ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

What quirks/annoyances do you have with the 7ES?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-21, 03:28 AM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Prado, Agree with all you said except the F Sport. I don't have one but I think it should have even more performance features like the BMW M series and the Mercedes AMG's.
The following users liked this post:
Rileybear (12-18-21)
Old 11-09-21, 03:47 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by CJS57
Prado, Agree with all you said except the F Sport. I don't have one but I think it should have even more performance features like the BMW M series and the Mercedes AMG's.
Would be nice to see a different engine or at least a turbo cha4ged version of the current engine in any F Sport version. Otherwise it’s just a waste of money to me.
decypher44 (11-11-21)
Old 11-09-21, 04:43 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,790 Posts

Apples and oranges really. The M and AMG are exponentially more expensive and performance oriented compared to their base models. The FSport (ASpec for Acura) are merely an attempt to add some sporty appearance features at a relatively nominal cost.
kalel2127 (11-10-21)
Old 11-11-21, 04:57 AM
Prado
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

the problem is ES is no answer to Euro saloons, the GS was , it was designed from the out set to rival BMW etc

F sport should never been devised for ES saloon
Old 11-11-21, 08:47 AM
Lead Lap

Received 780 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
How about no rear heated seats. This is a complete fumble and cheesey cost cut for a Lexus.
just a Lexus USA decision. Even the Avalon has heated rear seats.

Here’s a review of the ES for the Australia/NZ market. Reclining, heated and tri zone :

Old 11-11-21, 10:27 AM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Prado
my **** list...

> road noise - they need to improve sound deadening some how
> ride - need to improve ride quality it should not be so firm,- ignore all those idiot motor jounalist who compare this to a Euro car. Lexus fans dont care about Euro car stiff ride and loud road noise... we care only about comfort, smoothness and quietness
> F sport seats are not comfortable
> dis continue the f sport brand it ruins what ES lexus is supposed to be
> install wireless car play
I agree with these 2, plus the transmission jerky, plus the wireless charger should be outside somewhere so we can get to quickly, I need to be able to hit the "skip ad" button when I "listening" to YouTube or some streaming apps LOL while driving.
Probably have to wait till next gen ES LOL if they even plan to do gasoline cars anymore... I'll be damned if they somehow fix some of these on the what I called, a second mid-life-cycle refresh, I think all car companies are watching the market to move to EV, so the life span of all current model generation will be extended few more years...

In regard to the "F Sport" line up, Lexus is working on refining to Introduce 4-Tier F Performance Lineup. So basically there will be more "F Sport" stuff to be added rather than just ... the look as of now on most model.

...Lexus gave us our first high-performance F model in 2008 with the arrival of the IS F. Since then it’s offered F versions of the GS and RC and most recently it introduced the 2022 IS F Sport Performance.
Now Lexus has announced that it is expanding the F lineup from F Sport to four tiers: F Sport Design, F Sport Handling, F Sport Performance and F...

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...ormance-lineup

https://www.thetorquereport.com/lexu...to-four-tiers/
Prado (11-12-21)
Old 11-11-21, 04:55 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Prado
my **** list...

> road noise - they need to improve sound deadening some how
> ride - need to improve ride quality it should not be so firm,- ignore all those idiot motor jounalist who compare this to a Euro car. Lexus fans dont care about Euro car stiff ride and loud road noise... we care only about comfort, smoothness and quietness
> F sport seats are not comfortable
> dis continue the f sport brand it ruins what ES lexus is supposed to be
> install wireless car play
You don't like the FSport and find the seats uncomfortable so Lexus should discontinue the trim? I don't care for red cars - Should Lexus stop producing those?
stevewise (12-03-21)
Old 11-11-21, 07:59 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

You don't like the FSport and find the seats uncomfortable so Lexus should discontinue the trim? I don't care for red cars - Should Lexus stop producing those?
I was coming on to make a closely related point: All his complaints about road noise, ride, and seat comfort are specific to the F Sport. If he bought the F Sport, I feel sorry for him because he didn't choose the version he'd really prefer. But fortunately for him, it's financially easy to get out of a late-model car right not without taking a depreciation bath.
Old 11-12-21, 05:14 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
I was coming on to make a closely related point: All his complaints about road noise, ride, and seat comfort are specific to the F Sport. If he bought the F Sport, I feel sorry for him because he didn't choose the version he'd really prefer. But fortunately for him, it's financially easy to get out of a late-model car right not without taking a depreciation bath.
So true. I own an FSport and have driven many non FSport loaners - I don't notice any difference in road noise.
Old 11-12-21, 09:46 AM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by lgb0250
You will get used to the big screen eventually. This is my fourth vehicle now with the surround view and I look nowhere else o5her than the big screen when pulling into or out of a tight spot. Actually I won’t buy a vehicle now that doesn’t have the 360 in it.
I use the big screen a lot, thank you very much. I use it extensively when parking, including hitting the button on the left end of the lower dash to see what's going on when I'm pulling forward into a parking space. But that's not my point. I'm referring specifically to the parking assist system, which beeps and shows a bird's-eye view graphic to the left of the speedometer. My problem with the graphic on the right quarter of the big screen is that there are extraneous lines on it which obscure the relevant data I'm looking for. When pulling into a parking space, I don't want to have to stare at the graphic for more than a second or so to interpret it.

