ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Help Please 🙏 2019 ES350 engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-20 | 05:27 PM
Advancer12
Driver School Candidate

The NHTSA identifies the following symptoms from a faulty fuel pump subject to the recall that does not seem to be identified here in your case. It sure sounds like a clogged engine air filter that can foul the plugs but that had to be one of the first things checked.

"In cases of fuel pump failure these vehicles will enter a fail-safe mode, resulting in illumination of warning lights and reduced motive power. Unexpected full loss of power and the inability to restart the vehicle after a stall event are possible adverse outcomes, according to NHTSA investigators."

Old 09-14-20 | 03:29 PM
belbal2006
Rookie

Originally Posted by bc6152
I think your mechanics saw you coming.
Hard to believe that the vehicle required plugs and injector cleaning. And apparently it didn't help anyway. You should get the fuel pump replaced and take it from there. I wouldn't count on getting a free fuel pump from Lexus either... GOOD LUCK!
I know man, I can't believe it too look at the spark plugs on the pic

Old 09-14-20 | 03:40 PM
belbal2006
Rookie

Originally Posted by Astrokat
You should go to Lexus Drivers to see the history of your car and if there is an open recall on it. Since you got the car at 7k the fuel pump recall could have been done already(or incorrectly), or not done at all. I suppose it is something you could attempt to replace yourself if absolutely necessary if you had the part, but personally I am not that brave.
It never been done cuz i shipped the car like this time last year.

Old 09-14-20 | 03:43 PM
belbal2006
Rookie

Originally Posted by PeterA
I would write to Lexus headquarters in the US and complain about the recall repair.
I wrote to them Peter, and hope I got a good respond 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Old 09-14-20 | 04:01 PM
belbal2006
Rookie

The OP is between a rock and a hard place. He has a car sold in America that the Lexus dealer in his country will not service because it came from the U.S.A. So how does he get the fuel pump replaced if the dealer won't let him in the door? He stated that he emailed Lexus and asked for a fuel pump to be sent. Good luck with that... He was advised to replace plugs in a 15k mile car which was incorrect as it wasn't necessary and he was taken advantage of - and after they were replaced the problem remains. Unless this car was bought at a very low price I don't get why it was shipped overseas with all the issues of warranty coverage.

He needs to find a reputable independent service provider that is trustworthy and can accurately diagnose just what is happening in this new car. My sympathies as it's a real mess.

Hope you get things sorted BelBal2006...
Thank for all the wishes bc6152, I got the car nothing wrong with it for almost a year. the issue started lately after I started my new job, and started driving 60 miles everyday. and you hope the shop i went is a reputable independent service provider as i read about it.
Old 09-14-20 | 04:11 PM
belbal2006
Rookie

Originally Posted by Advancer12
The NHTSA identifies the following symptoms from a faulty fuel pump subject to the recall that does not seem to be identified here in your case. It sure sounds like a clogged engine air filter that can foul the plugs but that had to be one of the first things checked.

"In cases of fuel pump failure these vehicles will enter a fail-safe mode, resulting in illumination of warning lights and reduced motive power. Unexpected full loss of power and the inability to restart the vehicle after a stall event are possible adverse outcomes, according to NHTSA investigators."
the air filter Just fine and I change it with every oil change. no resulting in illumination of warning lights and reduced motive power. engine vibration, the driving is not smooth, and the noise you hear in the engine.
Old 09-14-20 | 04:30 PM
ionian
Instructor

The plot thickens.
Old 09-14-20 | 04:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

My guess is its a bad tank of gas...

Or it could be the fuel pump for sure. Since you took the vehicle out of the US you're going to have to pay for that yourself unfortunately.
Old 09-14-20 | 05:03 PM
belbal2006
Rookie

Originally Posted by ionian2k
The plot thickens.
Yes it is man, they replaced the spark plugs, cleaned the fuel injection, and they bought a fuel filter and when they tried to replace it, they found out it doesn't fit cuz the fuel pump in GCC different so they just cleaned they old fuel filter. I took the car and tasted it, there is a little improved but the issue still remain!!!!!they asked me "do want us to order a fuel pump from US" but i told them I need time to think and get advice. something to mention while i was on the shop i saw 2019 ES350 F-spot also for the U.S. and I spoke with the owner, he is facing the same symptoms. I asked him if i can check the VIN to see if the car has recall and yes it has.

What you think guys should i go and replace fuel pump?

Old 09-14-20 | 05:49 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW17LS
My guess is its a bad tank of gas...
Something I said early on...
Old 09-14-20 | 08:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Something I said early on...
Yep, I saw.

to the OP, have you run this tank of gas out and refueled it since this started?
Old 09-15-20 | 05:59 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Those plugs look almost new. Just goes to show how clean these engines burn and why they last up to 100k miles...
Old 09-15-20 | 10:42 AM
belbal2006
Rookie

Those plugs look almost new. Just goes to show how clean these engines burn and why they last up to 100k miles...
the mechanical told me they are bad cuz that I replaced them. are you sure they are fine?
Old 09-15-20 | 01:43 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by belbal2006
the mechanical told me they are bad cuz that I replaced them. are you sure they are fine?
I can only use my experience in answering your question. The electrodes are not burned, no carbon buildup. they are clean, they have only been in your vehicle for 15,000 miles, so evidence would suggest that they are in good condition. That being the case I don't know why they would have to be replaced...

Seems you're on a merry-go-round and it's time to get off. I'm surprised that the Lexus dealer cannot pinpoint the issue. Since you're grasping at straws I'd throw in a can of Techron fuel additive and see if it helps. Cheap enough and good stuff... Use it in my 22 year old Corvette frequently. Wish you the best partner...
Old 09-16-20 | 10:25 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Wait. The car has a warranty by LEXUS, not the dealer. ALL of this should be covered unless the warranty specifically excludes any cars sent overseas, and I don't remember that stipulation. Maybe the laws wherever this car is are different (the location says Ohio). The OP said he sent a letter to Lexus, but never mentioned if there was a response. Personally, I'd call them. They'll likely say they can't control local dealers policies (they tried that on me, once), but they can. IT worries me that there was another car in the shop with similar symptoms. Is the fuel different?

Quick Reply: Help Please 🙏 2019 ES350 engine problem