Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Nvm.
How do you delete a post?
Old 10-03-20, 06:26 PM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
He doesn't have an FSport though - different seats.
Yes, I think we all knew that from the start of DJVAN's post. The seat rails are the same regardless of the model. There could be some manufacturing issue with the plant that makes the rails. The hybrid, an ES, the AWD and the F Sport all travel on the same metal track most likely made in a few different plants.

Since DJVAN stated they switched the seat of his hybrid with that of V6 and there was no leaning, I would say it's the seat bottom and not the back that's the issue.
Old 10-07-20, 06:15 PM
DJVAN
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Update

So, I share this update in the hope that the information may help somebody else. My car has now been out of service for ten days, and the problem is yet to be resolved. Frustrating. According to Lexus, they have determined that there is a defect in seat "frames" (tracks, I would call them) that cause the seats to lean. The specific part is the inboard "track" or "rail" on which the seat moves. The track appears to contain a jackscrew down the middle, presumably to move the seat. They believe that one of their suppliers is at fault. Allegedly, they are trying to flush the bad tracks from the supply chain. My dealer has ordered two; both of them arrived and were determined to be defective. They have now been told to order one manufactured in Japan.

I am assured that "everybody possible" is involved, but it is hard for me to imagine that with all of Toyota's might, they can't find a way to get a good part to my dealer.

At any rate, know that if your passenger side seat leans, it shouldn't.
Old 10-07-20, 07:24 PM
mikeraj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJVAN
So, I share this update in the hope that the information may help somebody else. My car has now been out of service for ten days, and the problem is yet to be resolved. Frustrating. According to Lexus, they have determined that there is a defect in seat "frames" (tracks, I would call them) that cause the seats to lean. The specific part is the inboard "track" or "rail" on which the seat moves. The track appears to contain a jackscrew down the middle, presumably to move the seat. They believe that one of their suppliers is at fault. Allegedly, they are trying to flush the bad tracks from the supply chain. My dealer has ordered two; both of them arrived and were determined to be defective. They have now been told to order one manufactured in Japan.

I am assured that "everybody possible" is involved, but it is hard for me to imagine that with all of Toyota's might, they can't find a way to get a good part to my dealer.

At any rate, know that if your passenger side seat leans, it shouldn't.
Based on your experience, would you buy a Lexus again in the future?
Old 10-08-20, 03:00 AM
artbuc
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts

DJVAN, great work hanging in there to solve this problem! Can you share name of dealership and Service Manager? I want to get my seat fixed too and it will be a lot easier if my Service Manager can call your Service Manager. I assume Lexus will issue a bulletin eventually but who knows?

Old 11-04-20, 10:39 AM
artbuc
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts

Update? Did dealer and/or Lexus resolve? Thanks.
Old 11-04-20, 12:52 PM
ionian
Instructor

Received 261 Likes on 193 Posts

No issues here on my 2019 ES300H from Japan.
Old 11-09-20, 06:05 AM
DJVAN
Driver School Candidate

Yes, Lexus resolved. It took 28 days and multiple attempts, but ultimately, Lexus shipped a new seat, fully assembled, from Kentucky. Once the dealership had that, the issue was fixed very quickly.

The defective component was finally determined to be the seat frame. Dealership had to get Lexus "product engineers" involved who found defective tooling at one of the U.S. seat manufacturing plants, which caused the seat frames (bottom of seat where it attaches to the seat track) to be slightly shorter on the inboard side. My dealership ordered 3-4 frames prior to Lexus authorizing a new, complete seat assembly, and every one that arrived was defective. Another, sourced specifically from Japan, was level, but the mounting specifications were slightly different, and it could not be used. Dealership shared that they found multiple brand new ES cars on their lot in the same condition. The lengthy repair, I surmise, was in part caused by the time Lexus spent trying to clear out defective seats from the parts pipeline. I suspect that the factory received priority.

Testament to my dealership's commitment, I received the car back in perfect condition, and Lexus made a fairly generous goodwill offering to take some of the sting out of the ordeal.

Hope this information helps somebody else.
Old 11-09-20, 06:16 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by DJVAN
Yes, Lexus resolved. It took 28 days and multiple attempts, but ultimately, Lexus shipped a new seat, fully assembled, from Kentucky. Once the dealership had that, the issue was fixed very quickly.

The defective component was finally determined to be the seat frame. Dealership had to get Lexus "product engineers" involved who found defective tooling at one of the U.S. seat manufacturing plants, which caused the seat frames (bottom of seat where it attaches to the seat track) to be slightly shorter on the inboard side. My dealership ordered 3-4 frames prior to Lexus authorizing a new, complete seat assembly, and every one that arrived was defective. Another, sourced specifically from Japan, was level, but the mounting specifications were slightly different, and it could not be used. Dealership shared that they found multiple brand new ES cars on their lot in the same condition. The lengthy repair, I surmise, was in part caused by the time Lexus spent trying to clear out defective seats from the parts pipeline. I suspect that the factory received priority.

Testament to my dealership's commitment, I received the car back in perfect condition, and Lexus made a fairly generous goodwill offering to take some of the sting out of the ordeal.

Hope this information helps somebody else.
Good for you and kudos to the dealer for the dedicated customer service offered to you. Please name the dealer for those looking for an outstanding dealer experience.
Old 11-09-20, 12:07 PM
DJVAN
Driver School Candidate

Lexus of Sacramento (California). Specifically, Service Manager Eric Foltz. Guy is serious about customer service (even when the customer gets pretty grouchy).

David
Old 11-10-20, 07:24 PM
Wait4Vtec
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a 2020 ES 300h also with Chateau interior, my driver seat has some room on the side but the drivers seat is touching the center console and causing friction.

Last edited by Wait4Vtec; 12-04-20 at 11:46 AM.