This is like saying there's a big game on today, I'm sitting in front of my 75" OLED TV but I'm only listening to the game on the radio
This analogy doesn't fly. The beeps provide all of the relevant data as the graphic. They tell you front or back and degree of closeness. The only thing the beeps don't tell you that's on the graphic is the left, center, or right data, which is of less importance to me. When I pull into my condo parking spot, I actually get front and back beeps at the same time due to the steel beams that hold up the building.

Originally Posted by grp52
Should have gotten the optional HUD. Intuitive parking assist graphics gets displayed on the HUD (as well as the MID and main screen) when the parking sensors detect one or more close objects.

That said, the display graphics for that subsystem only give a relatively rough location and distance of some detectable object(s) so it has become more or less an automatic response to change my visual focus over to the optionally equipped 12.3 screen's panoramic view monitor display. With that display's vehicle guide lines and 360 degree visual picture of the vehicle surroundings, it is a lot easier to fine tune vehicle movement for precision parking. (Although it may not be to some people's liking and there are a few drawbacks with the setting, I have the panoramic view monitor set to auto display when the vehicle speed is below approximately 6 mph.)
I have the HUD option. The problem with the HUD graphic is that if you move your head slightly the graphic disappears. Also, if you're wearing sunglasses the graphic disappears. Regarding the big screen graphic, as I said above, I find all those lines confusing and distracting. The graphic to the left of the speedometer is much cleaner and simpler to interpret in a pinch.
Old 11-12-21, 10:25 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,286 Likes on 896 Posts

I have HUD in my UL 2019. I used it one night, the night I picked up the car. I find it to be useless and distracting and wish I wasn't charged for it in the first place.
mikemu30 (11-12-21)
Old 11-12-21, 11:56 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 643 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
I have HUD in my UL 2019. I used it one night, the night I picked up the car. I find it to be useless and distracting and wish I wasn't charged for it in the first place.
It's funny how this tech is polarizing to some, and to others a must have. My wife has it on her Mazda and at first thought it was distracting. I will never buy another vehicle without it, if available. When you use the nav, you never have to look down at the display for where your next turn is, plus it displays your speed and the speed limit of the road you're currently on. My wife got used to it pretty quick and now never turns it off.
TechNut (11-13-21)
Old 11-12-21, 06:06 PM
Prado
Driver

discontinue F-Sport in ES line up.. Yes 100%. it doesnt suit the character of the car. it is ok in IS & GS but not ES.

"Uncomfortable" seats, ok i was being harsh here, but the Luxury has thigh extention and leather which is softer. i noticed it when i sat in it side by side.

red color.. lol.. wasnt my first choice (non availability) but it has grows on you and the compliment i got on color alone were alot.
Old 11-12-21, 06:28 PM
Prado
Driver

Originally Posted by LexWannabe

road noise and ride : yes.. an issue, however did research including in this forum and talking to even uber drivers - solution switch to 18 inch noise reducing alloys and use michellin tyres instead of the dealer installed Dunlops.

Seat comfort : relative compliant , only when i sat in the luxury model i notice the difference.

Wrong version: Yes, bought the F-sport mainly because of looks, 100% of non F-sport ES in Dubai are driven by uber drivers....and also an underestimation how much these issues would be bother to me even though i was generally "aware" of the issues before the purchase.

interestingly some issues like gear jerkness which some posters have pointed out is something i havent experinced, perhaps my is a Japanese made?.. other issues like wireless car play , mouse pad etc to me are non issues.

Financial hit: not really, this is a company car ie given car allowance of upto $50k every 5 years , so i will have to wait 4 more years before a new one can be purchased.

Feel sorry? : lol ... you are taking this too seriously .. the Es f sport is still a very good car.. it not like you bought some thing like Fiat or something..lol. besides the whole point is to help others make a better decision in relation to ES models.

Last edited by Prado; 11-12-21 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-12-21, 07:47 PM
Wait4Vtec
Pit Crew

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 5thaccord
700k people dead from COVID, yet this is how some people still choose to spend their time. If the biggest problem you have in life is that the wipers on your Lexus don't work to your satisfaction, you should get down on your knees and thank whoever it is you thank that they've been so kind to you. I personally hate the stereo in my ES, it's horrible. I don't spend more than 5 seconds worrying about it.

This kind of nonsense isn't just ridiculous, it's offensive.
?????? You're on a car forum, take your politics somewhere else
The following 8 users liked this post by Wait4Vtec:
bc6152 (11-13-21), dklanecky1 (11-13-21), FTBoomer (01-04-22), landonm86 (10-08-22), LexFinally (11-12-21), Slainte (11-14-21), stevewise (11-30-21), veeinc (11-19-21) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: What quirks/annoyances do you have with the 7ES?