ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 Lexus ES350 No Sound coming out of audio system

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-21 | 08:01 AM
FCA
Driver School Candidate

Default 2019 Lexus ES350 No Sound coming out of audio system

Hello

I bought a 2019 ES350 6 months ago. I got hit from back, the body shop replaced the rear bumper plus the blind spot radar and one park sensor. They also replaced all wiring harness with brand new one. Now all the sensors are working perfect, no problem at all. I picked up the car last week, then noticed that the audio system is not working. I can switch to radio or connect Bluetooth but no sound coming out at all. Also when I turn the volume **** or using steering buttons, nothing happens. It doesn't show anything on the screens, looks like the volume is not working or so. I brought the car back to the shop, they said what they've done has nothing to do with the audio system. I just want to see if anyone can help me on this problem before I lose my hope and bring it to a dealership and spend thousand of dollars extra "we all know how they work". Thank you in advance

Kevin
Old 10-13-21 | 01:13 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

The amplifier is located under the driver seat. Maybe the wires are damaged or they are somehow disconnected. I will check that first.

Also, in the trunk you have two condensers. I would check them too.

Last edited by ESh; 10-13-21 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-13-21 | 05:58 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

There were previous posts regarding radios that indicated there was a reset button located on the front of the radio. Check this out and see if it helps... Let us know if it works.
Old 10-13-21 | 06:31 AM
FCA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LjeksesES
The amplifier is located under the driver seat. Maybe the wires are damaged or they are somehow disconnected. I will check that first.

Also, in the trunk you have two condensers. I would check them too.
Thank, I'll check them out.
Old 10-13-21 | 02:11 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

I just had a thought; Your car should still be under warranty right?
Old 10-13-21 | 09:49 PM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by FCA
Hello

I bought a 2019 ES350 6 months ago. I got hit from back, the body shop replaced the rear bumper plus the blind spot radar and one park sensor. They also replaced all wiring harness with brand new one. Now all the sensors are working perfect, no problem at all. I picked up the car last week, then noticed that the audio system is not working. I can switch to radio or connect Bluetooth but no sound coming out at all. Also when I turn the volume **** or using steering buttons, nothing happens. It doesn't show anything on the screens, looks like the volume is not working or so. I brought the car back to the shop, they said what they've done has nothing to do with the audio system. I just want to see if anyone can help me on this problem before I lose my hope and bring it to a dealership and spend thousand of dollars extra "we all know how they work". Thank you in advance

Kevin
In addition to the other suggestions, check that the fuse for the radio is still good. In the hardwired a dashcam? thread in post #31 there is a photo of the 2020 ES350 Interior Fuse Box cover showing the location of the 15A fuse label with RADIO. (It is located next to a fuse labelled TAIL so possibly there was some fuse pulling/swapping done during the repair that didn't get properly undone/fixed at the end of repair.) Note: The interior fuse box isn't the easiest thing to find. It is tucked up underneath the dash on the driver's side on the far left right next to the inner body wall plastic trim panel. Unless you're a contortionist and can see in the dark, using a flashlight and mirror really helps in locating the fuse box the first time. (See post #34 in the above mentioned thread for a couple of fairly clear fuse block photos with the fuse block cover off for an idea of the location and what to look for.)

Also, in the off chance your 2019 had one of the ill behaving Panasonic head units that didn't get the available software updates that fixed the problems. The car complaints summary LEXUS TSB #L-SB-0022-19 and the full NHTSA posted TSB pdf Navigation Update Phase 3 (Panasonic) describe the problems, one of which is "Volume button stops responding" and how to check if the TSB applies to a head unit (See step 1.F and Figure 5).
Old 10-14-21 | 11:33 PM
chrisdabos
Driver

That's so weird, I had my car hit and repaired by the bodyshop at the dealer and some issues weren't there before the accident and trying to tell service dept to fix it they didn't want any part of that so the bodyshop had to do it, then service did it and messed it up even more. Finally service fixed what they messed up but the issue when it came back from the body shop was still there (a rattle) so I left it. Just fyi you may get back and forth from service warranty and the shop.