ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Anyone Purchase A 2022 ES?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-21, 08:33 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,018 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by july1988
I think he was right because I've seen those options when you try to build the car on Lexus website. And no you can't request to take off.

I just checked the "Build" option on the Lexus website, and the Resistal does not show up at all on the Lexus website. The paint protection film offered on the Lexus website is a $430 option/accessory that covers only the bumper, the front part of the hood, and the front parts of the fenders with film. Neither the Resistal or the paint protection film that show up on the documents that Jimmybasco was given by the dealer are, in fact, genuine Lexus options, which is why I'm confident in guessing that they, with their lofty prices, were actually installed by the dealer, not at the factory, with the purpose of padding their profits. Of the 3 questionable options/accessories, only the door edge guards would be a real Lexus accessory, and, again, they would not even be necessary because the (expensive) paint protection film package includes protection of the door edges.

Last edited by lesz; 11-12-21 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-12-21, 08:44 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 722 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I just checked the "Build" option on the Lexus website, and the Resistal does not show up at all on the Lexus website. The paint protection film offered on the Lexus website is a $430 option/accessory that covers only the bumper, the front part of the hood, and the front parts of the fenders with film. Neither the Resistal or the paint protection film that show up on the documents that Jimmybasco was given by the dealer are, in fact, genuine Lexus options, which is why I'm confident in guessing that they, with their lofty prices, were actually installed by the dealer, not at the factory, with the purpose of padding their profits. Of the 3 questionable options/accessories, only the door edge guards would be a real Lexus accessory, and, again, they would not even be necessary because the (expensive) paint protection film package includes protection of the door edges.
If I’m not mistaken, isn’t that the VIN I’m seeing at the top of each vehicle’s listing? Can you do a VIN lookup on drivers.Lexus.com to see what was “actually” installed at the factory?
The following users liked this post:
dklanecky1 (11-13-21)
Old 11-12-21, 08:57 AM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

That's not a real invoice. It's a fake dealer-produced sales document.

That document doesn't even show the VIN. It shows the stock number, which is assigned by the dealer. If you want to know what options were included at the factory, look at the sticker on the car. And ignore any additional stickers added by the dealer.

A real invoice would be on the manufacturer's letterhead and show the dealer as "sold to." A real invoice typically shows invoice price and MSRP side by side.

Your original instinct is correct. Don't believe anything the dealer says. If their lips are moving, they're lying.
Old 11-12-21, 09:06 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,018 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
If I’m not mistaken, isn’t that the VIN I’m seeing at the top of each vehicle’s listing? Can you do a VIN lookup on drivers.Lexus.com to see what was “actually” installed at the factory?
On all of those documents, the VIN space has been left blank (unless you are seeing something that I'm missing). That is part of the reason why I'm confident in guessing that those documents are ones that the dealer created by editing what otherwise would have been an actual build sheet (again, not an invoice). When you add in the fact that they include options/accessories that are not actually Lexus options, it becomes clear to me that the dealer is just trying to deceive potential customers.
Old 11-28-21, 07:37 PM
Dallas250
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

I just picked up my new 2022 ES 350 F sport on Saturday and yes I did pay MSRP which I normally would get about $3000 off on a purchase like this. But at the same time I got $3000 more than I paid for my 2019 accord for the trade-in which had an equity of $12,000 in three years. I feel like I more than made up for the higher price of the purchase because three years ago I would’ve had zero equity in that car that was 2.5 yrs old. The exorbitant amount of equity was the only reason I even purchased the car because I could easily get the payment down without putting a large sum of cash down out of my pocket. I have a self impose rule of no car payments over $550 a month because I feel like it would just be a waste of my money so this allowed me to purchase a $50,000 car and stay very close to that payment limit.
Old 11-29-21, 11:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallas250
I just picked up my new 2022 ES 350 F sport on Saturday and yes I did pay MSRP which I normally would get about $3000 off on a purchase like this. But at the same time I got $3000 more than I paid for my 2019 accord for the trade-in which had an equity of $12,000 in three years. I feel like I more than made up for the higher price of the purchase because three years ago I would’ve had zero equity in that car that was 2.5 yrs old. The exorbitant amount of equity was the only reason I even purchased the car because I could easily get the payment down without putting a large sum of cash down out of my pocket. I have a self impose rule of no car payments over $550 a month because I feel like it would just be a waste of my money so this allowed me to purchase a $50,000 car and stay very close to that payment limit.
You presumably extended your payments in exchange for a newer vehicle. Sort of like leasing which I don't do.
Old 11-29-21, 05:16 PM
Dallas250
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
You presumably extended your payments in exchange for a newer vehicle. Sort of like leasing which I don't do.
100% agree but I usually get a new car every 3 to 4 years so the payments were going to be there one way or another. But depending on how the car holds up I might consider keeping this one for eight years. my previous cars have been Honda Accord‘s and with the way technology was advancing I wanted a new one every three or four years.
Old 12-03-21, 07:06 AM
Darksouls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to lock in a deal for $54,200 OTD for a 2022 ES300h luxury on the East Coast. It sucks because the price shifted on me since I first started looking like 6 months ago, but I have made peace with it given the market. Figure its an okay deal because the price probably won't drop for another 6-12 months (or indefinitely?).
Old 02-24-22, 09:52 PM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Darksouls
Going to lock in a deal for $54,200 OTD for a 2022 ES300h luxury on the East Coast. It sucks because the price shifted on me since I first started looking like 6 months ago, but I have made peace with it given the market. Figure its an okay deal because the price probably won't drop for another 6-12 months (or indefinitely?).
Did you end up buying the car from the east coast for $54,200?
Old 03-14-22, 02:17 PM
Darksouls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. Got it in Mid-December and enjoying it!
Old 03-17-22, 08:23 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,657 Posts

