ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Enform 2.0 App No Longer

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-20, 08:25 PM
MGs350
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by indygreg
Permanently installs apps that override what the hard buttons on the stereo do.
LOL hmm. Now that is something I really don't want. I downloaded the update but have not installed it and periodically I get a reminder msg to install. Wonder if I can delete the download...
Old 10-15-20, 03:22 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Permanently installs apps that override what the hard buttons on the stereo do.
I haven't noticed that happens. Would you be more specific, please?
Old 10-15-20, 06:52 AM
indygreg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
I haven't noticed that happens. Would you be more specific, please?
Now if I hit the "radio" hard button it always calls for 'Iheartradio" app instead of the satellite radio or last input. Ditto for the search function, it always tries to find the ALEXA or Search APP vs the hardwired preset navnow for everything.

I am trying to be as specific as possible. Perhpaps if I uinstall the enform app on my phone this will stop, not sure.
Old 10-15-20, 07:10 AM
MGs350
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Now if I hit the "radio" hard button it always calls for 'Iheartradio" app instead of the satellite radio or last input. Ditto for the search function, it always tries to find the ALEXA or Search APP vs the hardwired preset navnow for everything.

I am trying to be as specific as possible. Perhpaps if I uinstall the enform app on my phone this will stop, not sure.
I'm curious how it will be once you uninstall the app on your phone or use without Bluetooth
Old 10-15-20, 09:25 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 714 Likes on 522 Posts

I would try uninstalling the Enform 2.0 app and Lexus app from you phone. Then test to make sure the physical buttons work as expected. Then reinstall the apps to your phone and recheck. This is obviously a malfunction, now the challenge is figuring out where that failure is occurring. I haven't seen that notice to download the update to the vehicle yet, so I cannot test/verify this behavior so I can't offer anything beyond the steps I would try in your situation. I do not believe repairing the Bluetooth would impact this as I would think it it would either be connecting or failing to connect, but with that said, it may be worth a try as well - sort of do a complete reset to include the apps and repairing your device. Honestly, this sounds like some sort of mismatch between the car and your handheld device. Good luck and please keep us posted.