ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

FSPORT conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-21, 09:38 AM
DAPURAK
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
You guys are brave taking new cars apart Where in NJ are you?
Sayreville 😁 if you need help taking your bumper apart come at me Bro 😄
Old 11-01-21, 11:17 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by DAPURAK
Sayreville 😁 if you need help taking your bumper apart come at me Bro 😄
I bought the OEM FSport in Dec-2018
Old 11-01-21, 05:24 PM
Rarewolf
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, removing the rear bumper will be the hardest part. Its easy once you locate the invisible screws.. there’s 2 of them on each side of the bumper under the rear wheel well. There’s a small hole and you can only feel it with your finger. I used a deep socket 10mm. Or you can use a philip screw drive. There’s also a screws by the tail light behind the plastic cover you’ll see it when you open the trunk.

picture time!!!

same with the front Bumper.. all the holes that you will need to cut are marked behind the bumper.. cut inside the Center box. DO NOT cut pass the top line because holes will be too big. And it will show above the diffuser. Cut slowly!

clips are on!!!

Finished product!!! 🤗 you will also need 2 plastic push clips to secure the 2 lower brackets. I’ll get the part number tomorrow.

Wait wait. I dont have to buy a whole new f sport bumper?! You just saved me 15% or more on my car insurance! Lol No but seriously i was afraid it wouldnt fit the current bumper. So its like the front. Just cut it out with the dremel?

I kinda liked the TRD valance more then the F Sports. The Fins Stand out more. But they force you to buy the whole under part sadly.

Last edited by Rarewolf; 11-01-21 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-22-21, 05:39 AM
Erickd19
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven’t been in a forum lately 😊 I forgot How to post pictures..

here is my es still on dealership lot Oct 11

1 week old 😄

behind the front bumper side garnish. Its clearly marked where to cut holes. The F-sport side garnish is a lot bigger than the standard version.

FJ cruiser Bumper clips
you need 6 in the front and 11 on the rear diffuser
get em here at amazon

Rexka 25pcs Front & Rear Spoiler Moulding Clip Compatible with Toyota Lexus 75392-35220 4Runner, Camry, Corolla, FJ Cruiser, Highlander, Prius, Prius Prime, Prius V, RAV4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHCXWV5...ing=UTF8&psc=1

clips installed on the ES holding the side F-sport side garnish

finished

I already finished the rear diffuser install. Will post pics later.

~JoE
did you have to buy any clips for the sensors on the grille?
Old 03-31-22, 10:26 AM
Danno1958
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I just bought my 2019 ES 350 Base and love it. I too am looking for summer tires and wheels to be the 19" F Sports, with winter wheels being the stock 18". Glad there is no clearance issues. I also would like to put the F Sport rear valance on eventually, but don't know if it will fit properly on the base rear bumper. If you find out that it fits before me, let me know please through this post. Thanks!
Old 03-31-22, 10:45 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Danno1958
I just bought my 2019 ES 350 Base and love it. I too am looking for summer tires and wheels to be the 19" F Sports, with winter wheels being the stock 18". Glad there is no clearance issues. I also would like to put the F Sport rear valance on eventually, but don't know if it will fit properly on the base rear bumper. If you find out that it fits before me, let me know please through this post. Thanks!
You didn't shop for an FSport? Just curious why anyone would go through rebuilding like this.
Old 03-31-22, 11:43 AM
Danno1958
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I too couldn't justify the extra cost for and F Sport, but still like much of the styling.
The following users liked this post:
Eggroll96 (04-18-24)
Old 04-01-22, 09:42 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Danno1958
I too couldn't justify the extra cost for and F Sport, but still like much of the styling.
Didn't realize there was much difference but I guess compared to a BASE model, it is.
Old 04-01-22, 09:52 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,657 Posts