I look at cars similarly. out of principle, no more than $500 a month. i think it's the sweet spot for value.

also i look at having a new lease every 3 years like trading in for the newest iphone every year=no matter what i'm paying $25 a month or so (0% financing) for the new iphone, to have the newest iphone. same w/ leasing. just a flat monthly fee to have the latest and greatest. having a risk reduction (or lets face it, zero risk) in terms of unexpected out of warranty repair costs (for both phone and car) is a big plus. also i suspect the lease will be up before the tires wear out, so no needing to buy a $1,000 set of tires which is equal to $27 a month. LOL

Old 03-17-22, 09:05 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
I look at cars similarly. out of principle, no more than $500 a month. i think it's the sweet spot for value.

also i look at having a new lease every 3 years like trading in for the newest iphone every year=no matter what i'm paying $25 a month or so (0% financing) for the new iphone, to have the newest iphone. same w/ leasing. just a flat monthly fee to have the latest and greatest. having a risk reduction (or lets face it, zero risk) in terms of unexpected out of warranty repair costs (for both phone and car) is a big plus. also i suspect the lease will be up before the tires wear out, so no needing to buy a $1,000 set of tires which is equal to $27 a month. LOL
I like leasing too, but the only problem that I foresee is that the monthly leasing payment will be between $800 and $900 even with $7,000 down. Purchasing and financing the car for 4 years will be around $1,007 per month with $10,000 down. The only good thing about purchasing is that you can have $25,000 to $28,000 cash equity in the car if you are able to pay off the 4 year loan at the end of the 3rd year and you can use that cash equity and use it as a cash down payment on another brand new ES350 at the end of the 3rd year when you sell the car. I'm looking into purchasing the car this time around because I will not have to come up with another $7,000 after 3 years to put down for another ES350. I can continuously use the $25k to $28k equity that will be in the car at the end of every 3 years to buy another brand new ES350. If the price of the car goes up, then I will only have to put down the difference to make up for the price increase. I will be financing each car for 4 years, but will be paying them off at the end of 3 years every 3 years.
Old 03-18-22, 02:33 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Received 537 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
You have a 21’ 300h correct? What trim ? Not trying to be invasive but you alluded to a $500 ish payment and I’m curious as to where your lease landed?
Old 03-18-22, 02:51 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Default 22’ ES 300h luxury trim. Caviar/acorn available

For anyone looking I have a line on this vehicle which is MSRP $53,310. NO add-ons. I can likely get a discount off of the MSRP. PM me if interested.

Old 03-18-22, 02:54 AM
UltraLux22
Instructor

Originally Posted by glamglam
I like leasing too, but the only problem that I foresee is that the monthly leasing payment will be between $800 and $900 even with $7,000 down. Purchasing and financing the car for 4 years will be around $1,007 per month with $10,000 down. The only good thing about purchasing is that you can have $25,000 to $28,000 cash equity in the car if you are able to pay off the 4 year loan at the end of the 3rd year and you can use that cash equity and use it as a cash down payment on another brand new ES350 at the end of the 3rd year when you sell the car. I'm looking into purchasing the car this time around because I will not have to come up with another $7,000 after 3 years to put down for another ES350. I can continuously use the $25k to $28k equity that will be in the car at the end of every 3 years to buy another brand new ES350. If the price of the car goes up, then I will only have to put down the difference to make up for the price increase. I will be financing each car for 4 years, but will be paying them off at the end of 3 years every 3 years.
Those numbers make me recoil!

Quick Reply: Anyone Purchase A 2022 ES?