2019+ ES. Any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-21, 06:06 PM
rebel7254
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Prado
hybrid doesn’t sound or feel great compared to v6, the v6 is butter smooth
Unfortunatley the V6 is paired with an 8 speed automatic tranny that is absolutely not butter smooth.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...our-es350.html
The following users liked this post:
connrodd (03-09-21)
Old 03-10-21, 06:26 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by rebel7254
Unfortunatley the V6 is paired with an 8 speed automatic tranny that is absolutely not butter smooth.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...our-es350.html
The engine is smooth, the trans is not
Old 03-10-21, 06:53 AM
ionian
Instructor

Received 261 Likes on 193 Posts

I have a poll running on transmission of ES350. So far it received a total of19 votes and 14 of those experience the jerky transmission. Still a small pool but I am guessing there is underlining issue. Hopefully it can be fix with a software update.
Old 03-10-21, 09:06 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ionian2k
I have a poll running on transmission of ES350. So far it received a total of19 votes and 14 of those experience the jerky transmission. Still a small pool but I am guessing there is underlining issue. Hopefully it can be fix with a software update.
The five that voted no jerkiness haven't driven their cars yet I mean you can't miss it.
Old 03-10-21, 09:35 AM
bdroc
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaboom
Have had our 350 ES for a few weeks now. Very pleased with it in all respects. Typically, I return to dealer after having a new car for a few weeks with my list of things that require adjustment or repair or replacement. When it comes to cars, I’m an ultra-perfectionist. But with our new Lexus, I’ve looked and listened very hard and been unable to find a single thing to complain about.
I wish the Apple Car Play were wireless. Some auto makes are. I missed that issue in doing my research before buying and I am displeased with visible cables. But I bought a 4 inch black cable and it’s hardly visible.
I almost bought a BMW but when I test drove it and had to tolerate that engine auto on-off thing, I ran the other way. What a nuisance and it’s got to be hard on the car over its lifetime. Also hate run-flat tires and sun roof that retracts OVER the roof.
CDillac was beautiful—-maybe nicer than the Lexus, but it’s reliability is questionable. Also doesn’t hold its value well.
Thrilled with this fine luxury Lexus 350 ES. Buy one.
I agree 100% that Android Auto should be wireless. The problem with plugging in to charge your phone is that doing so automatically kicks you out of normal GPS and into Android Auto.

I'm also frustrated that the Enform system doesn't auto connect. The only way to use Lexus + Alexa is to manually sign in before you start driving. Who is going to do that every time you drive?
Old 03-10-21, 09:43 AM
bdroc
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Enform App

Originally Posted by toyotaman7

in Canada the only thing the SIM does is vehicle data communication. There are no Enform apps.
CarPlay and Android Auto work well. I even don't mind the touch pad, specially work Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. You barely use that since Siri and Google assistant are much, much, much better than anything any car maker can make.
I don't know how to use google assistant.

Lexus + Alexa doesn't automatically connect which stinks. My phone automatically connects but not the Enform App. If I make a phone call I can talk through my car. If I say "hey google" and ask a question my phone will display a response but nothing through the car.
Old 03-10-21, 09:54 AM
ionian
Instructor

