ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Anyone Purchase A 2022 ES?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-21, 05:43 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewGia
Prices dropping. Just purchased a 2022 ES 300H in SoCal for $2979 below MSRP ($47290 -2979= $44311 + tax & License. Much different than the 2-3k over + accessories that I was quoted at beginning of October. Three different dealers offering $2300-2900 off sticker and probably last day of month helped. Also $2484 in dealer accessories (paint protection, interior protection. Alarm, clear shield, etc.) that was already on car was included at no charge.
Wowsers - that's pretty interesting in this market.
Old 11-05-21, 07:39 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Maybe i'll trade mine in again. LOL
Old 11-05-21, 12:22 PM
ionian
Instructor

Received 259 Likes on 191 Posts

That would be a record!
Old 11-09-21, 05:58 PM
july1988
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmybasco
I am currently in the market for a 2022 ES Hybrid Ultra Luxury with cloud burst grey exterior and palomino interior. I have been to three dealerships in the Atlanta area but none is available. Most of the dealerships only had a very limited amount of the 2022 ES on display. So far it looks like paying MSRP is the norm. One dealer added $2,500 on top of MSRP for add ons such as widow tint $295, Apex protection $950, Resistall $595, Nitro fill tires $96 and lighted door sills for $540. The last dealership said I may have to place an order for the vechicle with an estimated lead time of 120 days plus transit.
Anyone order a vehicle recently and how long before your vehicle was available?
That sounds like Lexus in Roswell to me, while I like their service, I dislike their sale tactic of pre-adding those windows tint and pain protection on the vehicles. Just go to Lexus Smyrna I think they are the best, Lexus of Gwinnet, and Atlanta don't go unless you're Asian LOL just kidding them 2 have too many customers they can't fully give you the best attention really, just my personal experience. Services are ok at any of these thought, all are top notch.

Originally Posted by janjanmmm
Actually, you are wrong. At least for 2022 models there is now Luxury with semi-aniline leather. Here is a screenshot of the model I am waiting for, as it shows on their website:

It's hot season now, end of year, Holidays coming, everyone wants to reward themself or reward thier wife something special, plus the chip shortage and overall market demand BS.

Just wait until March 2022, Price for this exactly car should be $49K, unless money is not a problem...
Old 11-09-21, 07:06 PM
Dopamine99
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

all kinds of deals out there:
Used Lexus ES 300h for Sale Right Now in Tampa, FL - Autotrader
Old 11-10-21, 05:34 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by july1988
That sounds like Lexus in Roswell to me, while I like their service, I dislike their sale tactic of pre-adding those windows tint and pain protection on the vehicles. Just go to Lexus Smyrna I think they are the best, Lexus of Gwinnet, and Atlanta don't go unless you're Asian LOL just kidding them 2 have too many customers they can't fully give you the best attention really, just my personal experience. Services are ok at any of these thought, all are top notch.

It's hot season now, end of year, Holidays coming, everyone wants to reward themself or reward thier wife something special, plus the chip shortage and overall market demand BS.

Just wait until March 2022, Price for this exactly car should be $49K, unless money is not a problem...
Yep I'm not buying any car unless that dealer adjustment has a MINUS sign in front of it.
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (11-12-21)
Old 11-10-21, 09:53 AM
july1988
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Yep I'm not buying any car unless that dealer adjustment has a MINUS sign in front of it.
That what we all want LOL, but I don't expect any significant saving for another 6 months or so.
I mean price of EVERYTHING went up and keep rising, the FED keep printing out more $$$ and.. well let just end it here, but my point is those days where we could score a 15% off MSRP are def. over LOL, 5%-10% should be consider a steal now really...
Old 11-10-21, 11:36 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by july1988
That what we all want LOL, but I don't expect any significant saving for another 6 months or so.
I mean price of EVERYTHING went up and keep rising, the FED keep printing out more $$$ and.. well let just end it here, but my point is those days where we could score a 15% off MSRP are def. over LOL, 5%-10% should be consider a steal now really...
Yep. I was looking today at a Lexus dealer's listings (in a metro area different from my own), and I saw a car with 30k miles that I think was about 90% of MSRP. So, silly season ain't over everywhere, and I think it won't be anytime soon.
Old 11-10-21, 01:56 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Those who think that car prices, in the near term, are going to return to the levels where they were a year or two ago, are, I think, being overly optimistic.

The spike in car prices, new and used, is the result of high demand and low supply. That low supply of cars (and other technology-based products) has been caused by the shortage of computer chips. While that shortage is likely to end at some point in the future and prices will likely go down from where they are now, it is unlikely that they will return to where they were a year or two ago.

What is more likely to happen is that the car with an MSRP of $50,000 that is now selling for $55,000 with a "market adjustment" of $5000 will ultimately end up with the manufacturer raising its MSRP, say, to $53,000, and the "market adjustments" will disappear. So, buyers will be able to pay less than what they are paying now, but it will still be noticeably more than what they would have paid a year or two ago.

