ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

F-Sport Panoramic View Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-21 | 10:09 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Default F-Sport Panoramic View Monitor

I know you can get one of these monitors in the Ultra Luxury model but was wondering if there is anyway to get it as a stand alone option in an ES F-Sport model?
Old 10-15-21 | 07:57 PM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by lgb0250
I know you can get one of these monitors in the Ultra Luxury model but was wondering if there is anyway to get it as a stand alone option in an ES F-Sport model?
The [US] Lexus web site doesn't show the Panoramic View Monitor as obtainable for any F-Sport model variation. As you mention, it is a standard inclusion with Ultra Luxury models and as part of an $835 option add-on for Luxury models only.

As a general note, the [US] web site has a fairly easy means of finding out what is possible to get cross all 12 model offerings. As I've posted in the past (updated for 2022):
Originally Posted by grp52
The [US] Lexus web site now has a spreadsheet like page show all twelve 2022 ES model offerings and the standard, package, and optional features for each. I haven't been able to get a working direct web link through this forum's link posting support code so I'll have to post breadcrumbs trail directions on how to reach it. Go to the 2022 Lexus ES web page, then scroll down and expand any of the MORE PERFORMANCE, MORE TECHNOLOGY, or MORE SAFETY sections and then in the expanded section click on one of the revealed ALL PERFORMANCE, ALL TECHNOLOGY, or ALL SAFETY boxes and that will take you to spreadsheet like page with that particular feature set section expanded (and you can easily expanded all the other feature sets also on that same page).
Old 10-16-21 | 02:46 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Thanks. Didn’t know about the $835 on the Luxury models. Guess I will start looking for them instead. Looking for a 2019-2020 ES but I need that front monitor for my depth perception problem.
Old 10-16-21 | 06:31 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Thanks. Didn’t know about the $835 on the Luxury models. Guess I will start looking for them instead. Looking for a 2019-2020 ES but I need that front monitor for my depth perception problem.
Make sure you check the camera view before buying. The front view is typically greyed out by Lexus/Toyota, i think.
Old 10-16-21 | 09:00 AM
grp52
Instructor

When looking at prior year ES models be aware that Lexus over the years has changed the mixture of what was an extra cost add-on option/package and what was included as a standard part of the model's starting price. For example, on my 2019 Ultra Luxury the Panoramic View Monitor was part of a $1900 add-on package whereas for the 2021/2022 model years it is a no additional cost standard feature for the Ultra Luxury models. Also, for the 2019 model year and to a lessor extent the 2020 model year, Lexus offered more of a range of packages with subsets of add-on features - in the 2019 Panoramic View Monitor package case there was a less costly package that included everything in the package but not the Panoramic View Monitor.

So, in short, when looking at prior year models don't assume an Ultra Luxury model will have a Panoramic View Monitor. Since that is a must have option for you, I suggest you physically verify that it exists in the car before buying it.

Also, you might not have much luck in finding a 2019-2020 ES Luxury model with a Panoramic View Monitor. Because of the added cost for a feature most potential buyers didn't really see a need for, I think most dealers didn't want that option included in their Luxury models.
Old 10-16-21 | 09:22 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Originally Posted by grp52
Also, you might not have much luck in finding a 2019-2020 ES Luxury model with a Panoramic View Monitor. Because of the added cost for a feature most potential buyers didn't really see a need for, I think most dealers didn't want that option included in their Luxury models.
I’m not sure where you obtained your data for this point, so I have no idea if it is accurate (I do agree with the other points you made however). My ES Luxury model has the Panoramic View. At first I thought it was just a gimmick, but we have quickly come to appreciate it. In fact, we won’t buy another vehicle without it. Works great to see how close you are getting to those curbs - and I do like to hug them!
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (10-16-21)
Old 10-16-21 | 09:31 AM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Make sure you check the camera view before buying. The front view is typically greyed out by Lexus/Toyota, i think.
I agree he should check out the camera view before buying. That said, I don't really notice any grey out in my ES's Panoramic View Monitor in the "Wide front view & panoramic view" setting I always use. Granted the picture quality isn't the greatest but even at night you can see lane markings; parking spot lines; curbs, bushes; car ahead, on sides, and in back; etc.
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (10-16-21)
Old 10-16-21 | 10:10 AM
grp52
Instructor

Originally Posted by TechNut
I’m not sure where you obtained your data for this point, so I have no idea if it is accurate (I do agree with the other points you made however). ...
Just from what I gathered from reading over dealer listings of features and window stickers. Before BSM became standard across all models, saw a lot of BSM including add-on packages but no Panoramic View Monitor including packages with Luxury models.
Old 10-16-21 | 11:06 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Thanks but I have never noticed that. My 19 RX350 and our 19 Toyota Avalon Limited w/Advanced Safety Package both have the monitor and picture quality is just fine.

For those of you not aware, this Lexus website will show you every option on any Lexus. Makes it easy to check out a vehicles by just entering its VIN. One of the best VIN decoders I’ve ever found. https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive.../vehicle-specs