I definitely like the F Sport grill as I've had a total of three F Sport Lexuses in the past, but honestly looking at the pics a few post above with the standard "Waterfall" grill, I think it fits the character of the ES better and gives it a distinctive presence out on the road vs a (nice) but "typical" sporty/mesh grill design. the waterfall design I think is unique and there's no mistaking it. let me know what you think in the comments below and give this video a thumbs up or thumbs down
Old 04-01-22, 10:52 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT
I definitely like the F Sport grill as I've had a total of three F Sport Lexuses in the past, but honestly looking at the pics a few post above with the standard "Waterfall" grill, I think it fits the character of the ES better and gives it a distinctive presence out on the road vs a (nice) but "typical" sporty/mesh grill design. the waterfall design I think is unique and there's no mistaking it. let me know what you think in the comments below and give this video a thumbs up or thumbs down
Okay Sofyan Let's face it - it's subjective. I wouldn't have purchased an ES if there wasn't an FSport trim. That's just me - wheels, grill, cluster, seats that's what did it for me.
Old 04-01-22, 12:02 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,657 Posts

Trust me I get it. I was and am an F Sport fan when they came out with the spindle design and decided to purchase a 2015 F Sport, 2016 F Sport, and 2016 F sport for actual compact/agile or sporty cars. I don't mind it on the ES, but it's not like a must have for me since the ES is large FWD with large overhangs, the luxury aesthetic I think is more fitting.
Old 12-29-23, 02:30 PM
Gordik
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

Hi, RV, I have a 2020 ES 300h and also wanted to put the F sport grille. I need to replace my front bumper and grille because of little accident, so was thinking if the F sport bumper would fit on my base model I just buy the f sport front bumper and grille and wouldn’t have to customize anything. Do you know if the front bumper are compatible? Thanks

New member here! Just want to share my FSPORT bumper conversion on my base 2019 ES350 with 19" FSPORT rims.
No fabrication needed. If you guys are interested, I can answer any questions. Lemme know what you all think.

-RV

[/QUOTE]
Old 12-29-23, 03:26 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 568 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordik
Hi, RV, I have a 2020 ES 300h and also wanted to put the F sport grille. I need to replace my front bumper and grille because of little accident, so was thinking if the F sport bumper would fit on my base model I just buy the f sport front bumper and grille and wouldn’t have to customize anything. Do you know if the front bumper are compatible? Thanks...
If you look at the information in following the lexusguide.net Lexus ES (XZ10) Service Manual's Front Bumper index page, especially the Components and Disassembly indexed pages, you'll find there's no separate information for gasoline and hybrid front bumper assemblies. Instead, the information varies by mesh or bar type grilles (i.e., F Sport and non F Sport), w/ or w/o Parking Support Alert System, w/ or w/o Panoramic View Monitor System, and TMC Made (ones with towing eyelet access covers).

You need to take some care in selecting the right F Sport bumper assembly to get the one that will match up to your ES 300h base model build configuration. If you ES has the Premium package with the Intuitive Parking Alert support sensor's in the front bumper you'll need to get the F Sport version that also supports the Intuitive Parking Alert support sensors. I think getting the towing eyelet access covers configuration matching up isn't quite as important. Getting a mismatch on that will just be either wrongly implying your ES has the towing eyelet feature when it doesn't have the feature or preventing using the towing eyelet feature by eliminating access to the attachment point.
Old 04-25-24, 02:17 PM
Eggroll96
10th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Haven’t been in a forum lately 😊 I forgot How to post pictures..

here is my es still on dealership lot Oct 11

1 week old 😄

behind the front bumper side garnish. Its clearly marked where to cut holes. The F-sport side garnish is a lot bigger than the standard version.

FJ cruiser Bumper clips
you need 6 in the front and 11 on the rear diffuser
get em here at amazon

Rexka 25pcs Front & Rear Spoiler Moulding Clip Compatible with Toyota Lexus 75392-35220 4Runner, Camry, Corolla, FJ Cruiser, Highlander, Prius, Prius Prime, Prius V, RAV4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHCXWV5...ing=UTF8&psc=1

clips installed on the ES holding the side F-sport side garnish

finished

I already finished the rear diffuser install. Will post pics later.

~JoE

First of all, thank you for this!

Secondly, I heard from other grille conversions that you need to have the sensors recalibrated after removing/altering the bumper.

Did you need to do this? Does your stop-and-go cruise control and sensors still work fine?

(I have the 2019 ES350 Premium version)