Eventually, it may be the case that significant discounts from MSRP will be available again, but that won't happen for quite a while and not until manufacturers are able return to producing lots of cars and supply is able to meet demand.
Old 11-10-21, 07:50 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Those who think that car prices, in the near term, are going to return to the levels where they were a year or two ago, are, I think, being overly optimistic.

The spike in car prices, new and used, is the result of high demand and low supply. That low supply of cars (and other technology-based products) has been caused by the shortage of computer chips. While that shortage is likely to end at some point in the future and prices will likely go down from where they are now, it is unlikely that they will return to where they were a year or two ago.
I not only agree, I'd go even further. People who've proven smarter than me about economics and manufacturing are saying there are multiple reasons for pessimism that the supply chain shortage will be gone even a full year from now. These shortages may get worse before they get better — and not only on chips, but on other essentials of car manufacturing like aluminum. Buckle up, in more ways than one.
Old 11-12-21, 05:33 AM
Jimmybasco
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Angry Ridiculous 2022 Lexus ES 350 Quotes

Just got some quotes from a dealer in my area. 2022 ES 350 Ultra Luxury. Look at the invoice on the 2nd vehicle MSRP of $59,000 with all the ridiculous mark ups. The sales person told me over the phone that the car came from the factory with all the money gouging extras already installed . (not his words) I told him that normally those add ons are usually sold to the customer at the dealer ship level. He agreed, and said that this is kind of strange coming from the factory. Being the skeptic I am, I did not believe him. But take a look for yourself and let me know what you think. The invoice clearly shows the following extras pre-installed from the factory. Is this a new low or will it only get worse?
Door edge guard $145
Full kit front guard $2495
Resistal $1495
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ES 350 Invoices - rotated.pdf (848.1 KB, 118 views)
Old 11-12-21, 05:49 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Man O' Man am I glad that I bought a 2019...
Old 11-12-21, 06:55 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Wow - I've seen the door edge guards as factory installed but the other nonsense - no thanks.
Old 11-12-21, 08:00 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

Being the skeptic I am, I did not believe him. But take a look for yourself and let me know what you think. The invoice clearly shows the following extras pre-installed from the factory. Is this a new low or will it only get worse?
Door edge guard $145
Resistal $1495
I'm not sure that I believe him, either. Even if those accessories were installed at the factory, which is questionable, I would think that their is a possibility the the dealer ordered the car with them.

The mark-ups for those 3 accessories are especially high, and their actual cost to the the dealer, whether they were installed at the factory or not, can't be more of a fraction of what is shown in the documents that the dealer gave you. (Note that those documents are not invoices.)

A complete paint protection film package, which includes covering the full front bumper, full front fenders, full hood, mirrors, and door edges is something that I'd expect to pay less than half of the $2495 for if it was not on the car from the factory and if I negotiated the price when I was buying the car.

Not only is $145 for door edge guards a high price, but it appears that they are "double-dipping" because, if you read the description of what is included in the paint protection film package, it already includes protection for the door edges.

For the Resistal protection package, if you do a Google search you will find that the materials used sell for about $25, which means that they are charging about $1470 to apply the products and to give you a warranty of some sort that the protection will actually work.

Last edited by lesz; 11-12-21 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-12-21, 08:07 AM
july1988
Intermediate

Just got some quotes from a dealer in my area. 2022 ES 350 Ultra Luxury. Look at the invoice on the 2nd vehicle MSRP of $59,000 with all the ridiculous mark ups. The sales person told me over the phone that the car came from the factory with all the money gouging extras already installed . (not his words) I told him that normally those add ons are usually sold to the customer at the dealer ship level. He agreed, and said that this is kind of strange coming from the factory. Being the skeptic I am, I did not believe him. But take a look for yourself and let me know what you think. The invoice clearly shows the following extras pre-installed from the factory. Is this a new low or will it only get worse?
Door edge guard $145
Resistal $1495
I think he was right because I've seen those options when you try to build the car on Lexus website. And no you can't request to take off, I once tried to ask if I can trade the Floor mat for a service voucher and still couldn't LOL.

Now options such as Windows Tint, interior protection (they spay some **** inside your car calming if you spill coffee and stuff they wont stained LOL now these are def. added in by Dealer.

The first and last one on the quote looks ok, the second one is for someone that really want a piece of mind, and. a lot does. I actually like the last one, so MSRP is $55,315, is there any adjustment fee like + $5,000 because of the market etc... and what "deals", if there any, are they offering you? Good thing is there are 4 other Lexuses within 50 miles for you to do the magic and hopefully save more, unlike the fellow above he had to pay $5,000 more on top of MSRP because the car is hot, sad...

Quick Reply: Anyone Purchase A 2022 ES?