ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Dual Climate (using voice)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-21, 02:11 PM
2oa
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dual Climate (using voice)

Does anyone know if there is a voice command you can use to turn OFF the dual climate setting. In my wife's RX there is a hard button, but on the ES and the LS you have to go into the menu to turn it off and bring the temperatures in Sync
Old 04-28-21, 03:59 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

The command "show the front climate control screen" gets you there quicker. There is also "show the concierge screen."

The following 2 users liked this post by LeeSoFL:
bc6152 (04-28-21), mcomer (04-28-21)
Old 04-28-21, 07:08 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Where is the hard button in the RX?
Old 04-28-21, 07:40 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,657 Posts

Thats one quirk of the 7ES i hate... the DUAL climate mysteriously coming on when i'm alone and going through 9 menus to turn it off, except when i click on "Dual" it doesn't respond and two temperatures persist on the display.
Old 04-28-21, 07:44 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by E46CT
Thats one quirk of the 7ES i hate... the DUAL climate mysteriously coming on when i'm alone and going through 9 menus to turn it off, except when i click on "Dual" it doesn't respond and two temperatures persist on the display.
You need not go through nine menus. Merely set right side screen to climate and deselect DUAL.
Old 04-28-21, 07:52 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,657 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
You need not go through nine menus. Merely set right side screen to climate and deselect DUAL.
yeah tried that which leads to the same menu to turn off "DUAL" but even when i deselect it, nothing happens and two temps remain on the display. i have to fidget with it for what seems eternity to get it to deselect. sometimes i just give up. i just want it to stay as i set it and not change
Old 04-28-21, 10:44 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

yeah tried that which leads to the same menu to turn off "DUAL" but even when i deselect it, nothing happens and two temps remain on the display. i have to fidget with it for what seems eternity to get it to deselect. sometimes i just give up. i just want it to stay as i set it and not change
You mean two DIFFERENT temps remain on the display even after you deselect DUAL? Then that's a malfunction. When mine is on DUAL with different temps on each side, deselecting it returns both to the same temp but they BOTH remain displayed.
Old 04-28-21, 11:46 AM
2oa
Rookie

Where is the hard button in the RX?
Right next to the passenger button that increases the temperature
Old 04-28-21, 11:47 AM
2oa
Rookie

That only works if you have NAV. In my old LS that's what I would do. My ES is the NON-NAV version so no right screen
Old 04-28-21, 11:58 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2oa
Right next to the passenger button that increases the temperature
I don't think our 2017 has that.
Old 04-28-21, 12:11 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 722 Likes on 529 Posts

Our 2021 RX has the button labeled “Dual” right next to the passenger temp controls.
Old 04-28-21, 12:19 PM
2oa
Rookie

We have a 2020...maybe someone at Lexus realized the error of their ways and added it at some point.
Old 04-28-21, 12:53 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,018 Likes on 696 Posts

You mean two DIFFERENT temps remain on the display even after you deselect DUAL? Then that's a malfunction. When mine is on DUAL with different temps on each side, deselecting it returns both to the same temp but they BOTH remain displayed.
I don't know for sure what is the case with the Generation 7 ES, but, with other recent Lexus and Toyota vehicles with the S-flow mode, when S-flow mode is being used and if no one is sitting in the passenger seat, there is no temperature displayed for the passenger seat.
Old 04-28-21, 02:10 PM
grp52
Instructor

Received 568 Likes on 399 Posts

Hmm... The "right side screen" mikemu30 is referring to shouldn't lead to the same menu. What is being referred to is the climate control side display (available only on the 12.3 inch display model)that looks like this:

Climate Control side display on 12.3 inch display

Putting the trackpad cursor on "DUAL" and click will (or at least it's supposed to} toggle DUAL mode on or off. When DUAL mode is off the passenger side temperature should synch up with the driver's side temperature setting.

Also, if you aren't already aware of it, On the air conditioning control screen's "Main control screen" the "DUAL" word is merely an indicator of whether DUAL mode is on or off. You can try to click on that word from now 'til the heat death of the universe and nothing will change. When on the "Main control screen" there are two means of changing the DUAL mode setting:

1. On the submenu list, select the three dots item that will take you to the "option control screen" where the "DUAL" word is a control toggle to turn the mode on or off.
2. Press the sub function button (just to the rear side of the trackpad) which will pop-up a word list containing amongst other words "DUAL" which is also a control toggle to turn the mode on or off.

Lastly, the air conditioning settings register to the electronic keys. From the owner's manual (on page 253 for the 2019 version):

Registering air conditioning settings to electronic keys
  • Unlocking the vehicle using an electronic key and turning the engine switch to IGNITION ON mode will recall that key’s registered air conditioning settings.
  • When the engine switch is turned off, the current air conditioning settings will auto- matically be registered to the electronic key that was used to unlock the vehicle.
  • The system may not operate correctly if more than one electronic key is in the vicinity or if the smart access system with push-button start is used to unlock the passenger door.
  • Vehicles with the driving position mem- ory: The doors that can recall the air con-ditioning setting* when unlocked using the smart access system with push-but- ton start can be changed. For details, contact your Lexus dealer.
... the DUAL climate mysteriously coming on when i'm alone ...
So, if you're switching key fobs around, that might be the source of the mysterious change.
Old 04-28-21, 03:19 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lesz
I don't know for sure what is the case with the Generation 7 ES, but, with other recent Lexus and Toyota vehicles with the S-flow mode, when S-flow mode is being used and if no one is sitting in the passenger seat, there is no temperature displayed for the passenger seat.
Yes in our RX but not in our ES.

Quick Reply: Dual Climate (using voice)