Received 261 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
The five that voted no jerkiness haven't driven their cars yet I mean you can't miss it.
LOL. Let's give them benefit of the doubt. Maybe they are more gentle than some of us
Old 03-10-21, 09:59 AM
JCDell
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know if the radio is important to you but if it is, make sure the fix for the amplifier has been done or it is a late year version of the 2019 model. Just check the fader to the rear speakers and if you get good sound, you have the fix, If not, you may not be happy with the sound.
Old 03-10-21, 11:10 AM
Nadman51
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure the minute hand on the clock doesn’t spin when you start the car if you do it is an indication that there is an issue with the radio and it needs to be replaced
Old 03-10-21, 11:28 AM
giaruso
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased a Lexus 2019 ES 350 new FULLY LOADED. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. Perfect ride, good power, super gas mileage (got over 40 mpg between Frazier Park, CA to Carlsbad CA. Below are a few things I would improve (I also have a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV and all the items below work far better on the Hyundai than on the Lexus.):
  • Blind Spot Monitor only flickers brightly in rear view mirrors when another car is in blind spot, no audible BEEP option. I prefer audible!
  • Navigation system no longer allows navigation by phone number or GPS coordinates. You'll have to use your cell phone navigation in those cases.
  • Cruise control buttons on steering wheel are hard to locate/select by feel in the dark and with eyes on the road. Cruise buttons need raised characters or levers to more easily find while eyes a fixed firmly on the road.
  • Seat heating and cooling system is woefully inadequate. Sometimes I don't think they work at all.
  • The Lexus computer/navigation system is a bit strange with the touch pad and all, but with a little practice, it's fine. Touch screen is GONE.
Old 03-11-21, 05:35 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by giaruso
I purchased a Lexus 2019 ES 350 new FULLY LOADED. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. Perfect ride, good power, super gas mileage (got over 40 mpg between Frazier Park, CA to Carlsbad CA. Below are a few things I would improve (I also have a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport SUV and all the items below work far better on the Hyundai than on the Lexus.):
  • Blind Spot Monitor only flickers brightly in rear view mirrors when another car is in blind spot, no audible BEEP option. I prefer audible!
  • Navigation system no longer allows navigation by phone number or GPS coordinates. You'll have to use your cell phone navigation in those cases.
  • Cruise control buttons on steering wheel are hard to locate/select by feel in the dark and with eyes on the road. Cruise buttons need raised characters or levers to more easily find while eyes a fixed firmly on the road.
  • Seat heating and cooling system is woefully inadequate. Sometimes I don't think they work at all.
  • The Lexus computer/navigation system is a bit strange with the touch pad and all, but with a little practice, it's fine. Touch screen is GONE.
Seat heating and cooling - there may be something wrong in your case. My heat seaters get painfully hot on full strength and the coolers do a terrific job. Audible blind spot??? - I can't imagine how annoying that would be. Good luck with your ES.
Old 03-11-21, 12:36 PM
giaruso
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Seat heating and cooling - there may be something wrong in your case. My heat seaters get painfully hot on full strength and the coolers do a terrific job. Audible blind spot??? - I can't imagine how annoying that would be. Good luck with your ES.
Our Lexus seats DO warm OK, it's the cooling feature that seems to be substandard.

The "audible blind spot monitor" notification: Well, all I can say, is it is a personal preference. Don't forget, the flashing/audible sound only happens when you have the turning lever activated for a right or left turn and there is a vehicle in your blind spot, either side. Therefore, as soon as you make the required lane change/turn or the other car leaves you blind spot, any warning sound or flashing in the mirror ceases. Now, if you recall, I used the term "option." What I'd like to see is for Lexus to have a switch capability so drivers can either turn on or turn off the audible sound, as preferred, and still keep the flashing. I just happen to prefer the audible so I can have eyes forward as much as possible. It is nice having your vehicle tell you if there is a car in your blind spot when, for some reason, you forget to LOOK. Has that ever happened to you? It sure'n' heck has happened to me--especially when a car sneaks up on you.
Old 03-12-21, 07:31 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Our Lexus seats DO warm OK, it's the cooling feature that seems to be substandard.

The "audible blind spot monitor" notification: Well, all I can say, is it is a personal preference. Don't forget, the flashing/audible sound only happens when you have the turning lever activated for a right or left turn and there is a vehicle in your blind spot, either side. Therefore, as soon as you make the required lane change/turn or the other car leaves you blind spot, any warning sound or flashing in the mirror ceases. Now, if you recall, I used the term "option." What I'd like to see is for Lexus to have a switch capability so drivers can either turn on or turn off the audible sound, as preferred, and still keep the flashing. I just happen to prefer the audible so I can have eyes forward as much as possible. It is nice having your vehicle tell you if there is a car in your blind spot when, for some reason, you forget to LOOK. Has that ever happened to you? It sure'n' heck has happened to me--especially when a car sneaks up on you.
Yep but I always look just to be on the safe side! Audible with turn signal only I guess would be fine.
Old 03-12-21, 03:52 PM
rebel7254
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

+1 for this.
The following 2 users liked this post by rebel7254:
giaruso (03-24-21), GS350Miami (01-29-23)
Old 03-13-21, 03:56 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 1,050 Likes on 780 Posts

So you guys want the BLIS to beep everytime there’s a car in blind spot?

Last edited by ESh; 03-13-21 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019+ ES. Any problems?