getting back on the app, all the notifications were dinging on both our phones.

There had been some glitch with our account. The only thing I now notice is that whatever notification settings you make on one vehicle, carries over to the other. I don't think this was the way it was before their assistance.

If you have two or more vehicles on your app, would you let me know if each one has independent preferences, or if they're the same.

Thanks
Old 07-31-20 | 06:32 AM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

I have 4 cars on one account and the app only allows you to set it once -- and those settings apply to all cars regardless of whether the car can even notify Lexus about open doors, etc. If the car can't transmit that information then the app isn't going to notify you.
Old 07-31-20 | 08:19 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

I also have two cars on one account and there is only one place to set the options, so they apply to your account rather than a specific vehicle. So ours behaves the same way as yours LeeSoFL.
Old 07-31-20 | 09:07 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Using the door lock/unlock as an example, you may lock the doors four (4) different ways:
Electrically by touching the outside door handle in the presence of a fob or pressing lock
on the fob itself. You can also lock the door(s) manually by pressing the inside door handle lock button
or finally, by flipping the actual mechanical door lock toggle so the orange "vulnerable unlocked" sticker does not show.

The two electrical methods with lock the doors, fold the mirrors (in applicable) and set the alarm.
It will also notify the App as shown on the Photo representation of your car. A number superimposed
on the photo warns you of 1 or more vulnerable (unlocked or open) access points.

The two mechanical methods simply do what you asked for but do not also set alarms or notify the app.
I discovered that you can mechanically lock the doors which leaves the App reporting unlocked door
and it will still start the car from the phone, because the car is actually locked, right?

When you tap the photo in the app to open the Vehicle Status page just tap the clockwise circle icon
in the upper right corner and wait the usual 20 seconds for the internet/satellite ping to refresh your app.