Search this Thread

Old 08-10-22, 10:10 AM
AACarPlay
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. It works on ES 2019-2022.

Key advantages

• Convert wired CarPlay to wireless
  • Embed Android auto (wireless) to the vehicle, even if your car does not have AA.
  • Syncs your phone screen to car display
  • Open streaming media in the car
  • No installation is needed for the setup
  • Keep all original operations in the car
Importance: The box works with vehicles that came with factory wired CarPlay feature.
Old 08-11-22, 09:02 AM
dklanecky1
Intermediate

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by AACarPlay
Yes. It works on ES 2019-2022.

Key advantages

• Convert wired CarPlay to wireless
  • Embed Android auto (wireless) to the vehicle, even if your car does not have AA.
  • Syncs your phone screen to car display
  • Open streaming media in the car
  • No installation is needed for the setup
  • Keep all original operations in the car
Importance: The box works with vehicles that came with factory wired CarPlay feature.
Curious as to your compatibility list, why would this not be listed as compatible with the 2019-2021 Avalon that came with wired Car Play but no Android Auto?
Old 08-11-22, 09:58 AM
AACarPlay
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This box works on 98% of models if the vehicle comes with factory-wired CarPlay.
We will only list compatible models we've tested with the exact model.
and we've tested the 2019 Avalon which ensures 100% compatibility with this model.

If you are a 2019-2021 Avalon owner, you could pick up the premier box embedded android auto feature.
Old 08-11-22, 10:18 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Has ANYONE here installed this? Just curious for sh_ts and giggles - I'll buy one but even at that small cost don't want to be the guinea pig.
Old 08-18-22, 04:08 PM
Torez
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AACarPlay
No android auto on Lexus?

AACP premier box built-in Android OS

Check if your car has factory-wired CarPlay, that premier box works and enables wireless Android auto on ES.

Discount code: AACP

post video test on Lexus showing no limitations with touchpad on android auto and Im sure you will have tons of orders
Old 08-18-22, 04:11 PM
Torez
6th Gear

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Has ANYONE here installed this? Just curious for sh_ts and giggles - I'll buy one but even at that small cost don't want to be the guinea pig.
same here I tested ottocast and carlinkit and touchpad limitation was making those boxes pure garbage. I dont mind testing it, but if I buy something from amazon I can return it with 0 issues, returning this could be a costly nightmare
Old 12-17-22, 10:19 PM
calcalocal
1st Gear

Default Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by mikemu30
I'll be the guinea pig here. I just got the unit and the touch pad on the main interface is decent. It will go left and through the menu options up to three selections per swipe. Android auto is a mixed bag, though. You can only navigate through the menu items by swiping left and right (couldn't get up and down to work) but most importantly with the new cool walk UI you get locked into the window you're in and you cannot go between them. So you can't ultimately interact with the window on the right side. And I get locked into the left side dock as well. To get interactivity with the map to work I have had to ask Google with voice to launch maps and that brings my cursor to the window.

Small other gripes
-There is an initial freeze when booting up AA that leaves you unable to see whats happening for about 30 seconds.
- Sound quality seems like bluetooth. I have the ML, so was hoping to get better to take use of the speakers.
-This ones pretty big, bot sure why, but sometimes when I get a message or after activating assistant the small screen next to the gages gets stuck just showing a crossed out mic icon, so i cant see my range or interact with that little screen. I have to activate the car's assistant and then back out to get it to go away.

A fix for the navigation issue I can tell is just to convert input to a mouse. It must be possible since the YouTube app swaps over to a mouse mode where the track pad works just like a laptop and a mouse cursor pops up. If this mode could be optionally toggled in AA that would solve the most glaring issue.

In conclusion, I'm not going to return it as even with these issues it is usable. After using voice to navigate to my location, I get a nice big much more modern looking map with better routing with my music displaying as well. And, I see the unit is updatable, so fingers crossed they release some fixes for these issues.
Old 12-18-22, 08:44 AM
clqw
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by calcalocal
I'll be the guinea pig here. I just got the unit and the touch pad on the main interface is decent. It will go left and through the menu options up to three selections per swipe. Android auto is a mixed bag, though. You can only navigate through the menu items by swiping left and right (couldn't get up and down to work) but most importantly with the new cool walk UI you get locked into the window you're in and you cannot go between them. So you can't ultimately interact with the window on the right side. And I get locked into the left side dock as well. To get interactivity with the map to work I have had to ask Google with voice to launch maps and that brings my cursor to the window.

Small other gripes
-There is an initial freeze when booting up AA that leaves you unable to see whats happening for about 30 seconds.
- Sound quality seems like bluetooth. I have the ML, so was hoping to get better to take use of the speakers.
-This ones pretty big, bot sure why, but sometimes when I get a message or after activating assistant the small screen next to the gages gets stuck just showing a crossed out mic icon, so i cant see my range or interact with that little screen. I have to activate the car's assistant and then back out to get it to go away.

A fix for the navigation issue I can tell is just to convert input to a mouse. It must be possible since the YouTube app swaps over to a mouse mode where the track pad works just like a laptop and a mouse cursor pops up. If this mode could be optionally toggled in AA that would solve the most glaring issue.

In conclusion, I'm not going to return it as even with these issues it is usable. After using voice to navigate to my location, I get a nice big much more modern looking map with better routing with my music displaying as well. And, I see the unit is updatable, so fingers crossed they release some fixes for these issues.
There are so many external android boxes out now. I went with Carlinkit t-box, and havent looked back.
Old 12-18-22, 11:05 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by clqw
There are so many external android boxes out now. I went with Carlinkit t-box, and havent looked back.
Tell us more abut your experience with this, installation, user experience, Waze compatibility etc.
The following 3 users liked this post by mikemu30:
bc6152 (12-18-22), djh777 (12-20-22), dklanecky1 (12-18-22)
Old 12-19-22, 05:48 PM
Lesley248
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by clqw
would like to hear your review on this, if it mirrors AA on the 2019 that only has CarPlay
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (12-20-22)
Old 12-20-22, 05:36 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I would like to know the specs on this thing. Processor, ram, storage memory, etc.
Old 12-20-22, 10:44 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 536 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusJoey
I would like to know the specs on this thing. Processor, ram, storage memory, etc.
If you go to the (T-Box) Full Android AI Box product web page and scroll down you'll find a "Product Specifications" section listing the information you're looking for. Note that it is an Android 9.0 system but if you do some searching to find some of the multitude of similar type products you can find products running Android 11.0 systems.
Old 12-21-22, 06:12 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by grp52
If you go to the (T-Box) Full Android AI Box product web page and scroll down you'll find a "Product Specifications" section listing the information you're looking for. Note that it is an Android 9.0 system but if you do some searching to find some of the multitude of similar type products you can find products running Android 11.0 systems.
I agree. That's why I wanted to know the specs on this specific device (AA CarPlay). There are so many out there and ALL of them will do as advertised. However, some of them are sluggish.
Old 12-21-22, 07:33 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 158 Posts

Has anyone tried the T-Box and if so do you get the full 12.3 inch screen? From what I see this is a android tablet without the screen. My 2020 has android auto but not full screen size. I have installed an android 9 inch in my LS430 and 10 inch in my 08 tundra and really like it as any android app can be used. I actually like the google maps app on device better than using android auto as the units have both. I just use the mobile hotspot from my phone for wifi. Offline maps can also be downloaded if don't want to use internet.
Old 12-21-22, 07:44 AM
alextv
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 158 Posts

Looking on another site with FAQ and see that it has to have touch screen so no go for my 2020.

Quick Reply: Android Auto Update For 2019 ES