Android Auto Update For 2019 ES

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-21, 06:45 AM
clqw
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by arf1410
bugs? Can you elaborate a bit?
As of now, the bugs ive discovered are: when playing videos on youtube for example, the audio is slightly out of sync (i dont care about that cause i dont stream videos in my car). When making calls over bluetooth in the app, the phone button on our steering wheel doesn't work.
Old 11-28-21, 11:24 AM
arf1410
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

been looking at these on aliexpress... but am still confused. they have SIM card slots. do I need a unique SIM card for this, are does it interface with my cell phone?
Old 11-28-21, 01:49 PM
clqw
Pit Crew

been looking at these on aliexpress... but am still confused. they have SIM card slots. do I need a unique SIM card for this, are does it interface with my cell phone?
You can, but dont have to. I dont have an extra sim, so i just use my phone as a hotspot. It will also automatically connect to your phone via BT.
Old 11-28-21, 05:10 PM
arf1410
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clqw
You can, but dont have to. I dont have an extra sim, so i just use my phone as a hotspot. It will also automatically connect to your phone via BT.
I don't have unlimited hotspot data with phone. You you run the full android auto via the bluetooth connection?
Old 11-28-21, 09:28 PM
clqw
Pit Crew

I don't have unlimited hotspot data with phone. You you run the full android auto via the bluetooth connection?
I use it offline 99% of the time. I mostly use it to play my stored music, and Google Maps. You dont even need internet/data to run google maps if you download the area in advance.
Old 02-26-22, 02:40 PM
saddamatee
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very unhappy being unable to have Android Auto

Originally Posted by clqw
I've sent another email through their site to complain about why Australia and Spain are getting AA update, but not us. I told them I'm a very unhappy customer and told them dont bother responding if they're going to repeat the corporate jargon. So far, i havent heard back....lol
I am so unhappy with that. I also called many times to get a solution, they are freaking deaf
The following users liked this post:
djh777 (03-04-22)
Old 08-08-22, 07:57 AM
Torez
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dklanecky1
Awesome, are you going to share anymore info? Like where we could get one? What's it called, who makes, you know, the basics.
i have question. I tried few boxes, like carlinkit 4.0 (not the ai box) and ottocast and I had no luck - mostly because touchpad limitations. How your ai box works with touchpad. Is your ai box is ux999 pro?

Last edited by Torez; 08-08-22 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-08-22, 08:57 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by saddamatee
I am so unhappy with that. I also called many times to get a solution, they are freaking deaf
This is a moot subject. Lexus will not go backward and supply older model cars with features. Makes no sense being available for free in Espana and for $250.00 in Australia. Especially if it's simply a software upgrade and installation. Those with 2019's got screwed...

dklanecky1 (08-08-22)
Old 08-08-22, 10:09 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 191 Likes on 168 Posts

And also the 2020 model built before an October date even though the brochure said 2020 would have it. Almost bought one in Dec 19 and asked where android auto was because I could not find it. After it was evident it did not have it was discovered only after a production date would have it. Told them I would wait for software update and corporate teck dept said update would never happen. I waited 3 weeks for a Dec build to purchase. Seems like if it is only software it would be available but there could be hardware constraints also but you would think they would tell us that. I do know the pre Oct date build used verizon and after that used at&t.
Old 08-08-22, 10:41 PM
fallyn
10th Gear

If you have an ES with wired CarPlay but without Android Auto and you're an Android user like I am, I recommend a dongle called Ottocast U2-X which provides wireless Android Auto through the car's wired CarPlay port.
Old 08-09-22, 05:00 AM
Torez
6th Gear

I tried ottocast and it didnt work for me, I coudnt get the touchpad to work, I could make selection between carplay and AA but I coudnt access to AA - my touch pad was unresponsive., I tried carlinkit 4.0 as well - I got into the AA but I cound not navigate. At this point Im questioning if it is my cellphone
Old 08-09-22, 03:17 PM
fallyn
10th Gear

The Ottocast U2-X isn't perfect. The touchpad works more like arrow keys moving a selection box around the screen. I have to flick up, down, right, or left to move the selection box. It's a bit frustrating but I've gotten kind of used to it. I also try to just talk to it as much as possible.The Google Assistant voice interface is 10000% better than the Lexus voice system.

I contacted the Ottocast developers to ask if they could fix the trackpad but they didn't seem interested in helping and suggested using a bluetooth mouse. I guess not many cars have trackpads.
Torez (08-09-22)
Old 08-09-22, 05:10 PM
Torez
6th Gear

Originally Posted by fallyn
The Ottocast U2-X isn't perfect. The touchpad works more like arrow keys moving a selection box around the screen. I have to flick up, down, right, or left to move the selection box. It's a bit frustrating but I've gotten kind of used to it. I also try to just talk to it as much as possible.The Google Assistant voice interface is 10000% better than the Lexus voice system.

I contacted the Ottocast developers to ask if they could fix the trackpad but they didn't seem interested in helping and suggested using a bluetooth mouse. I guess not many cars have trackpads.
Didnt work for me at all, considering ux999 pro ,heard good things about it
Old 08-10-22, 08:57 AM
AACarPlay
Former Sponsor

Arrow Wireless AA on Lexus

No android auto on Lexus?

AACP premier box built-in Android OS

Check if your car has factory-wired CarPlay, that premier box works and enables wireless Android auto on ES.

Discount code: AACP

Old 08-10-22, 09:37 AM
Torez
6th Gear

Originally Posted by AACarPlay
No android auto on Lexus?

AACP premier box built-in Android OS

Check if your car has factory-wired CarPlay, that premier box works and enables wireless Android auto on ES.

Discount code: AACP

does it really works with ES's touchpad though?

Quick Reply: Android Auto Update For 2019 ES